Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499846 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Snorting Magic Swords
« Reply #2685 on: July 14, 2014, 05:22:07 am »

I suppose? do you have any proper electricity source that will not actually kill stella?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: July 14, 2014, 05:22:52 am »

I do have a dipshit in a robotdog, and Kyle. Jury rigging for the win!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: July 14, 2014, 05:36:14 am »

Dalia's ability seems better for noncombat use, since unlike anyone else's debuffs there's actual deniability in it and it may not be immediately noticed, allowing her to slowly build up bad luck on enemy equipment before combat and rigging the entire battlefield so that they end up with jammed guns, faulty munitions and spend their first turn tripping over various objects due to both bad luck and having drank water that a sewage pipe recently leaked into. Because right now, both Ashley and Sen outclass her in combat and come equipped with debuffing capabilities.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: July 14, 2014, 05:37:58 am »

idea for a combat use of dalias ability: cause enemies to be unlucky and thus get hit by a critical attack from a random ally, damage progression of the crit attack like normal spell attacks
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: July 14, 2014, 05:41:58 am »

I suppose? do you have any proper electricity source that will not actually kill stella?

heart is already stopped, not much more electricity can do other than overheat her, which is not an issue for her
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: July 14, 2014, 05:43:58 am »

I don't see why her bad luck is manifesting as debuffs instead of more spectacular things like dry lightning, drive-bys at the wrong address, sudden false-vacuum metastability event bubbles, sudden quantum teleportation of half of someone's total blood and the like.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: July 14, 2014, 05:44:42 am »

oh right, I forgot. a defibriliator does just that, it gets rid of fibrillations, that is, if the heart is beating way too fast and irregular. it does not actually restart a still heart

but eh, artistic lisence, realism was never much of our thing
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:47:12 am by Akroma »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: July 14, 2014, 05:52:48 am »

Since she has a fair amount of rounds left, I call bullshit on her heart being completely stopped. I also call bullshit on your reasoning, that's their main fucking purpose. Without a coordinated electrical signal, the bottom chambers of the heart (ventricles) stop beating and instead, jiggle like Jello (ventricular fibrillation). I'm assuming the heart is avian-like, due to dragons being both reptilian and airborne. If it's ventricular fibrillation, due to the pacemaker cells failing to produce electrical activity that causes the heart to beat, we use a defibrillator to jump-start the heart.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:54:49 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: July 14, 2014, 05:55:19 am »

btw, for organisations sake, which plots are up next, as I will probably take a break for a while before going into the next plots (I have two plots there, will go with whatever you guys vote for). I believe we have Kaiser and the Murdernight plot, then there is of course Projeck who has been waiting ages to get his plot running (which will officialy start with the finishing cutscene of this plot), then there is the many plots PN had in mind...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: July 14, 2014, 05:56:46 am »

I also call bullshit on your reasoning, that's their main fucking purpose. Without a coordinated electrical signal, the bottom chambers of the heart (ventricles) stop beating and instead, jiggle like Jello (ventricular fibrillation). I'm assuming the heart is avian-like, due to dragons being both reptilian and airborne. If it's ventricular fibrillation, due to the pacemaker cells failing to produce electrical activity that causes the heart to beat, we use a defibrillator to jump-start the heart.
I call bullshit on your calling of bullshit :P

But yes, if you want to preserve realism, having her heart stop cannot be allowed.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: July 14, 2014, 05:59:36 am »

Yeah, otherwise she's already dead, which in that case, fuck you Akroma.  :P

Also yay, my plot got moved to the front. I'm going to leave a good bit of RP time in between though, Kaiser's gotta settle his shit and the dragonknight needs to look like an idiot.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:20:11 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: July 14, 2014, 06:03:09 am »

Yes, as CPR cannot actually restart a heart, it buys the person's body time to restart it or for other measures to be taken.

The raison d'être for negative health states is to give a chance for revival by allies except it isn't possible if the heart is stopped except by magic, magic which only a few, if any PCs have access to.

I understand that artistic license is allowed in such cases, but it would probably preserve realism a bit better if Stella's condition wasn't as horrifically lethal as a complete flatline.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: July 14, 2014, 07:17:29 am »

Spoiler: Anansi, God of Stories (click to show/hide)
One of Anima's summons. smurf, is it ok?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:10:07 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: July 14, 2014, 07:20:40 am »

The AoE's range is too large, buffing/debuffing all of your allies/enemies is way too overpowered.

Also, if that's the 'cavalry', we could really use a medic instead.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: July 14, 2014, 07:21:46 am »

Changing that to two or three selected targets.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 685