Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 187531 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 4 - BBQ!
« Reply #840 on: July 04, 2014, 12:44:46 pm »

Alright, I guess we have it all planned out.  Lynch Hapah today, I inspect Ottofar and Toaster tracks Persus.  If either of us dies and the other turns up a negative, we know who the converter is.

Everyone move your votes over to Hapah and then wait, I guess.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 04, 2014, 12:45:01 pm »

What do you mean claiming would just be a distraction? Are you a third party? Would you fake claim? We're telling you to claim to save your life.
Oh no, nothing like that, I just have a pretty good idea of how it'd end up. And I sincerely hope you don't believe the bolded part, nobody's trying to save my life.
I didn't say that for the reasons of saving your life that we're telling you to claim: I said that we're telling you to claim, because if you don't, you're going to die. You'd be saving your life if you claim. Are you saying that you aren't trying to save your life?
Are you saying that no matter what you claim, we're going to lynch you anyways?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 04, 2014, 01:02:24 pm »

What do you mean claiming would just be a distraction? Are you a third party? Would you fake claim? We're telling you to claim to save your life.
Oh no, nothing like that, I just have a pretty good idea of how it'd end up. And I sincerely hope you don't believe the bolded part, nobody's trying to save my life.
I didn't say that for the reasons of saving your life that we're telling you to claim: I said that we're telling you to claim, because if you don't, you're going to die. You'd be saving your life if you claim. Are you saying that you aren't trying to save your life?
Are you saying that no matter what you claim, we're going to lynch you anyways?
I'm saying that I'm between a rock and a hard place: if I don't claim looks like I'm gonna die, and if I do claim what I am I have my doubts that anyone would believe it, which also likely leaves me with a bad case of being dead.

How about this, then. I would not ask NQT to claim (since if you choose to believe 4mask [not saying you shouldn't, make up your own mind there], there's no reason to rush his claim), but I will claim AFTER Persus claims (would ask Ottofar to as well, but he's not around). I will also tell you that my role is not listed in the role list in this thread, to hem myself in a bit so that I can't take advantage.

Alright, I guess we have it all planned out.  Lynch Hapah today, I inspect Ottofar and Toaster tracks Persus.  If either of us dies and the other turns up a negative, we know who the converter is.

Everyone move your votes over to Hapah and then wait, I guess.
Ease up off the trigger there, boss. We've got all weekend, and I'm not done yet!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 04, 2014, 01:11:37 pm »

Yeah, now I'm all ears to hear Hapah claim.

Hapah:
NQT:
I slept on it and I realised that Wolf fake-claiming Seer would be really dumb as it's highly susceptible to being counterclaimed.
How do you figure?  Given that there are almost certainly no third parties left (and Seer just sees good/bad anyway) it'd be easy to fabricate claims.
On reflection, if the Seer is the convert it's a rather safe play to claim some results. What are the odds that there would be two?

How would you (or more specifically, I) even go about trying to refute the Seer's results, though? I've got no angle to try to contest; so I've gotta accept his results since I can do nothing to contest them. NQT summed it up in his latest post rather well.

Probably low odds.

There isn't any way except to see roleflips or the claim of another seer/oracle.   And anyway, the scum team knows who is and isn't on their team, so seer results should be easy to fake.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 04, 2014, 01:12:22 pm »

I can agree to that.
Persus claim so that we can get Hapah to claim.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 04, 2014, 01:17:47 pm »

Your role isn't on the role list, eh Hapah? Claims will be good.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 04, 2014, 01:45:29 pm »

Hapah who do you think is the dark magus?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 04, 2014, 02:36:08 pm »

Has to be one of Ottofar or Persus, if the Seer is to be believed. If it's not one of them we're well and truly screwed anyway.

Ottofar hasn't posted enough for me to have any ammo to use against him, but I'd like to see Persus's claim. Have to run atm though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 04, 2014, 02:50:42 pm »

If you were the Dark Magus, how would you plan on getting out of this situation?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 04, 2014, 04:42:06 pm »

Yeah, now I'm all ears to hear Hapah claim.
Your role isn't on the role list, eh Hapah? Claims will be good.
Don't get too excited, it's nothing crazy. But I want Persus to claim first.

If you were the Dark Magus, how would you plan on getting out of this situation?
Well, I've given it a little though. If I was the Magus and we accept that he has a convert, then one of Ottofar/Persus/flabort would likely be my minion: can't be anyone investigated by 4mask if he's not my minion, and if he was I would've made him include me in the "good guy" list. Toaster couldn't be it because I would have made him claim seeing someone visit Jim after 4mask's claim got me into this spot to give me an easy out.

I'd need to claim something that leaves their house (since there's good odds that the claimed Thief would watch me tonight or see me visiting, and I assume Magus has to leave his home to convert/kill). It'd either need to be a "red herring" kind of role (like a Werewolf Hunter with no Werewolves, think I saw that mentioned once) since I wouldn't have anything to report, or claim my minion's role and all their information. If the Magus team is only 2 then I'd probably be screwed no matter what, if Magus team is 3 I might be able to cause enough confusion to hang on. Maybe bus my minion as a last resort, but when a night passed without a kill it'd be easy to put the pieces together and I'd be living on borrowed time. And I'd probably end up eating a track/inspect anyway.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 04, 2014, 04:44:51 pm »

And wait, it couldn't be flabort, because not-minion Toaster watched him N1

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 04, 2014, 08:04:20 pm »

Has to be one of Ottofar or Persus, if the Seer is to be believed. If it's not one of them we're well and truly screwed anyway.

Ottofar hasn't posted enough for me to have any ammo to use against him, but I'd like to see Persus's claim. Have to run atm though.
Then why aren't you voting either one of them?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 06, 2014, 11:31:18 am »

Then why aren't you voting either one of them?
True enough! Persus, because Otto isn't around to defend himself.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 07, 2014, 04:47:10 am »

Seriously, it's been days now and we've still been waiting for Persus. Ottofar has disappeared off the face of the planet.

Hapah, there's another 24 hours to go, but it looks like your buddy isn't turning up. Are you going to claim before being lynched?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 07, 2014, 09:57:55 am »

PFW
Seriously, it's been days now and we've still been waiting for Persus. Ottofar has disappeared off the face of the planet.

Hapah, there's another 24 hours to go, but it looks like your buddy isn't turning up. Are you going to claim before being lynched?
No idea about Otto, but it's been a holiday and a weekend. I bet Persus will show up.

My buddy?

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 80