Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Pick and Axe : building and living in a home v.3  (Read 65959 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Pick and Axe : building and living in a home v.3
« on: April 07, 2011, 05:38:51 pm »

5/29/2022
dusts off this thread

ok so it's been about 10 or 9-ish years since I updated this mess and over the years adventure mode got a bit more easier with settling down adventurers to sites of their own making.
with and with out dfhack/third party utilities/dfusion

The Guide v.3

starting with making a camp you can do so by walking directly into the wilderness and pressing the b key to open up a build menu which lets you spawn a 3x3 campsite(or smaller depending if it next to any other sites) around the adventurer if you designate any walls or buildings first otherwise you just open the adv build menu.
the build menu takes the memory of the adventurer(s) understanding of the location and applies that to what you visibly can see on the build menu.
this doesn't mean you can't build stuff in the black out spots of the area in said build menu it just means the adventurer/player/you will have a hard time figuring out what you built there until you scout out the area.

now retiring in these camp sites require claiming said camp sites which places a civ in the site and a leader for said civ.
doing so will also make who ever you tasked for this action is actively throwing away their status of membership and citizenship of the other civs away... also requires membership and citizenship of a civ to even become a lord/lady of a campsite so human outsiders are exempted from doing this right out of the gate until you give them citizenship in any other way be it retiring them in a site, giving them citizenship via nobility passing down, or enlisting them into someone's military the last 2 would be talk about later.

oh and you also need a mainhall civ zone made which can be done with accessing the zone tab which only becomes accessible when you name the site which only becomes accessible after placing down one designation.
once you got a mainhall set up you take the adventurer who going to lord/lady over the site and get them to shout/'talk to anyone' about claiming the site while standing in the main hall civ zone.
you get a prompt explaining that there's a new civ ruling over the place and now the campsite is open for retiring.

Defenses

now defending your home from intruders is a bit bag of 'until you got the leader of a civ set up* any wandering group could interrupt you at any time while constructing stuff.
*may still just rush into your site and assault you
so given one could control the battlefield on your home turf one could build ambush traps for invaders that you can slip past and capitalize.

there's the -fortification micro bunker which is a 3x3 pillbox that has all it's walls be fortifications with the roof being 9 floors.
this works as a protection against any melee attackers, you can also  assign civ zones and add companions and followers to these pill boxes and act as turrets for defense.

there's probably more defense plans but the micro bunker is usually what I go with as getting ambushed while inside the bunker means you can trap the ambusher's inside while you just jump out of the fortifications.

Civ zones

ok so one of the interesting bits with adv mode camps is the ability to make civ zones
which are similar to the zones you can place in fort mode but a bit different given you have similar 'locations'
these zones can be used to assign anyone you come across in your journey in adventure mode be it companions you talk your way into joining you, or the fellow adventurers in your party you assign from the start( to maybe the gremlins you got from the human outsider in your party).
assigning followers to civ zones will make it so that when they are out of the party they will show up in those assign spots in the camp.
this combine with adventurer party members opens the door to say lifting or lowering adventurers to new locations
as one could assign a civ zone anywhere on the camp site including areas that you can't visibly see.
though it won't work as a civ zone until the assign zone is seen to have a floor tile which shows up as a + than a # so be careful with deep civ zone applying.

oh and telling your follower to wait, or assign them to a construction task, will kick them out of the travel party which will let them zoop to the civ zone when you unload the location via fast traveling or ... uhh sleeping/waiting/ doing constructions.

that said one thing I would make note is until patched out don't make a guild hall in your adv camp that will crash your game.

Furniture

ok so Furniture tab this is where yo furnish the place with items like beds and stuff which makes the place look lively and gives artifacts a place to stay in and not horribly scatter around the map.

as writing this section I realize I skim past the part where you learn about chopping down trees which requires learning about knapping stone and grabbing a branch to turn into a heave and combining them together to make a stone axe.... and or just having an axe at the start of the adv mode session but here is usually when after building the micro bunker and assigning the folks you pick up along the way to said micro bunkers where you could start working on carpentry
so the game gave adventurers the means to build a carpentry workshop. that's it.
now  once you assign a carpentry workshop and waited for the game to build it for you, you can now walk over to the carpentry workshop and unlock the hidden adv reaction tab that shows up only when standing in said carpentry workshop.
this option would allow you to build beds, craft doors and make tables though you do need logs and a sharp item like an axe or a weapon to craft stuff with, and the logs need to be like I think in your hand and or on the floor directly in the carpentry workshop and under the adventurer.

this does open the modding idea of different workshops in game giving adventurers different access to tools but that's modding.

after you crafted the stuff you should probably drop them as any crafted items will appear in your hands and the game won't let you build stuff in your hands... some how.
also in the option for crafting the carpentry workshop which is nested in a option called workshop is the other furniture options which you can construct and build stuff for.
oh and chests don't have one so you kinda have to plop them where ever you want them to be this also goes with barrels.

Locations

ok now that I explain the basics of adv camps here's the stuff you can setup with locations.
 so outside of the guildhall which will crash your game the locations you can build are a library, and a tavern/inn and the main hall which meantion prior is used to claim the site.

taverns/inns have a special property of affecting the units that stand in them as if any learn a song, tune, dance, and or poem,  they will be open to perform. also if you build a section of the tavern with barrels filled with drinks and a chest to hold cups folks will go out of their way to grab a cup and scoop up drinks to drink.

the fun bit about taverns is if you say make the tavern like the entire campsite large you can have just about any wildlife or idle unit on the field moving over to join in on a performance. 

libraries are ... something I haven't dip into but if you made an novelist adventurer with a bunch of quire and scrolls you could set up a library to give folks stuff to read.. though I don't know if they work like the fort mode counterpart as I really should have tested this bit out more... though I seen folks who are scholars reading the books in the area and turning into necromancers so it probably having some effect.

Fort mode retiring

ok so given toadyone added the means to retire in fort mode this open the door to moving adventurers in as a retired fort acts like any other dwarven fort site with the idle dwarves standing around and or dwarves running towards fort's tavern and library and guildhall that got built...
with just moving into a retired fort means the adventurer has the chances to rest and become part of the fort hivemind colony or well return to the Fort if you set the background to be from the player fort.... which is a good improvement from the previous updates where you have to mash the choose background option repeatedly until you landed on the player fort.

there a few things you can do with forts that you could use your adventurer with which dips into Hybrid Play:

Militia dwarves control
ok so I skim past explaining hearth-folks on adv camp site leaders as I haven't found use for them outside of teaching me that lords and ladies have Squads... which means the dialog system for them works with military commanders which means you could as an adventurer assign to a squad leader go around and enlist up to 9 other folks to the fort's military and this could be Anyone.
now them accepting you might be tricky as you need to do something to win their honor which for some it's doing acts of bravery and reporting it and hope it inspires them to join you,  for me you could just take any single stack item and name it and give it to them as a gift. this would for some of the sapient beings out there would accept being part of the fort's army and will join in on missions... if they were on site.

I should note If they were on the fort site.

if they were on site and was sent off on a mission when/if they come back they will become honorary fort members and you can use them in the fort.

this is crucial knowledge for the next bit which is

Expedition leader Exchange

so expedition leaders are similar to lords and ladies of adv camps where they could say pass down the title to who ever they want and getting and adventurer to this status means you have the means to make anyone who you talk to become leader of the player fort, and unlike the militia commander/captain being able to enlist folks the exp leader role will/might compel the new leader to march over to the player fort.
which combine with the militia dwarf enlisting means you have a one two punch on getting folks to join your fort which opens to them becoming companions down the line if you want them to follow your adventurers.

though uhh there some units this won't work on mostly folks already nobles thus you need to talk them out of the noble position first before having a chance of this working

adv camps and player fort intermixing
ok so this one a bit more experimental but in 47.04 you could make a nano fort and park it over any spot of a player camp and build on the player camp... well now that got changed to if the game detects any nearby overlap of a player camp and an player fort the game will cover the entire camp with the fort which will prevent the player from building on the camp in adventure mode.

i found one way to bypass that but I need to do more testing to see if it stable... other wise you could just use the knowledge of building up your adv camp first then parking your dwarves over the camp later.

and adv camps don't have restrictions(so far) on where you place constructions so you can wall up the camp edges or build structures and floors towering the place and potentially have the dwarves embark on the top most floor of the place.

DFhack

so what I said above was mostly vanilla in the stuff you can do in 47.05 dwarf fortress... the stuff you can do with dfhack is uhh well
take all the crafting stuff from before and apply that with advfort script and you can renovate and furnish the camp with what ever you want and with a pick or axe can chop down as many trees and dig up the camp to your liking.
there also the whole mode set switching between adv mode and fort mode but I'm testing a slightly more faster means of switching between those modes that doesn't require saving(much) that seems to open up adv camp construction as you could use an modified version of warmist's tofort to get into fort mode on your campsite which if I do more tests opens the door to getting migrants for the camp... and getting siege.
but so far I been getting crashes on it and weird oddities that I don't feel to safe to just suggest folks to use, given I posted the script in the dfhack thread

that said I made a bunch of other dfhack scripts for messing around the adv camps right down to one where you can move the adv camp to your location which reminds me any follower you assign to the campsite will permanently be stuck to that site if you disband them from the party so one could say go around recruiting a bunch of folks for entertainment then park them at a campsite then go pick more up and if the previous folks leave the party due to you not doing performances they will be station at the campsite forever so that you can win them over all over again.

hopefully this clean up of this old thread about adv homes does a good job explaining some things I probably miss some stuff but hopefully this covers most of the new update for Adv homes.
Spoiler: "v.2" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 01:53:59 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
Re: Pick and Axe : building and living in a home
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 01:57:29 am »

Sounds awesome...   What is the crash rate like when doing this if there is one yet?

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 02:15:04 am »

Sounds awesome...   What is the crash rate like when doing this if there is one yet?

I've used this (on .21, haven't used the new .25 dfmode yet) to set up an adventurer base. Basically, build a small house (with staff, doctor, smith and any other crafters if you like) and switch back and forth from fortress to adventure mode as needed.

It doesn't crash if you make sure that you switch away from your live adventurer to a dead  entity when switching from fortress->adventurer, and make sure it is an established fort that has been properly "retired" before switching from adventurer->fort.

Basically, make sure you return the world to the "Start Playing" state in the main menu before you start playing in the new mode.

The only crashes I've experienced were trying to switch from adventurer->fort mode in a hamlet or other non-player-fort site, and trying to switch from fort->adventurer and trying to play as a dwarf that was not previously an adventurer.

One gotcha I found was that player forts embarked on top of a pre-existing lair or cave will not work with this method - the game treats them as lairs/caves instead of proper dwarven settlements, and will not allow you to retire adventurers there properly. I assume this is also true for any preexisting features such as shrines (or if you are using Embark Anywhere, embarking on existing hamlets or towns).

Note that from the main menu, you can reclaim the site as normal, and any retired adventurers are still available for future play (even if the adventurer is currently a citizen of a fort, as long as you properly "retire" away from the fort first).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 02:34:29 am »

Alright, this needs a bit of a translation...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All a little unclear what is done where from what mode... Also, if your adventurer is a different race than that of the fort's creators will it affect your ability to control them in fort mode after changing their civ? Their ability to receive health care?

All in all this is a great thing you're doing, teaching us how to use these to provide adventurer hospital care/pure enjoyment from these utilities, I just don't understand any of it so far.

Some things I'm interested in that are related in some way, and explained here to some degree:

Damn you ninjas!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 05:05:33 am »

Posting to watch... I need some more instructions too. I R not smert. :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 12:29:57 pm »

oh there also the fact of using Nano fort with this will resize the area at first then shrink field down to the original size.

All a little unclear what is done where from what mode... Also, if your adventurer is a different race than that of the fort's creators will it affect your ability to control them in fort mode after changing their civ? Their ability to receive health care?

All in all this is a great thing you're doing, teaching us how to use these to provide adventurer hospital care/pure enjoyment from these utilities, I just don't understand any of it so far.

Some things I'm interested in that are related in some way, and explained here to some degree:

Damn you Human Bogeymen!
hope this helps.

few things preventing me from being all swap happy is the pets animal issue so far the only way to keep them alive is to bring them with you on the journey and to make sure their the same civ as you before swapping to adventure mode(due to I guess the animal still mark as a tame wild in adventure mode and the game doesn't make them hold back leading to companions killing them or wide spread chaos of having caught tame creatures being next to migrant/merchant bought animals fighting each other and murdering dwarfs)."Recruit and Civ realign your pets before going out."

welp welcome to SimDorf
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 05:54:38 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 12:48:06 pm »

Posting to watch.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 09:34:07 pm »

My original "retire a fort" method was posted in the DFusion thread in the modding forum here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69682.msg2103316#msg2103316

to repeat:

Rumrusher has been playing with swapping modes the other way (adventure->fort). Following his instructions, I move an adventurer to a previous embark site, then using dfmode switch to fort mode (the "0 1" part of his instructions). It has to be a previous embark site, because otherwise something doesn't get initialized properly, and the fort will "wither away" after a set amount of time.

For more information, see the DFusion and DFHack threads in the Modding forums (specifically Darius, Rumrusher and Askot).

1. Install both DFhack and Runesmith. Clear enough. Wish runesmith/therapist were updated for .25 though... You should list a download for DFusion, it's not included in either of those and necessary for step 4, according to your directions

See my link above. Also, Therapist will auto-update when it detects .25, works on my game. Runesmith is sorta usable with .25, if you copy over the new memory xml from the latest version of DFHack.

2!?!  Create fort/home and adventurer previously? Which one/what should be loaded to begin with? When do we transition, if we do?

I believe he means "create a small fort in Fortress mode" then use my retire method above to create an adventurer in the same world.

2? or 3? Use either DFusion or DFlair to remove scatting tiles. What are scatting tiles? Scattering? of items?
DFLair is packaged with DFHack, but you should probably explain where to find/how to use DFusion a little, as it's apparently in neither the DFHack or Runesmith threads, at least on the front page. I do have it separately, so I suppose I'll read the readme again now to understand how it works, but a simple explanation as you did with DFmode would be the polite thing to do.

He refers to the "Prevent Items from Scattering" function of DFusion, which is needed if you want to use the site as an adventurer base (so items you place will not disappear/scatter like on abandon or in a bandit camp)

3. So at this point there should be a fort embarked upon and we should be building to our desire, correct?

By "finish up" I think he means make and store any items you want your adventurer to have (steel armor/weapons, crutches, etc).

Making a hospital may be needed for future adventurer use.

4. Again, need to read up, and again a short, sweet expansion of directions here would be nice. I probably need to update it or something.

Here he is referring to my method posted above - swap to adventure mode, then use DFusion to swap into another body -  a dead body such as a goblin or previously butchered animal.

Save adventure mode, and once you load the game, adventure mode will display "you are deceased" properly, and you'll go back to the Main menu in a proper "Start Playing" state.

6. So the adventurer and fort both need to have existed previously?

The fort needs to exist previously, but you can spawn as many new adventurers as you want (as long as you retire/abandon or whatever to get back to the "Start Playing" state). You can haul multiple adventurers to the fort and then reclaim (what I usually do) or use dfmode to go back to fort mode (as Rumrusher says).

7. Standard action after death.

Again, I believe he's talking about my "swap to a dead entity" trick in order to go safely from fort to adventure mode.

8. Alright, so the adventurer isn't actually dead? You use dfmode to take him to the site, then retire, go back into fort mode, and use DFusion to remove the 'Is Resident' tag, and change civ number to be identical to that of your dwarves.

At this point, you are at the Start Playing menu, and you make a new adventurer. You spawn, walk to the site.

You will now have a fort with your adventurer and lots of "Friendly" units around (the former residents of the fort). Remove the "Is Resident" flag from the "Friendly" citizens, and change the civ number of your adventurer to be the same civ number as theirs (remember, it's their fort, your adventurer is the visitor).

9. esc on the game or on DFusion?

Use dfmode to switch to fort mode, then ESC, save (to make sure it's properly switched over).

This should give you a working fort with all your former dwarves, plus your new adventurer.
You might have to use the "Friendship" function of DFMode if your adventurer isn't a dwarf - for those who haven't used it, "Friendship" allows non-dwarven members of a fort to do tasks (i.e. your tame tigermen can now be useful) although I haven't found a way to get them to do some tasks like join the military or take an administrative position.

10. save game, reload game, check that adventurer is controllable. At this point are we in adventure mode or fort mode again? So we should be able to control them as with our dwarves? The adventurer should of course have their race's default character and not the adventurer's standard @. Puncuation may be necessary. "if they have a @ then go repeat 8."+"doing it correctly this time".
At this point you are in dwarf mode. "controllable" means your adventurer is a bonafide member of the fort who can do tasks.

Also, if your adventurer is a different race than that of the fort's creators will it affect your ability to control them in fort mode after changing their civ? Their ability to receive health care?

See my note on "Friendship" above. Without friendship, non-dwarven citizens just hang around and chat with each other.

-I want to ensure that a fort exists as a mountainhome as it would had Toady implemented abandonment without becoming a ruin.

See my "retiring a fort" instructions for this.

-Rearming my companions, especially those damnable archers (useful for a few minutes, but sadly not disposable/replaceable enough) and guys that lose a hand and their shield/weapon.
-Giving crutches where needed so the cripples can keep up (the cripples are always the badass ones that will last longer than you!)

Use DFusion to temporarily take control of companions, and have them pick up and equip gear (under tools->Change Adventurer if you can't find it).

-Training up the companions since they're now so near impossible to find, and even harder to replace. (it's actually best to recruit bandits from near one civ and travel across the world to where they aren't criminals.)

With proper armor, they actually survive battles now, and train up quickly in combat.

-Upgrading my adventurer's and my companions' armor. I suppose modding the human/whatever else civs to be playable in fort mode is necessary here to produce said armor.

Do the fort->adventurer switch to get better armor. Personally I just buy loads of "large" armor pieces off human merchants and store them for later.

-Stockpiling all my goods from my adventurer.
The "Prevent items from scattering" function does this.

-Using the adventurer to transport goods between (living or otherwise) fortresses. A free mini-caravan so to speak.

You can "retire" multiple fortresses, and reclaim or switch adventurer->fort as needed.

-Maybe advice on producing dwarves suitable as companions. I can find dwarves from abandoned forts that are willing to tag along, but it isn't a guarantee they will.

I find my legendary fortress guards almost impossible to recruit, as their stats will usually be far higher than any adventurer wishing to recruit them. Training peasants up is more productive.

Sorry for the Wall 'o Text. If I get any spare time I'll try to write this all up on the wiki.

Heh and I duplicated some things rumrusher mentioned above, sorry dude, didn't click the spoiler tag. :-D

few things preventing me from being all swap happy is the pets animal issue so far the only way to keep them alive is to bring them with you on the journey and to make sure their the same civ as you before swapping to adventure mode

Have you tried making the animals merchants before switching to adventure? I find any merchant caravans on the map will retain the animals in adventure mode. although they might try to leave the map.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 12:21:48 am by Langdon »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 12:27:35 am »

adventure -> fort mode kinda like Reclaiming a fort using your adventurer. Though I may have to see if Dfusion friendship could be used because slapping the tame tag in the current state makes companions starve... something about lack of grass as a food source.

oh while lairs aren't great for retiring(?) There best for having a door/hatch cover free food and if lucky a night creature beast to tame if you succeed in trapping it. Though from experiences Do not leave a fort when hostiles are near by they will just rush in and kill some of the dwarves when you come back then go murder some more until you reach them. Did any one attempt to use burrows?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 01:20:17 am »

Though from experiences Do not leave a fort when hostiles are near by they will just rush in and kill some of the dwarves when you come back then go murder some more until you reach them. Did any one attempt to use burrows?

They don't seem to respect burrows, I find my dwarves all over the map (although mostly wandering around outside the fort, in the center).

I had fort once where I used Runesmith to make caravan guards stay on the map each year (left Friendly status on by not changing them to my civ, just removing the merchant/diplomat tag) until I had an army of Friendly units hanging around at the caravan entry points. I then armed most of my civilians with leather armor+crossbows, then I swapped to adventurer mode.

That was my safest high-security retirement home ever. Also a good place to recruit armed companions (the caravan guards).

Some other things I've found in my current game:

- when switching to fort mode for a while so your adventurer can access medical services, you can just remove isresident on a few dwarves, not your entire fort (i.e. medical dwarf, maybe a farmer/brewer/cook) since you won't be doing any building. It should be pretty safe for your other dwarves if you have invasions off. Switch to fort mode, let the doctors go to work, and switch back to adventure mode.

I haven't tested this on non-dwarven adventurers, though. I'd expect you'll need DFusion Friendship to get your humans/elves healed up.

- if you do have invasions on, "friendly" units will tend to hang out all over your map, and it will be impossible to protect them from attack. It should be fine if you have an excess of civilians, or if you have a mostly-militarized populace - if you have lots of legendary soldiers hanging out at your fort, incoming gobbies don't stand a chance.

- also, be careful which companions you bring to your fortress. I once had an elven adventurer bring a couple of elf peasants in, but forgot that the elf civ was at war with the dwarven civ that owned that fort. Pretty soon I had a massacre on my hands (the dwarves were friendly to me, but my elf companions attacked the dwarves, my human companions attacked the elves, and all hell broke loose).

- for long-lived forts, aging might be a factor for human adventurers. I expect they'll just drop dead of old age once some other adventurer enters the area.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:22:53 pm by Langdon »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 06:09:07 pm »

Langdon I'm Naming My DF .21 first adventurer born after you for that beautiful post.

hmm from what you say different civ animals will stay on the fort but same civ ones will die.
oh I don't know if it's 21 or a repeated use of DFMODE but talking to someone for a quest caused the game to crash. Though I should just move out of the lair fort and use that as means of exploring hell.
wait I guess since any thing the adventurer has seen is revealed in fort mode I could just bring loads of stone and wood bunch of legendary archers and build a house in hell/caverns under another fort site that hasn't even crack it so we could build a hidden under ground base. Though I don't think they will stay in the underground base if you revisit it I guess from the fact we didn't figure out how to prevent creature scatter.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 10:23:02 pm »

oh I don't know if it's 21 or a repeated use of DFMODE but talking to someone for a quest caused the game to crash.
I see the bug here was supposed to be fixed in .21, according to Mantis. If I can duplicate that reliably in a .25 save, I'll put it on the bug tracker.

Edit: on the other hand it might be this bug which still existed in .21, but was fixed in .22.

I'm actually going to start a .25 game tonight, as most of the tools I use have been updated properly. I just have to finish converting my personal mods.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 10:25:38 pm by Langdon »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 01:57:32 am »

so do you guys think the name weapon only happens when a certain kill number is reach in Fort mode and if so could someone take a head of a creature murder 40 people with it then smack a groundhog and get it named?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 10:44:25 am »

so do you guys think the name weapon only happens when a certain kill number is reach in Fort mode and if so could someone take a head of a creature murder 40 people with it then smack a groundhog and get it named?

that sounds like a good !!SCIENCE!! project
also, following thread

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 03:39:44 pm »

that sounds like a good !!SCIENCE!! project
also, following thread
shoot I'm more than welcome to have people list new discoveries in the world of Dfmode here. more info the merrier so that we can compile it for Peterix's readme.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6