Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 187855 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 4 - 1 Replacement Needed
« Reply #885 on: July 09, 2014, 05:18:19 am »

Hapah, ask Meph to give you a bit more details about your background from your PM. I think he'll do it.

Did we get flavour from Persus?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 09, 2014, 09:59:42 am »

I'll do it if no one else is available.
Thanks, Flandre! I'll PM you the Role info an Night Action stuff.

I'm also going to do an automatic Extension of the day to ~4pm Pacific Thursday to give Flandre time to get caught up.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 09, 2014, 10:14:34 am »

Woot!

Flandre, you'll obviously want to read the thread but here's the quick summary: we've lynched two serial killers and a townsperson (ZU, who Toony brought back from the dead). Two townsfolk have been night killed, including the doctor. There was no kill on N1 and I suspect a one-shot conversion is to blame.

Wolf has claimed a benign inspect on Toaster (n1), Toony (n2), and NQT (n3). We know ZU wasn't in the original scum team and he wasn't converted either (all kills bear the mark of the same fire-magic themed scum team). Flabort has been coming up with solid seer info that's corroborated by other elements (but this doesn't clear him alignment-wise). Persus claims Fortune Teller and has called Toaster, ZU and I watchers, (Toaster claimed Thief)— this hasn't been contested. Hapah says he's a regular townsperson. If we believe Wolf, by process of elimination you're probably scum so we want you to claim.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 4 - BBQ!
« Reply #888 on: July 09, 2014, 11:09:04 am »

4maskwolf:
[Oh, and Persus13.
So your first post of the game has you voting another player without any explanation or evidence whatsoever? Not a great start.

If we mislynch today, it is LYLO tomorrow, so we can afford to lynch them all one by one and see which one isn't scum.
And you know it's Lylo tomorrow how?

I believe that Persus13 should be the first player to go because, other than Ottofar the lurker, he reads the most scummy to me.  As such, he should be the one we off first.
And I read the most scummy to you how? You realize that you are a replacement and that you don't have a bunch of previous posts to justify your vote like almost everyone does, right? Take ZU's vote. ZU has been consistently voting me since D1, and he has multiple different posts to justify his vote of me. Justify your votes.

Gentleman and ladies, I have come to a disturbing conclusion.

We may be facing a mentor type role.

Why do I believe this?

There was no kill night one, leading to the conclusion of at least a pseudo-cult. I was also trying to determine how a one-man scumteam could be effective, and that would likely be the best one-man team that wasn't a full cult.

If I'm right, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that we would only need one lynch to end the game. The bad news is that lynching the apprentice or whatever would nullify all of my action results.

As such, I change my vote to Hapah, because I get a cult-leaderesque vibe from him.
The Mentor type role could be a possibility, but like flabort said, it wouldn't negate your inspection results very much. Also, how does Hapah give you a cult leader vibe?

oppose extension, at least for now.  We've got more than 24 hours to go and most people seem to be of similar mindset right now.
Why are you so eager to end the day. Especially when several people have barely posted and both myself and Hapah had barely claimed?

Flabort:
Persus13 As one of the people who doesn't have a claim or is not protected by 4mask's claim, you are apparently one of the suspects. If you had a kill right now, who would you kill next? If you had a protect, who would you protect next? What are your current reads?
I don't know who to kill since I'm not sure who to believe at the moment. I want to believe 4mask, but I some of what he's said and some of his actions are concerning me. Probably 4maskwolf right now. I would likely protect NQT, because he is one of the most towny players right now.

Current reads:
Toaster: If scum have a convert, it was probably used on him. Nothing odd otherwise.
NQT: Pretty sure he is town.
4maskwolf: Said some really odd stuff today, and has claimed seer, which I want to believe but also feels too easy to do.
flabort: Likely town at the moment.
ZU: Likely town or demon, unless Toony is scum.
Toonyman: Seems fairly neutral. Town if 4maskwolf is to be believed.
Ottofar/Flandre: Need to reread his posts.
Hapah: Acting scummy, still has pushed only one case, and hasn't really attacked me despite his vote.

Toonyman:
Persus13 does seem like a good lynch since he's been around to answer questions, what say you?
I have? I wasn't aware of that.

NQT:
Persus, the votes on you rest on a process of elimination thing, given that people are deciding to believe Wolf's inspection claim. If you're claiming not to be scum then essentially you've got to say why you think Wolf is lying or you've got to argue that the scum team is smaller than three people. The burden is on you. You're up for the chop here, so you should claim.
When people place votes, they should state why. It helps other people analyze their case, and decide whether or not they agree with it. A case also can help people determine their opinion of the case maker. Wolf's inspection claim doesn't change this fact. It just means that people are being incredibly lazy.

Zombie Urist:
Please include the flavor text for all your results.
Sure. I have ritual each night. After muttering incantations and prayers to the gods, I drink a potion to put me in a trance and concentrate on the person I inspected that night. In the trance I draw a symbol on the wall. Each time it has been an eye, signifying that my target was a Watcher.

Persus: what possible results can you get?
You mean in Fortune Teller results? I can get Watcher, Protecter, Changer, Survivor or Killer.

Flabort:
As a powerless townsperson, without even signifigant flavor text, your claim seems pretty unlikely from what I know.

It seems more likely that you would be the Dark Magus, or their assistant. I wouldn't even be surprised if you started as their assistant, and your power is just that they can't die until you do, because you could honestly claim that you can't do anything.

As far as other questions, I'll let you know if I think of any.
Lynching someone based on hypotheticals is not a good idea. Townsperson is a role that has appeared in previous games. The question is whether or not you believe Hapah to be scum based on his performance in the game so far. Do you believe him to be scum because of that?

Flandre:
Welcome to the game?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 09, 2014, 11:12:02 am »

PFW

Hapah, ask Meph to give you a bit more details about your background from your PM. I think he'll do it.
You are correct! Paraphrasing it: I am a cooper, and have been for years. I am devout and attend services in this temple when I can, but not as often as I feel I should. I am humbled by the fact that the gods picked me for the trials that face the town today.

Did we get flavour from Persus?
Maybe in the new stuff no time to read now.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 09, 2014, 11:16:24 am »

Hey everyone, it's been a while o/

I've skimmed through the game to get a feel for what's going on, but it's a lot to take in. I'll do my best to get up to speed and make up for Ottofar's disappearance.

If we believe Wolf, by process of elimination you're probably scum so we want you to claim.

The summary is appreciated ^^
I knew I was going to have to claim if I was going to be of any real help. Anyway, I do actually have a bit of useful information and would love to.

I am a Dreamwalker, one who jumps between the minds of others as I sleep (wow, creepy). Every night, one random, unnamed person is chosen as a host for my nightly visions, and I see everything that they do if it is specified (i.e. I see their night PM's).

On Night 1, I saw 4nightwolf's night action. He was in an alcove with incensed braziers, requesting from the gods a feeling at Toaster's alignment, which turned out benign. His claim was truthful and I confirm that he is town.

Night 2 was uneventful.

Night 3 is a bit more interesting. I witnessed Jim's grisly death through his own eyes. He never saw his assailant, but it was a familiar voice that responded and laughed at Jim's exclamation to the room before sending fire forth from his hands and burning Jim to a crisp.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 09, 2014, 11:28:34 am »

As an afterthought, I think it's best to mention that I only know 4maskwolf's PM belonged to him because he claimed as much, and that it was Jim's death I witnessed because his killer addressed him by name.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 09, 2014, 11:46:45 am »

Hmmm... speaking of replacement, if I put in for it right now, then maybe I'll get one by Night Fall.
Because I'm leaving for camping on Friday. And won't be back for a week after that, so...
Yeah.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 09, 2014, 11:55:05 am »

Flandre is telling the truth.  She hit my flavor square on the head.  I just went back to double check, and I did in fact sit in an alcove under the exact conditions she stated.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 09, 2014, 01:26:40 pm »

Wait Flandre you saw 4masks inspect results?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 09, 2014, 01:27:57 pm »

Hmmm... speaking of replacement, if I put in for it right now, then maybe I'll get one by Night Fall.
Because I'm leaving for camping on Friday. And won't be back for a week after that, so...
Yeah.

Have fun on your trip!

We need a replacement for flabort, now. Anyone else available to replace in?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 09, 2014, 01:38:18 pm »

NQT: Claim.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 09, 2014, 01:51:29 pm »

On Night 1, I saw 4nightwolf's night action. He was in an alcove with incensed braziers, requesting from the gods a feeling at Toaster's alignment, which turned out benign. His claim was truthful and I confirm that he is town.
This doesn't confirm he's town.

Actually reading on previous games this isn't unusual.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 09, 2014, 02:02:09 pm »

This doesn't confirm he's town.
Based on what I understand, 4maskwolf's truthful claim in favour of the town gives credence to him and his inspect results. Maybe it isn't 100%, you're right. But I see no reason why he'd list out three benign inspects (one proven to be truthful) with an intent to mislead, as scum.

Anyway...under the assumption that we believe 4maskwolf, and there has been no conversions or anything since the inspects, that leaves four confirmed townies:

-4maskwolf (town)
-Toaster (benign)
-Toonyman (benign)
-NQT (benign)

Given Toonyman's benign inspect and possession of a healing role, I'm inclined to believe that ZU's revival had no strings attached either, so she is also town.

-Zombie Urist (role-flipped and revived by benign Toony)

Unless I'm mistaken with the above, this leaves us with three possible targets for the Head Bad Guy™:

-Persus
-flabort
-Hapah

Hapah would be the only one out of the three without an invested role-claim. I'm inclined to believe that process of elimination and inspection should work in exposing which one of us is the Big Bad, just as 4maskwolf suggests. Should we get robbed of our investigative roles (such as in a NK), I am perfectly okay with dying if it ever comes to that.

Yes, I saw his first night action.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 09, 2014, 02:03:15 pm »

[Duplicate Post - Removed]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:09:50 pm by Mephansteras »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 80