Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode - Taking suggestions!  (Read 82192 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode
« Reply #285 on: October 11, 2014, 08:40:15 pm »

So now its back to Orc Peasant? :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 11, 2014, 08:46:48 pm »

I feel Clanorc would be more fitting. But that's just me.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 11, 2014, 08:47:47 pm »

So now its back to Orc Peasant? :)

dunno.  for a moment i was thinking of going with "hai" ("folk" in black speech -- uruk hai, olog hai, snaga hai, etc.)  But then that would beg the question of why all the other professions and the whole mod aren't translated into orcish ;)

yes, Splint .. clanorc is probably a good english equivalent :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #288 on: October 11, 2014, 08:55:42 pm »

Peon. (back to Warcraft II - Orcs vs. Humans) ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 11, 2014, 08:57:55 pm »

zugzug

Yeah i think it might be have to be "snaga peon, orc peon, uruk clanorc"

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 11, 2014, 09:55:29 pm »

Quick questoin - how do you process ore-bearing rocks? I smelt a couple but they just became slag.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #291 on: October 11, 2014, 10:16:01 pm »

You should have an ore processor somewhere in the furnace menu.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 12, 2014, 02:44:07 pm »

Thanks!
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 12, 2014, 06:37:22 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6732

v6.0.OF1 - see notes above
V6.0.OF2
* custom CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME:STANDARD (snaga & orc peon /uruk & olog hai /dreamwalker novice)
* enabled several dozen KOBOLD_BURN__* reactions at kiln related to greenware firing
* created corresponding shaping reax at Muckraker
*- i think that we don't need separate reax for each type of clay, trying using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT instead
* created several leaded glaze inorganics (neutral, turquoise copper, scarlet iron, and white tin)
* reax for applying leaded glaze @ kiln to jug, statue, large pot, crafts, and any object
* reax for creating leaded glaze @ muckraker

I understand now why people changed the CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME to orc, uruk, etc ... -- that is what allows you to see caste on the embark screen, rather than just "peasant" (peon, hai, novice, etc.)  On the other hand it's what gives you "Orc orcs" so it's a trade off.  Let me know which you prefer.

Test Status: 
- No errors on world gen
- bone/wood thrown javelins from atlatls great against giant animals; glance off dwarven armor though (as intended)
- New Muckraker & kiln reax successfully used to make fire clay stoneware large pots
- leaded glazes working, suitably crimson colored statues overlooking dining hall
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:12:18 am by smakemupagus »

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2014, 04:04:39 pm »

I have been having trouble harvesting blood from the meat I hunt. Were there are known issues or weird things you have to do? The reaction is never available to me.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2014, 06:23:56 pm »

No, I've never had a problem.  Burrows bug?

Quote from: burrows bug
putting aside possible chance of user error (broken stockpile links, etc.); there is an occasional pathfinding bug in all custom reactions including those in vanilla DF. It is  usually (not always) triggered when the stockpile and workshop are in separate burrows, even if the burrows are inactive.  You can rearrange burrows, or have the manager run the reaction.  After 1 time the manager does it the workshop often becomes normally active again.

Having the Manager attempt the reaction is usually a good thing to try, because if it is not the pathfinding bug, you'll often get a helpful error message.

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2014, 06:33:02 pm »

I never use burrows so I don't think so. The thing is the reaction does not even show up in red. Where is it that you do this reaction? The documentation says it is available in the kitchen but not for me :/

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2014, 06:43:17 pm »

Boneforge.  Where in documentation says kitchen, so we can remove it? (sorry about that -- it's hard to keep the manuals up to date, partly because it's hard to know what people don't know, and partly because it's super tedious ;P )

Quote from: buildings page of orc manual
Boneforge

The boneforge is where orcs can use ancient techniques to form ironbone and bloodsteel. Ironebone is formed from one stack of bones and two bars of ash. It can be transmuted into the stronger bloodsteel with a barrel of blood and an additional bar of ash.

Logs can be reduced to ash at the boneforge, and blood extracted from meat into barrels. Be warned that an entire stack of meat is required for a barrel of blood.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:48:59 pm by smakemupagus »

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 17, 2014, 07:49:08 pm »

Boneforge.  Where in documentation says kitchen, so we can remove it? (sorry about that -- it's hard to keep the manuals up to date, partly because it's hard to know what people don't know, and partly because it's super tedious ;P )

In the Kitchen entry on the V6.1 Manual

You can use meat to make ground meat or, combined with vermin remains, sausages. You can also extract blood from fresh meat, for all kinds of purposes from sacrifices to dark magic.

The Masterwork Wiki has the same text under the kitchen.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Kitchen

The following part of the getting started section seems to imply it is from the kitchen as well and boneforges are something you create afterwards.

Once you have access to massive quantities of enemies to butcher, add extraction of blood to barrels in your meat-works, and add Boneforges to create bars of ironbone and bloodsteel that can be used at your forges.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 17, 2014, 08:20:23 pm »

Oh, the dwarf part of the manual.  OK.
Thanks!

Well, someone (else... i.e. not me) should update the wiki :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:29:26 pm by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46