Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode  (Read 77854 times)

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2014, 01:10:35 pm »

shadowleaf bush leaves (madi in farmers workshop - process plants to bag) cannot be cooked. Is there any use for them?

I cannot farm trees (tree acorns). Steeloak farms work fine. Embark is in temperate zone, my last fort in temperate had no problems with tree farms so I'm not sure whats wrong in this embark :D
The shadowleaf thing I think is a bug, but easy enough to fix, just add [EDIBLE_COOKED] to the entry, so it looks like this.
Code: [Select]
[PLANT:shadowleaf bush]
[NAME:shadowleaf bush][NAME_PLURAL:shadowleaf bushes][ADJ:shadowleaf bush]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN][EDIBLE_RAW][EDIBLE_COOKED]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[VALUE:2]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:OIL:PLANT_OIL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen shadowleaf oil]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:shadowleaf oil]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling shadowleaf oil]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:7]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOAP:PLANT_SOAP_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:shadowleaf soap]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:melted shadowleaf soap]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling shadowleaf soap]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:7]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LEAF:LEAF_TEMPLATE][REACTION_CLASS:IS_LEAF]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2][EDIBLE_VERMIN][b]
[EDIBLE_COOKED][/b]
[LEAVES:shadowleaf leaf:shadowleaf leaves:6:7:0:0:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:LEAF]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:EXTRACT:PLANT_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen shadowleaf poison]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:shadowleaf poison]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling shadowleaf poison]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:25]
[REACTION_CLASS:SHADOWLEAF_POISON]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:5:0:0]
[EXTRACT_STORAGE:BARREL]
[ENTERS_BLOOD]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:shadowleaf poison]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:25:START:0:PEAK:1:END:300]
[CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:130:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:5:END:150]
[CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:0:PERC_ON:25:START:0:PEAK:0:END:150]
[EXTRACT_BARREL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:EXTRACT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:shadowleaf seed]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:SOLID_PASTE:shadowleaf seed paste]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:SOLID_PRESSED:shadowleaf seed press cake]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:OIL]
[SEED:shadowleaf spawn:shadowleaf spawns:7:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]

[SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN][WINTER]
[GROWDUR:600]
[FREQUENCY:50]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]
[PREFSTRING:gray leaves]
[WET][DRY]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:1]
[PICKED_TILE:28][DEAD_PICKED_TILE:58]
[SHRUB_TILE:'"'][DEAD_SHRUB_TILE:'"']
[PICKED_COLOR:2:0:0]
[SHRUB_COLOR:2:2:1][DEAD_SHRUB_COLOR:7:0:0]
The tree thing is probably a normal DF bug, where you can't farm plants you haven't found yet, even if you have the seeds. Have you gathered any small trees, or just cut down large trees?

Qrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2014, 10:24:46 am »

So I suspect that it could be the drilling rig sucks the output to the level above but failed to remove references in the level below.
After looking into the code, I found this is indeed the case. The function ejectItem() moves one item to a new location, but if the destination is not in the same block as the item previously was, the code doesn't remove it from the previous block (and does not reset item occupancy when there is no item left) (item:moveToGround() does not seem to do this job). I changed the code a little bit to remove the item in this case and after that everything went ok.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2014, 11:19:07 am »

So I suspect that it could be the drilling rig sucks the output to the level above but failed to remove references in the level below.
After looking into the code, I found this is indeed the case. The function ejectItem() moves one item to a new location, but if the destination is not in the same block as the item previously was, the code doesn't remove it from the previous block (and does not reset item occupancy when there is no item left) (item:moveToGround() does not seem to do this job). I changed the code a little bit to remove the item in this case and after that everything went ok.

Ah, that sounds right.  Can you send me the updated file?
Also, regarding the lye problem, is it just lye that crashes the game, or is it any liquid in a container?

Qrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2014, 11:02:02 pm »

Ah, that sounds right.  Can you send me the updated file?
Also, regarding the lye problem, is it just lye that crashes the game, or is it any liquid in a container?
This removes the item from its previous block. Putting it at the start of ejectItem() should do the job
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Regarding the lye issue, I dumped a barrel of prickle berry wine and a bucket of water into the arc furnace, and some exception was throwed (general_ref out of bounds, in destroyItemInBuilding(), general reference erased, but accessed by the next if statement. Simpling changing "end if" to "elseif" fixed this). After restarting machina, the game crashed. This seems to fix it, although I can't see why:
But I still prefer the furnace !!EXPLODES!! if any liquid was pourer into it! :P
Edit: And there is another issue I wrongly posted out of this thread (and found a (probable) fix), regarding never-coming gnome caravans
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139968.0
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:07:23 pm by Qrox »

Qrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 11, 2014, 02:23:34 am »

I haven't figured out how to remove them from a pasture through the code.
So I just figured it out... Here's the code if you'd like it

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 11, 2014, 04:30:29 am »

Okay, I'll put those fixes in.

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2014, 12:14:24 pm »

Trying the Gnomes for the first time today.  Been spending much time searching for this answer, can't seem to find it.  To build an automatic stonecutter, I need 4 mechanisms, 4 pipe sections, and a rock sawblade.

What builds the rock sawblade?  Can't even find it under management functions (J-M-Q), only metals or glass.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2014, 12:19:44 pm »

Rock is the default inorganic.  So glass or metal should work just fine.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2014, 08:49:34 pm »

I think only metals work for "rock".

Glass says glass.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 15, 2014, 06:36:00 am »

Hey i have a question:
Im trying to spawn in a crate of heavy electrical equipment with the createitem command. But nothing that i type works! Can someone tell what need to spawn it in?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 15, 2014, 09:10:19 am »

Hey i have a question:
Im trying to spawn in a crate of heavy electrical equipment with the createitem command. But nothing that i type works! Can someone tell what need to spawn it in?

It is a bar of soap from a creature that does not exist and has no name.  Probably won't be easy to find.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #251 on: July 15, 2014, 09:11:05 am »

Hey i have a question:

It is a bar of soap from a creature that does not exist and has no name.  Probably won't be easy to find.
As far as I know it doesnt work with createitem. I tried, couldnt get it to work either.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 15, 2014, 11:45:41 am »

Hey i have a question:

As far as I know it doesnt work with createitem. I tried, couldnt get it to work either.

Hackwish is what I usually use for this sort of thing. Its way better then createitem most of the time.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 17, 2014, 05:54:27 pm »

Just had a crash very shortly after a coati made off with a wooden minecart.

That could be coincidental, but can't think of anything else unusual going on. Am only in summer of first year of this gnome settlement, and shaking out the druid functions more than I have so far, so all stock buildings except for those. Had up up the animal treatment building and the advanced animal training building not long before, but only treated some wounded dingos and wolves, and didn't see any issues there, and had done nothing with advanced training yet. Have been chasing down wild animals to tame along with getting the basic setup and a pallisade up.

This is the 5.10 version. No tweaks outside stuff in the configuration manager (active civs, etc.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #254 on: July 17, 2014, 06:19:29 pm »

I remember a crash when workers use a minecart in a reaction, which is used on a track. the game crashes, because it still thinks the minecart should be there, but suddenly disappears. Maybe being stolen has a similar effect?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29