Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 122186 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« on: May 27, 2014, 12:47:05 pm »

!!!  New  !!!
- Succubi are in alpha-stage. Feedback and reports are very welcome -
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 12:48:21 pm »

Please post all discussion, questions, suggestions and bug reports for Succubi in this thread. Thank you.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 04:46:52 pm »

The mod is available through the main MDF release. Simply activate the race for playing in fort mod before generating a new world to be able to pick a succubus civilization on the embark screen.

To verify what race you will be playing in fort mode, before validating your embark, press tab to see the list of races around your fort. Your own race will be the first one. All suggestions and bug reports are welcome.

A bleeding edge version of the civ is available on github. You can use this one if you are stuck against a game breaking bug or if you wish to test the newest features. Otherwise I recommend playing with the stable MDF release.

The Succubi
- A new evil race of creatures who escaped the underworld and wish to take over the surface.
- The succubi are mostly female. (1 incubus for 9 succubus)
- Your subjects will be weak to interactions that hurt demons. But will enjoy what usually kill other races.
- They are very fast and have the strength to pack a punch. An elite succubi can be really impressive.
- Their protection however is a bit lacking, with inferior armor pieces.
- Caged prisoners can be converted to hybrids who will work as citizens.
- Good industries includes gem, glass, leather… and eventually flesh.
- You are likely get a tantrum, but it is less likely to degenerate into a spiral unless specific members of your fort dies.
- Fire immunity

Summoning
You can summon a set of creatures who will fill various roles from cattle to defense. Several creatures also provide precious resources when milked or sheared.

Temples
Temples provides various instant spells to use that can affect your succubi, invaders, or simply lit the world on fire. You can also upgrade your succubi with various spells. Some of those spells are dependent of the level of happiness of the succubus, or other stats. See the manual for more info.
Watch out for wildfires!

Other advice
- Building a well of soul near the refuse stockpile will allow you to extract souls from the corpses.
- The Attorney is also a good source of souls.
- Get your army ready as soon as possible, dwarves will seek you early.
- In adv mode you can find succubi forts near their frontiers with soldiers to recruit.
- Try playing on an evil biome!

Known issues
+ There is typos in the manual.
- Of course, it was written in a hurry to provide help. Report me the typos and grammar issues.

+ I am getting kidnapping message for pets!
- This is caused by the caravans leaving your site.
- It has little effect on your game, you can ignore this message.

+ I am stuck in siege mode.
- It seems that some civs does not properly the siege tags when defeated, try sweeping the map for standing ambushers or calling another siege with the altar of nightmares.

The roadmap
The civ is developed one feature at a time, regular updates will provide new contents as well as additional summoned creatures and spells.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:59:38 am by Boltgun »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 10:56:33 pm »

PTW.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 11:27:38 pm »

Quote from: Arcvasti
PTW.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 01:38:16 am »

I fixed a few bugs that I discovered while testing. Every building should be in order now and their building material are available in one way or another.

I also adapted the 3 embark profiles that I included in the vanilla version, a balanced one, a combat squad and a disgraced band of good-for-nothings to provide more challenge. One last one themed around a witch will complete the set.

There is still much to test before the civ is ready but it should be quick.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 04:19:04 pm »

All buildings can now be built using components often found through other workshops. The menu also list them by category as intended.

I removed the tailor workshop. It served little purpose here. Pottery needs to be added however to restore the clay industry.

The teleportation portal is working, sending people for red to blue and the other way around. This will fix issues warlocks had using them. The succubi can built those with soul gems.

There is still plenty of reactions to test, both new and old.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 04:26:04 pm »

Nice.

Two things: Look at this and tell me (or Roses more likely) that it isnt awesome and useful for all modders: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135597.msg5319705#msg5319705

Second: Since Succubi are demons and use a lot of fire... wouldnt it make sense to allow them some sort of fuel replacement? It strikes me as odd that a fireball-throwing demon could stand before a cold forge and cant melt anything, because they have no coke available. The thought came to me when you mentioned burning clay. Maybe Succubi could get some free fuel interaction/reaction in some way? Or an easy way to make magma.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 02:53:11 am »

Yes this is awesome, I was looking for something this like for a future workshop. You would take breastplates and round shields and reforge them into an higher quality. That way you'd give you succubi better protection using after looting the field.  The plan was simply to take a breastplate and a bar of metal to make a breastplate with a new quality, something standard. I'll probably use that for the making of stygian pitchforks too.

That would make sense to provide better access to fuel to creatures that can burn the entire outside area. I am thinking of doing something similar to the magma well (so you can make magma moats and decorations too).

If the warlock spawn magma using their well, does that enable the use of magma forge? I can fix that if it does not.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 03:48:26 am »

[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:FEATURELUA_MAGMAWORKSHOPS] => enables magma workshop

The dwarves have it, but I dont think I gave it to the Warlocks. I would have to check.

And I do have the Armory and Weaponry in dwarf mode, which do exactly what you described. But I want to scrap them and use Roses system instead, because its way better.

Maybe a reaction "heat the forge" and you get 1-3 fuel from it, but the succubi becomes dizzy/tired from casting it. Add as the top reaction to each fuel using workshop. Done.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 06:39:24 am »

[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:FEATURELUA_MAGMAWORKSHOPS] => enables magma workshop

The dwarves have it, but I dont think I gave it to the Warlocks. I would have to check.

And I do have the Armory and Weaponry in dwarf mode, which do exactly what you described. But I want to scrap them and use Roses system instead, because its way better.

Maybe a reaction "heat the forge" and you get 1-3 fuel from it, but the succubi becomes dizzy/tired from casting it. Add as the top reaction to each fuel using workshop. Done.

There is only one rock produced by the wells so I guess I'll add that to the magma reactions.

'Heating the forge' is a good idea, but I'd make the succubus drowsy so she would go to sleep and require a second one to work at the forge. Plus I'll try to have such fuel wither after a few weeks to prevent stocking up. Magma should stay the best solution.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 07:12:50 pm »

Suggestions: Lace gloves, fingerless gloves. Knee-high boots. Highheels. Other clothing that might be considered erotic.

Narcisissm. Some negative effect from Succubi liking themselves too much, like standing paralyzed in front of a mirror. Maybe make them more likely to form grudges (all girl forts can have those ^^) and change their personality traits to fit. Maybe more tantrums?

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 12:36:46 am »

What if scarring caused a constant (but minor) negative thought?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 07:36:34 am »

Boltgun: You dont seem to have any instruments permitted in the entity file, yet ask for a DRUM when provoking a siege. While it does exist in the raws, no other civ has access to ITEM_INSTRUMENT_DRUM, but the dwarves have ITEM_INSTRUMENT_DWARF1, which is called 'drum' ingame. I did delete the reagent for now, leaving only a sword to provoke a siege.

Sounds confusing at first, but I added instrument_race_# at some point, adding three instruments to dwarves, humans, elves and drow. Smake added the same for orcs. Warlocks do have 3 "instruments of torture", and Gnomes have no instruments at all.

Maybe add three instruments to your succubi, to fit the theme. :) I could see them using these for example:
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_INSTRUMENT:ITEM_INSTRUMENT_OCARINA]
[NAME:ocarina:ocarinas]
[HARD_MAT]

[ITEM_INSTRUMENT:ITEM_INSTRUMENT_OBOE]
[NAME:oboe:oboes]
[HARD_MAT]

[ITEM_INSTRUMENT:ITEM_INSTRUMENT_HARP]
[NAME:harp:harps]
[HARD_MAT]

I added them for now in my dev version. I will replace them with yours, if you want to create something more fitting. :)

EDIT: Here the list of whats already used by other civs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Suggestion: chastity belt/girdle of chastity clothing item that uses itemsyndrome to add "STERILE" as long as you wear it. :D Could even be made of metal and an armor, so you can assign it to specific people through uniform templates. :D Obviously not the most serious suggestiong ^^
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:15:14 am by Meph »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 02:57:36 pm »

I picked 3 instruments (oboe, violin, trombone), I originally added enough of those to make an orchestra then disabled it to align with the other races (at the time) and kinda forgot that I am using instruments and crafts in reactions. I'll rename those if needed for the succubi.

Yes for more tantrums, the idea is that they are easier to handle then dwarves until a married couple dies. Then you will have an husband with his 8 daughters tearing down your dungeon. You will have to be selective in your protection at times. That's why I will not add any sterile or birth control system for now (sorry). One of the side project is to 'loose' the marriage system. The game support only one marriage and one lover but there is an entry for both...

More clothing will be added. I'm not sure if heels goes with hooves, but in any case I handle that with care, incubi wear the same clothes as succubi and changing that will require too much scripting.

Wound and scarring generating thoughts, possible with enough scripting work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43