Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 196774 times)

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #585 on: July 17, 2014, 11:35:44 am »

spontaneous dwarf materialization? A 84 year old dwarf just appeared in my fort and I have no idea how he got there. He is a Mason guild member (which is how I noticed him - I had 9 masons, next time I look in the Therapist, there are 10. And no, i did not make him join). No announcement. No migrants. Fort is sealed because of a siege. This suspicious fellow is happily running around Armok Wards and several High Priests so he should not be some secret spy or what not. Any idea what is going on? :D
Have you asked dwarf therapist? It should tell you when he arrived, at least. He might just be part of a migrant wave you didn't notice.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 17, 2014, 11:40:51 am »

spontaneous dwarf materialization? A 84 year old dwarf just appeared in my fort and I have no idea how he got there. He is a Mason guild member (which is how I noticed him - I had 9 masons, next time I look in the Therapist, there are 10. And no, i did not make him join). No announcement. No migrants. Fort is sealed because of a siege. This suspicious fellow is happily running around Armok Wards and several High Priests so he should not be some secret spy or what not. Any idea what is going on? :D
Have you asked dwarf therapist? It should tell you when he arrived, at least. He might just be part of a migrant wave you didn't notice.

I checked that, he supposedly arrived some time ago. However, as I said, there were 9 masons, now there are 10. So either he appeared out of thin air with a false date of arrival, or he spontaneously became a guild member (i do not know whether that is a should be possible) :D

herocrafter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 17, 2014, 01:57:27 pm »

My cook instead of using 2 ground meat used a stack(14) to make 3 sausage.  A bug, not sure if you already knew.

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 17, 2014, 06:45:36 pm »

So how exactly does this research system work? I eager to get runic weaponaries... but my researcher seems to fail every bloody time to research (aborts in the middle of researching)... I wasted about 16 gold bars already on the research.. Is there a way to fix this? He has a decent researcher skill aswell...
Will save and reload reroll the odds of succeeding if theres a failure chance or anything like this? I am running out of ressources cause of that damn research... I checked the manual but I dont get how researching exactly works...

Edit: He just got it done... hopefully that was worth the 16 gold bars.

Edit 2: Ok worthed it, well the runic armory did, the other one is yet in building process.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:08:29 pm by ___MeRliN___ »
Signature coming *soon* TM

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 17, 2014, 11:22:22 pm »

EDIT2: Alright, turns out I was looking at DF2014 stuff. Heh. So, 180 extra plants?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:41:56 pm by lwCoyote »
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #590 on: July 17, 2014, 11:54:46 pm »

EDIT2: Alright, turns out I was looking at DF2014 stuff. Heh. So, 180 extra plants?
What?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 18, 2014, 12:55:03 am »

What?

Apologies, tired.

The option to add 180 new plants, in the launcher; where can I find info on these 180 plants? Aside from the RAWs?
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 18, 2014, 01:03:07 am »

i noticed today in my new fort that i am getting alot of "rocks" show up when i butcher animals, i was wondering is there anything to do with these "rocks" or are they purely a bug? examples are... troll rock, stray boozebelly goat rock, stray cave beetle rock, stray unicorn rock, frogman rock... i didn't even notice them until i realized my refuse pile was full and my corpses were not being butchered. i am currently dumping all of these "rocks" into my garbage pile.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 18, 2014, 04:12:31 am »

i noticed today in my new fort that i am getting alot of "rocks" show up when i butcher animals, i was wondering is there anything to do with these "rocks" or are they purely a bug? examples are... troll rock, stray boozebelly goat rock, stray cave beetle rock, stray unicorn rock, frogman rock... i didn't even notice them until i realized my refuse pile was full and my corpses were not being butchered. i am currently dumping all of these "rocks" into my garbage pile.

Is temperature on?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 18, 2014, 08:58:16 am »

So some of my dwarves got caught in the Warpstone turret goo. All parts of their bodies rotten. Medics managed to remove most of the rot.  Now all the patients have "rotten left breast" and "rotten right breast" (yes, ALL the patients have the same rotten bodyparts), they behave like they are healthy, they are spreading miasma from the rot and they do not seek medical attention. Is there any way to cure them completely or at least stop the miasma?

EDIT: I used dfhack fullheal to solve the problem. Still wonder though if there is a "legit" way :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:42:06 am by windalu »

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 18, 2014, 10:51:07 am »

So some of my dwarves got caught in the Warpstone turret goo. All parts of their bodies rotten. Medics managed to remove most of the rot.  Now all the patients have "rotten left breast" and "rotten right breast" (yes, ALL the patients have the same rotten bodyparts), they behave like they are healthy, they are spreading miasma from the rot and they do not seek medical attention. Is there any way to cure them completely or at least stop the miasma?

EDIT: I used dfhack fullheal to solve the problem. Still wonder though if there is a "legit" way :D
Magma? Or an atomsmasher would do it.  Stops the miasma like nothing else!

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 18, 2014, 11:42:24 am »

I just encountered another oddity. My dwarves seem to want to pick up and stockpile some item(s) outside of the map. Quite a lot of dwaraves (whenever I look there are ~5) are walking to the edge of the map with "Store item in a stockpile" and when they get to the edge, they just go to "No job". And this goes on and on and on... :D

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 18, 2014, 01:22:09 pm »

Is temperature on?

yes temperature is on, i am in a temperate terrifying biome, i have not had this show up before, and i notice these "rocks" have a dark grey icon like vermin remains

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 18, 2014, 04:06:10 pm »

Magma? Or an atomsmasher would do it.  Stops the miasma like nothing else!

Transformations still cure everything, right? Make them sing at Morul's Tavern, they should be OK afterwards.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 18, 2014, 06:12:09 pm »

Oh good I got a mage in my latest migration wave...

*Checks which type of mage*

Uff its a firemage... shall I execute him straight off or keep him and let him fight underground? Map is full of grass and combustable materials
Signature coming *soon* TM
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 92