Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 197357 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #915 on: October 09, 2014, 08:32:40 pm »

They actually were a large improvement, but I removed them because the upgrade system didnt make much sense. Why weld/patten-forge these metals, and not others? But if I add all, the forge and stockpile menus would be way too large.

In the end I removed them, because moon/shadesilver, basiliskine and stygian bronze, and because of dreadnaught metals. The warlocks, succubi and humans added new metals, and I tried to keep the menus small.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 09, 2014, 09:19:58 pm »

Oh, yeah, and does turning of Simple Butchering in the launcher actually do anything?
Cough cough, hem hem.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #917 on: October 09, 2014, 09:44:15 pm »

Oh, yeah, and does turning of Simple Butchering in the launcher actually do anything?
Cough cough, hem hem.
Yes. You wont get lung, eye, brain, kidney meat etc.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 09, 2014, 09:53:44 pm »

Turning that OFF does that?!
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 10, 2014, 12:23:23 am »

First off, apologies if this has been already discussed. I didn't read all 62 pages.

I have now started 3 small regions as Dwarves and with small regions, I notice I only have 1 dwarven home civ. The civ seems very alive, as it has blue dwarf icons all over the world map pre embark. I also check legens mode, and it seems the civ has not fallen...

Now being on the 3rd attempt at creating a fort and playing until winter, I have yet to get a first dwarven caravan. I have abandoned every fort after winter because I'm not sure if I am going to get a caravan at all.

All forts have been built with trade depots that are accessible to the entire map as well. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 10, 2014, 12:56:09 am »

The civ needs a land access to be able to trade/attack you, not just being alive.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 10, 2014, 01:51:31 am »

Land access shouldn't affect the home-civ, they send caravans and migrants on time even if you're on a small island somewhere off the coast on the other side of the continent. (At least, that's what they do for DF2012.)

I'd wager this has something to do with the "Earliness" that the dwarves are set to. I recall the last few versions had evil civs getting steamrolled in the first year by a dwarf siege because they were set to appear as early as possible by default, if that was changed it might be affecting when they send caravans too.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 10, 2014, 11:32:47 am »

Land access isn't affecting home-civ, but it affects the time you'll have to wait between caravans. For example, embarking next to a homeland Mountain Hall will ensure that you will get regular caravans, while embarking on a isolated island will result in caravans arriving very irregularly.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 11:34:47 am by Emperor »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 10, 2014, 11:48:57 am »

I can't say I've ever - ever - noticed an inconsistency in terms of arriving caravans. Either you get caravans every year (baring sieges or bypassing your inaccessible depot) or you don't. Not in any game I've ever played, no matter how I embark, have I gotten a caravan one year but not the next, without one of the previous situations being responsible for it.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 10, 2014, 11:53:01 am »

I can't say I've ever - ever - noticed an inconsistency in terms of arriving caravans. Either you get caravans every year (baring sieges or bypassing your inaccessible depot) or you don't. Not in any game I've ever played, no matter how I embark, have I gotten a caravan one year but not the next, without one of the previous situations being responsible for it.

I've expected it a few times, but mostly in vanilla. That was a few versions ago, though, so i may not be strictly accurate.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 10, 2014, 06:01:36 pm »

Not sure if intended, "Slade" reagent will accept any rock?

[REACTION:TURRET_SLADE]
   [NAME:Build a slade turret]
   [BUILDING:MACHINE_FACTORY:CUSTOM_ALT_S]
   [REAGENT:F:2:TRAPPARTS:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:G:300:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BRASS]
   [REAGENT:H:300:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:IRON]
   [REAGENT:C:3:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_AUTOMATON:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:slade:5:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SPAWN_TURRET_SLADE]
[PRODUCT:0:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:ANNOUNCEMENT_TURRET]
   [SKILL:OPERATE_PUMP]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #926 on: October 10, 2014, 06:05:15 pm »

Intended. It used slade before, but since you cant make it yourself anymore (i removed it when Toady introduced the minecarts/wheelbarrows. Since that update heavy weight slow everything down extremely), I decided to use normal rock.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 10, 2014, 06:53:13 pm »

While I have yet to actually use the mod (Mac user here, and installing Wine is taking the longest time ever) I can't wait to use it.

I'm thinking you should warn people about the amount of files inside of your 7zip; extracting it to downloads and having to sift through all my other crap to find the stuff I just extracted is annoying. I suggest moving everything inside of one folder, THEN zipping it (the folder, not the files inside).

I know this is probably a really difficult thing to do (or possibly just time-consuming (or both)), and I don't even know the exact details of the differences between versions 34 and 40, but I would at least like to know whether or not an updated version is underway.

On a side note, this is my first comment on the forums! Hello!

oh god this wine thing is taking ****ing forever to install, having an old macbook pro really doesn't help :P
I can't wait until I can lead a group of Warlocks for ultimate magical domination. The complexity of everything should be an interesting challenge.

Also, even though this is supposed to be a "dwarf mode only" thread, I didn't exactly see a "general stuff" thread, so I posted here. I hope that's ok :P
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:01:15 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #928 on: October 10, 2014, 08:18:21 pm »

Next time, instead of "extract here" use "extract to 'folder name'", and it will unpack into a folder called MasterworkDF V.6.1 ;)

Mdf40.x I havent started with yet, I'm super busy atm.

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 10, 2014, 09:59:43 pm »

Well, thanks for the input. I am guessing that sunce I have a small world that the other civs are just devastating my home Civ. Thats about all I can come up with.

But how about this one? Maybe <eph can shed some light on this...

I started amedium world, mainly to get more home civs, and I keep getting crashes about 5-20 minutes after embark. Sometimes sooner.

I go to the error log in the DF folder and keep getting this error message...  Would this be causing constant crashes? Is it a bug?

*** Error(s) finalizing the creature WEREWOLF
FEMALE : BITE : Special attack interaction token not recognized : WEREWOLF_CURSE_R
MALE : BITE : Special attack interaction token not recognized : WEREWOLF_CURSE_R
*** Error(s) finalizing the interaction WEREBEAST_AOE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: WEREWOLF_N:MALE
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature WEREWOLF
FEMALE : BITE : Special attack interaction token not recognized : WEREWOLF_CURSE_R
MALE : BITE : Special attack interaction token not recognized : WEREWOLF_CURSE_R
*** Error(s) finalizing the interaction WEREBEAST_AOE
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 92