Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 51096 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #270 on: July 13, 2014, 09:13:06 pm »

"Him"? There are two enemies.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 13, 2014, 10:41:55 pm »

"Him"? There are two enemies.
Only one my character knows about!
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 13, 2014, 11:10:19 pm »

Your character knows about both, they're both charging and presumably making a lot of other noises.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 14, 2014, 03:13:19 pm »

Walk into section C Primary, attack the Clawed scientist with the knife

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 14, 2014, 07:35:06 pm »

Your character knows about both, they're both charging and presumably making a lot of other noises.
I was just going off of what was described relating to my character. I haven't got a clue who they're charging, if my character can see the second one, or any of that. If you describe my character seeing one of them, and I say "him" in my action, its a safe bet its that one.
My Area

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 14, 2014, 09:40:13 pm »

I didn't describe either of the two in your result, I do not have any idea what you are talking about. All I described in your post was one corpse, and some movement. Movement. As in, no clear sight of what you saw, just that something in the darkness is moving somewhere.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 14, 2014, 09:59:04 pm »

Who was the someone I didn't know walking past me then?
My Area

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 14, 2014, 10:01:25 pm »

Sarrak, you can check by his result. Your character has no idea where he is now, and has not seen him act hostile.

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 16, 2014, 12:45:18 pm »

My family is going on a dip netting trip, so I'm going to be offline till monday

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 16, 2014, 01:38:14 pm »

It's fine, it's fine, I can automate you for the combat.

As for Samarkand, you're leaving me hanging here. I'm fully willing to have you go back and attempt to taser another player that you don't know the location of, but I'm pretty sure you'd prefer to do something else.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 16, 2014, 01:40:54 pm »

Taze nearest baddy.
My Area

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2014, 01:53:32 pm »

*Sigh* Did you miss the entire conversation with Blazing?

Who would be identifiable as closest in an arbitrary distance system if both attacked you, or both ignored you? Wouldn't an arbitrary decision by you be an equally good way of making a choice?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 16, 2014, 01:55:31 pm »

*Sigh* Did you miss the entire conversation with Blazing?

Who would be identifiable as closest in an arbitrary distance system if both attacked you, or both ignored you? Wouldn't an arbitrary decision by you be an equally good way of making a choice?
But... You're the one with the dice...
My Area

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 16, 2014, 02:07:35 pm »

I don't even use real dice for this, I use Random.org. In addition, you don't need a dice toss to decide a target: The human brain is perfectly able to make an arbitrary two-choice decision.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 16, 2014, 08:42:01 pm »

I don't even use real dice for this, I use Random.org. In addition, you don't need a dice toss to decide a target: The human brain is perfectly able to make an arbitrary two-choice decision.
The first one mentioned in your writing then. And the brain being capable of truly arbitrary decisions is a question for another time.
My Area

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35