Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode  (Read 76864 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode
« on: May 27, 2014, 12:43:15 pm »

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 12:47:46 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 12:44:13 pm »

Please post all discussion, questions, suggestions and bug reports for Gnomes in this thread. Thank you.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:20:21 pm »

I love that Gnome img XD

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 04:16:14 am »

So, I've finally found the willpower to leave the dwarves alone, and since one of my most common Fortress Death Scenarios involves goblins butchering my defenseless population while I'm still trying to make an intricate minecart system for my stonecutters, I decided to give the gnomes a go :)

Having read through the manual, I have just one question:  When is it beneficial for a gnome to survive, but be unable to move, with "no functioning brain"?  Do they grow back?
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 04:21:23 am »

Well, they dont die to headshots... and transformations do fully heal them. But maybe the damaged brains heal, just like eyes do in DF.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 04:44:39 am »

So, I've finally found the willpower to leave the dwarves alone, and since one of my most common Fortress Death Scenarios involves goblins butchering my defenseless population while I'm still trying to make an intricate minecart system for my stonecutters, I decided to give the gnomes a go :)

Having read through the manual, I have just one question:  When is it beneficial for a gnome to survive, but be unable to move, with "no functioning brain"?  Do they grow back?

The Life Support armor?  It actually doesn't prevent all movement (they should still be able to crawl somewhat, just not stand or fight).  I don't know if brains grow back, but if not you can give them a clockborg brainjack to replace it.  The ability to prevent drowning or suffocation can also come in handy.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 06:50:00 am »

...\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/construct-creature.lua:565: attempt to get length of global 'args' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ...\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/construct-creature.lua:565: in main chunk
        (...tail calls...)
I get this when I start up DF, using your newest update. The current release MDF has Gnomes .77, while your Gnome thread had a .78 with some more bugfixes. Is that error message just because the scripts needs a loaded world?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 07:00:05 am »

It could be.  I don't recall seeing that particular error, but it's probably trying to read nonexistent raws or something of the sort.  Shouldn't have any effect on gameplay but I'll try and fix it for neatness' sake.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 09:35:10 am »

Wait what this bit about firing cages at people to trap them?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 10:41:42 am »

Wait what this bit about firing cages at people to trap them?

It is exactly what it sounds like.  Turn cages into ammo, shoot at target, target is caged.  Caging big creatures is harder, you have to injure them first.  If you miss or fail to capture the target, the projectile turns back into a cage.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 07:38:58 pm »

McTeellox did send me the output of a script that finds unused reactions. (defined, but dont exist. Or exist, but are not permitted.)

The gnomes have a lot of those, but I most of the are dfhack hooks. I just want to make sure.

There are also some duplicate hotkeys: The number in the brackets, like (#) shows how often a hotkey is used in the same building. Seems you have 14 reactions in the catapult that use CUSTOM_A. ;)

Spoiler: Hotkeys (click to show/hide)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 08:03:14 pm »

Quote from: Arcvasti
PTW
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 11:18:45 pm »

Some of those reactions are placeholders for things that I haven't gotten working or holdovers from earlier versions, but a few are not supposed to be disabled, I'll have to go over them and check.  I'm making a few changes for the next update, so I'll go over them.  However, the smelting reactions and others that are assigned to be used by factories are supposed to be disabled, they are used by the machina script to make custom (mod specific) automatic factory processes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 05:37:38 am »

how you open crate bought at embark?
They are tools that are unpacked automatically in the Trade Storehouse. A custom workshop just for that.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 02:43:58 pm »

So I'm going to try doing a tutorial fort.

Probably won't last too long but someone has to do it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29