Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499810 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Snorting Magic Swords
« Reply #2175 on: July 10, 2014, 10:42:21 pm »

Icarus is a girl?

And Maria exists? I've never really seen her do anything since I joined(much to Kaota's bored expense).

Mallory x Lyle was a yaoi ship I had, and if you want to count it Sam x Axel could technically be a yaoi ship.

but DON'T YOU MAKE ME START SHIPPING SAM AND SPENSIR MAN
Spensir's straight anyway. Besides, if anything, it would just be MabariusxSpensir.

But I need to make a gay character, the only question is how, and what his powers will be.

Other than looking fabulous, of course.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: July 10, 2014, 10:53:35 pm »

How about sacrifical magic? Sacrifice one object, destroying it, to temporarily imbue something else with an exaggerated form of it's properties.
So they could sacrifice a suppressor to make a cannon emit no muzzleflash or sound for a turn or so.
Or sacrifice a capacitor to make an article of clothing temporarily leach electricity from an electrical attack.
Or sacrifice a "marital aid" to a sword to gain a temporary high frequency blade.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: July 10, 2014, 10:56:26 pm »

Hmmm...it fits with the warlock-esque type of magic I'd been thinking of having them use...while I wouldn't want that to be their only power, I do really like it...My thanks, Empiricist. That will work nicely.

Though it makes me wonder what happens if he sacrifices a dagger or a bullet or a sex toy or something.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: July 10, 2014, 10:59:17 pm »

Dagger -> Increases sharpness and stabbing power, for those cases where you want to impale someone on a pool noodle because a dagger has insufficient reach.
Bullet -> Allows the object to be fired out of a gun, regardless of whether or not it should logically fit or how aerodynamic it is.
[REDACTED] -> Depends on the mechanism.
:P

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: July 10, 2014, 11:00:00 pm »

XD
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: July 10, 2014, 11:02:21 pm »

Hmm, I think I'm going to have Brannagh carry around a pouch of wooden blank rune casts for carving rune on the fly if Brannagh doesn't have a medium to carve on.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: July 10, 2014, 11:10:43 pm »

Do runes have to be hand carved without assistance?
Is there a minimum rune size?
Is there a minimum wood thickness?
How close to the guideline rune does each rune have to be?
Can runes be prepared but not activated, as to be used later with less preparation time?
If a rune is moved, does it's field move with it?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: July 10, 2014, 11:29:34 pm »

Why do people use images instead of textual descriptions? Isn't it quicker to just write a line or two than to trawl the internet for a suitable image?

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: July 10, 2014, 11:33:40 pm »

Why do people use images instead of textual descriptions? Isn't it quicker to just write a line or two than to trawl the internet for a suitable image?
Quote from: Atnegam
Although he is thin, Sam has a rather imposing figure. His build is sinewy and he wears a dark tank top and an open black jacket with his hood up on his upper body. His lower body is a pair of jeans, a chain wallet, and boots. His arms are both covered in a tattoo sleeve (Left and Right) reaching from his shoulder down to his wrist (only visible completely with his jacket off). His brown hair is kept cut short, not quite being a skin head but not long enough to really flow in the breeze. His eyes seem sunken in yet are a piercing shade of green in color. He keeps a clean shaven face and his complexion is just a tad pale.
OH I'M SORRY, DO THOSE TATTOOS IMAGES JUST MAKE HIM NOT COUNT?

...Sorry for yelling...

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: July 10, 2014, 11:34:21 pm »

Do runes have to be hand carved without assistance?
Yes. Only the carver can activate them. Also, A person can learn the skill of carving them, but so far only Machkobeln can activate a rune carved by someone else.

Is there a minimum rune size?

Yes. The rune has to be at least as big as a half dollar coin or similar sized coin.

Is there a minimum wood thickness?
No. Thicker wood means more durable rune.

How close to the guideline rune does each rune have to be?

Within 125 feet. Brannagh could begin carving runes where she is currently watching the battle and subtly begin to mess with everyone. This won't happen due to not interferring with Akroma's plot.

Can runes be prepared but not activated, as to be used later with less preparation time?
Yes. Does Brannagh have any prepared? No.

If a rune is moved, does it's field move with it?
No. However, if the rune is damage during transport, the field will dissipate.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:35:52 pm by Sanure »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: July 10, 2014, 11:34:54 pm »

It is, but I always do that and I never feel like it actually gives people the image I have in my head. So I decided to try and find an image, since I figured it would easier this time.

I like trying new things.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: July 10, 2014, 11:39:33 pm »

Quote from: Atnegam
Although he is thin, Sam has a rather imposing figure. His build is sinewy and he wears a dark tank top and an open black jacket with his hood up on his upper body. His lower body is a pair of jeans, a chain wallet, and boots. His arms are both covered in a tattoo sleeve (Left and Right) reaching from his shoulder down to his wrist (only visible completely with his jacket off). His brown hair is kept cut short, not quite being a skin head but not long enough to really flow in the breeze. His eyes seem sunken in yet are a piercing shade of green in color. He keeps a clean shaven face and his complexion is just a tad pale.
OH I'M SORRY, DO THOSE TATTOOS IMAGES JUST MAKE HIM NOT COUNT?

...Sorry for yelling...
Emphasis on "instead of" :P

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: July 11, 2014, 03:41:01 am »

am I the only one who objects to the fact that there is a 1 in 20 chance that when Brannagh gets attacked, she summons a being with a stat total of 1000 that will then proceed to one-shot most opposition?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: July 11, 2014, 03:46:03 am »

He has a 1000 stat total? Meh, would be acceptable as long as he appears only for that counterattack and has most of his stats sunk into things not related to attack.

He could be near-omnipotent in terms of magic for all I care as long as he only tries to mundanely bitchslap people.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 685