Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 72

Author Topic: Mission 14: Cult investigation: A Storm Is Coming.  (Read 174159 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 14: Cult investigation: Between SWAT and a hard place.
« Reply #495 on: July 14, 2014, 10:39:26 am »

"Oh boy oh boy, this is going just great. I wish miya was here...he could just hulk smash this entire frakking building and be done with it."

@Yttra "The basement? Could be. Best not to think about it, I doubt we'll get to finish our objectives here anyway."

@Lerman "Hey, mister I-love-shooting-teammates, I can see what you're doing from here. Get your grubby paws off of that machine gun before I make you. We ain't got no time for any more of your bullshit."

Keep an eye on what's happening with Morul. Be all zen and shit and rest my brain. Gauge how much brain juice I've got after brain resting.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 14, 2014, 03:12:33 pm »

"Oh, looks like I have better things to be doing."
Take cover in the building close to the entrance and charge a Con bonus
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 14, 2014, 04:52:02 pm »

"If we're gonna run away we shoulda done that 5 minutes ago."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #498 on: July 15, 2014, 09:11:33 am »

Driver, move APC back in firing range of the road.
Driver, move APC back in firing range of the road.
belayed, possibly with a baton to the stomach
"We are trying to NOT start a fire fight with the cops, manning a MACHINE GUN on an armoured personnel carrier is NOT helping that"
Lerman gets about halfway through his order when Konrad thwacks him in the head with his baton.

"Don't tell 'em anything. Got it. Not planning on getting arrested, but I'll keep it in mind."

Await the police. Charge an exo bonus, just in case.

((I reeeeaaally hope I don't have to use my amp.))
You don't have a whole lot of brain power, but you ready yourself to use it.

"*&^% everything."

Get out of the APC and away from the "where shall we park it" battle, carefully staying away from wherever the machine gun is pointing. Stop to gawp at the crazy glowy things slowly eating Morul. Carefully stay away from him too. Get back inside the building, go to the kitchen and stand by the hatch to the basement, just happening to hold the riot shield in between me and wherever the APC machine gun is. Point the goop gun at Faith.

@Faith and Pancaek: "There's something weird in the basement."
You walk back to the kitchen and huddle in the corner with the riot shield in front of you.

Go hide in the APC.
You pass Yttra as she heads the opposite direction, and crawl into the corner of the APC, hoping its armor plating will provide a few seconds of extra living.

Round up hostages to the back of the building. Check barrier on windows/doors. Menacingly pump shotgun.
You wrangle the hostages up and force them into the back of the building, specifically into a supply closet, and close the door.  Then you go check to make sure the doors and windows are locked and that your rather ineffective barrier is still in place. Then you walk back  and sit against the door to the closet, shotgun pointed at the entrance.

"Oh boy oh boy, this is going just great. I wish miya was here...he could just hulk smash this entire frakking building and be done with it."

@Yttra "The basement? Could be. Best not to think about it, I doubt we'll get to finish our objectives here anyway."

@Lerman "Hey, mister I-love-shooting-teammates, I can see what you're doing from here. Get your grubby paws off of that machine gun before I make you. We ain't got no time for any more of your bullshit."

Keep an eye on what's happening with Morul. Be all zen and shit and rest my brain. Gauge how much brain juice I've got after brain resting.
Whats happening with Morul seems to be that he's preparing for a showdown at high noon and  that one of his arms looks like it's got the glitter cancer and is about to fall off, along with a chunk of his chest.

You relax, sitting yourself in one of the booths near the smashed open window and concentrate on being very zen. You're starting to feel better, closer to normal, though still not 100%.

"Oh, looks like I have better things to be doing."
Take cover in the building close to the entrance and charge a Con bonus
You hunker down in the entrance doorway to the diner and get yourself ready.

The sirens come before you can see the cars. Strange sounding, all low and whooping, like some sort of giant goose honking its way toward you. Five vehicles turn the corner at the top of the street and come to a stop  in formation a good 100 feet or so from diner. Four squad cars, bright yellow with flashing red lights and two officers each, park in diagonal on the street, forming a road block while an armored, black van or truck pulls up behind them and men in what look to be body armor and long coats, wielding compact gauss rifles, stomp out and on to the blacktop.  A lot of men are now pointing a lot of guns down the road, most of them at morul. None of them is saying anything.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 15, 2014, 02:54:23 pm »

Wiggle on the turret excitedly.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 15, 2014, 03:06:22 pm »

"Greetings officers. Let's settle this peaceably. Now, I'd like to talk to the person in charge here."

Maintain the bonus.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 15, 2014, 05:44:04 pm »

"hope this works for us."
Wait, maintain bonus.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 15, 2014, 10:33:36 pm »

Christ, Morul is so screwed. What's he hope to accomplish?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 15, 2014, 10:40:30 pm »

((I still have some amp juice left, and a bonus. Worst comes to worst, I go in a blaze of glory. But other than that, I hope to convince them to leave us alone.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 16, 2014, 12:26:51 am »

((or you could die in a burst of bullet fire and Lerman's manical laughter if he fails his willpower roll))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 16, 2014, 02:02:26 am »

((I would like to do or at least be ready to do something but I have no idea what. Other than breaking free of the bindings to either unleash Despair or enable manip usage, I've got nothin'. Other than maybe kickboxing, I guess. Un-raged kickboxing.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 16, 2014, 02:43:03 am »

"I said off the turret"
if lerman doesn't get off of the turret use extreme prejudice (possibly a exoskeleton boosted baton nut shot)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 16, 2014, 02:48:42 am »

Yttra just sort of ambles off and climbs the stairs, for no apparent reason.

Go back up to the second floor. Look around. Check if the door to the third floor looks locked. Try to guess how long Morul has left before he dies of chestworms.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 16, 2014, 03:21:03 am »

"I said off the turret"
if lerman doesn't get off of the turret use extreme prejudice (possibly a exoskeleton boosted baton nut shot)

Swot this interloper! Weld my hands on the turret!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:31:10 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 16, 2014, 10:26:00 am »

Pan scans around the street, trying to stay all zen

"Man, I've got to keep real calm now, gotta get some brain juice back for when these police guys inevitibly open fire on us."
"So, you shouldn't try to work yourself up over something? Get angry?"
"No no, like, zen, man."
"Guess what?"
"what?"
"He's on the turret again"

"Lerman I swear to any god Lars can come up with, if you don't get off of that goddamned turret I will make your life a living hell with a lot of missing limbs. I'm tired of your shit, son."

Stay zen, gauge brain juice. Watch how Morul does, scan police people with cameye settings while we wait
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 72