Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 196775 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #540 on: July 12, 2014, 10:50:47 pm »

Meph, while you're waiting for the DFhack update to begin working in earnest, do you mind if I try to hotfix some of the stuff that can be added to 40.x as of now? Standalone, of course, just want permission before I start ripping ideas from here to spice up my time before MWDF comes out proper.
Sure, go ahead. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 13, 2014, 02:17:14 am »

I've got an odd problem with a dwarf.  My second earth mage is REALLY slow. Like 1/3 the speed of any other dwarf.  He isn't wearing any scaleplate (scaleplate clothes slow dwarves badly).  He isn't missing any arms or legs.  He is healthy and has no unexpected effects on him, not hungry or thirsty.  He has gone through 3 transforms (dwarf->arcane->earth1->earth2) and it doesn't change his speed at all (I didn't notice it before he became arcane, but have no reason to suspect it wasn't there since I was annoyed at how long it took him to change).

Is there anything I can even look at to try and figure out his issue?  Glancing through the dfhack scripts didn't reveal anything useful; cprobe and the syndrome check didn't show anything...
Check his ambushing skill. If he has any it's because he was attacked at some point and started sneaking, and hasn't stopped. Don't know a fix.

I've noticed this happening to some of my dwarves as well. Do you know if there's a bug report about it on the tracker, or if there are any other discussions in the vanilla forums? (I didn't notice any in searching for sneaking but there's a lot of chaff to sift through.)

Sneaking was redone in the new version, so even if there was it is probably totally out of date now.  We may just need to test stuff in 40.0.x...

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 13, 2014, 05:24:36 am »

Depending how long ago it was first reported, a discussion about it might still have some suggested work-arounds relevant to the .34 version.

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 13, 2014, 12:06:49 pm »

One  bug I found, I thnk I read about it somewhere,too:

Improving a weapon at the weaponry, and got a "superior steel knuckle duster" and a "legendary steel knuckle duster". I'm not really complaining, but it is is a bug. :D

Also, another thing that might be a bug:

I bought a warpstone-turret from the merchants and pastured it nearby my main entrance. Another bullet turret is much further away from the entrance and shoots at the occasional rhesus macaque. The warpstone turret has done nothing so far. Is it range really really small, like 3 squares in each direction?

One more thing that is very likely a vanilla bug, just trying to confirm:

Trap components in bins are not available for weapon trap construction.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:09:42 pm by Snaaty »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 13, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »

According to raws, the standard turrent is range 45, warpstone (along with fire and hellfire) are 15. Web is 10.

Curiously, slade is actually also 10 but it has the interaction three times with different wait periods. I presume it basically just has three attacks rather than a shotgun effect.

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 13, 2014, 05:12:41 pm »

Hm, I guess that means Warpstone turrets are kind of broken?
There were several occasions where there was an enemy close enough to get attacked by the turret. I bought the turret regularly from the merchants.
Maybe it's connected to the fact, that I use linux -> perhaps problems with dfhack?

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 13, 2014, 07:59:48 pm »

Not sure if I posted this elsewhere, if so, I can't find it... Does anyone know how to make quickfort make the masterwork workshops? I don't know how to set alt+y or whatever on a quickfort blueprint.

Raide

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 13, 2014, 08:49:31 pm »

Hi Meph thanks for bringing us such a great mod, found a bug whenever i try to improve a sledgehammer at the weaponry i get some random other weapon using a magma weaponry if it makes a difference

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 13, 2014, 09:15:34 pm »

Where are glazing reactions these days? I don't see them in the clay oven, the kiln, or the pottery?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 13, 2014, 10:22:09 pm »

The trebuchet reactions seem to all last 10x longer than the arbalest reactions

[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:11200]
         [CE:CREATURE:GUNNER:STUBBER]

[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:112000]
         [CE:CREATURE:GUNNER:STUBBER_TREBUCHET]

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 13, 2014, 11:43:04 pm »

One  bug I found, I thnk I read about it somewhere,too:

Improving a weapon at the weaponry, and got a "superior steel knuckle duster" and a "legendary steel knuckle duster". I'm not really complaining, but it is is a bug. :D

not a bug the reaction has a small chance of getting you that legendary X weapon when doing the upgrade reaction on top of the superior weapon.

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 14, 2014, 02:24:17 am »

not a bug the reaction has a small chance of getting you that legendary X weapon when doing the upgrade reaction on top of the superior weapon.]
Hm, I know that there is a chance 15% chance to receive a legendary weapon. However, I guess this should be instead of the superior weapon, not in addition to that. I mean, thing of that, you put one battleaxe there to improve it and you should get either a regular, superior battleaxe, or as in some cases a legendary version of your input weapon.

If it is impossible to mod reactions that they give either x or y I am willing to accept what ever timey-wimey explanation that justifies that, though. Perhaps, when creating the superior weapon the dwarf has a brilliant idea and uses the superior weapon to make a copy but improve that even more to legendary status.

Still, I think the manual states you get either legendary or superior.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 14, 2014, 04:57:16 am »

Where are glazing reactions these days? I don't see them in the clay oven, the kiln, or the pottery?

I don't think the glazing reactions exists anymore per se. The skill itself was repurposed and is now toolmaking.

I don't work with clay or equivalents, but I think you make things out of the clay material directly, then fire/burn that without actually glazing it. Not sure what that means for earthenware jugs.

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 14, 2014, 01:03:13 pm »

Can anyone tell me what is the deal with "finding dead dwarves"? How long must a dorf be dead for others to officialy find his corpse?

I accidentaly caught a vampire. Swiftly I applied the atom smasher. But the poor victim...first, I had his bed repeatedly removed and built on his face. Dorfs always moved the corpse away to make space for the furniture, sadly noone noticed that it actualy is their dead friend they are pushing around the floor. Then I had the corpse dumped in the middle of the busiest crossroad in the fort. Still noone noticed. Then I had the body moved back and forth between the Corpse stockpile and the crossroads dump. Nothing. After a while I just left the body in the Corpse stockpile. And then, just as I got the announcement about 1 week missing, a moleweasel kit finally found the body :D The weird thing is that "Dorf Dorf has been found dead" announcement zooms to the place he was killed, not the place the body was when the announcement popped. :D

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 14, 2014, 09:24:51 pm »

Is there anywhere I can see an updated version of something like this Chart? http://mwmanual.mapforge.net/latest/MasterworkDwarfFortress/repository/screenshots/Metals%20by%20shear%20yield.png

That's from the old Dorf manual (It still mentions the old Welded alloy metals), but I don't now if any of the the metals we still have have been changed. It'd be appreciated. Just telling me the data for the metals that still exist are accurately described in the chart I linked to would, of course, also work.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 92