Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499761 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Snorting Magic Swords
« Reply #2850 on: July 15, 2014, 02:28:35 pm »

Mabarius is stuck as a weapon, so I personally don't care about him. CORE can be whatever as long as his powers aren't complete hax without a reasonable drawback.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: July 15, 2014, 02:31:36 pm »

ICARUS and her homies jumped a god and killed him last version. This was possible because the god was afflicted with various weakening measures.

Mabarius and CORE are basically weakened even more and indefinitely so.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: July 15, 2014, 02:32:55 pm »

man, I hope PvP with Icarus vs spensir or kaiser happens some time. dat quadruple damage against gods.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: July 15, 2014, 02:34:33 pm »

Well, to sum up that whole argument:

*shrug*
    How do you co-ordinate your activities with the pilots of the other nanobots? Is there a commander nanobot? Are there middle manager nanobots? Who assigns nanobots to which part of the ruler?

How do you know where to start, ie- how do you decide where one end of the ruler is going to be, and where the other end is going to be?

How do you communicate with the other nanobots? Radio transmissions? How do you communicate clearly with tens of thousands of other nanobots simultaneously? How do you align your movements with theirs? How do you plan?

How much fuel do you carry? That little nanobot vehicle of yours doesn't run on the power of positive thinking, so how much work can it do on a full tank? Where and how do you refuel? How long does it take you to refuel?

What is your propulsion system? You're not getting a free ride in someone's bloodstream like the sort of nanobot which looks for cancerous cells (a more sensible application of nanotechnology), so how do you maneuver about on the manufacturing table in order to help assemble this ruler? How do you jet up into the air to get on top of it if you need to? How much power do you have to combat gravity and air currents?

How do you deal with lost nanobots? In a normal manufacturing environment, air currents, static discharge, and other environmental disturbances could easily blow a nanobot out of the group or seriously damage it. Does the plan adjust automatically for worker turnover? Or must this ruler be manufactured in a vacuum-sealed clean-room environment? This is rapidly shaping up to be a ridiculously expensive ruler!

How much payload can you carry? If you're grabbing molecules or tiny particles and attaching them to this ruler, where do you get them from? How many can you carry per trip? How much energy does it take to weld each chunk of metal to the ruler? Do you realize that if you use larger particles per trip, the resulting ruler will have greater porosity? What are you going to do, weld molten metal into the gaps? Consider the energy costs of doing that!

How do you assure dimensional accuracy of the overall ruler? The nanobot working on the other end of the ruler is (as far as you're concerned) more than 30 kilometres away, remember? How do you know he's not higher than you are? Do you set up a laser-based perimeter system in order to confine your activities within simple geometric bounds? If so, how do you make more complex shapes than a flat ruler? Do you use tooling in order to confine your activities? If so, what conceivable advantage does this process have over simple die-casting?

Sensor eye and magic, sensor eye and magic, sensor eye and magic, magic, magic, magic, they are the payload, sensor eye and magic.

CORE isn't really a god anymore, since his divinity was stripped from him when he was imprisoned. He isn't too happy about that.

Also, Kaiser would just assimilate Icarus  ;)
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: July 15, 2014, 02:36:06 pm »

Her armor plating is boron-nitrate fiber reinforced plastic. Enjoy your orichalcum blade to the sternum
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: July 15, 2014, 02:39:12 pm »

But CORE is no longer a god and Kaiser never was.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: July 15, 2014, 02:40:00 pm »

I'm starting to get sick of the constant 'Kaiser will assimilate you if you try to attack him' stuff. It makes it less fun to even think about fighting him.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: July 15, 2014, 02:40:44 pm »

meh, I am sure Kyle would just grab him and spank his ass easily

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: July 15, 2014, 02:41:48 pm »

I'm starting to get sick of the constant 'Kaiser will assimilate you if you try to attack him' stuff. It makes it less fun to even think about fighting him.
I throw Nidhoggr at Kaiser. As in, the giant ass dragon that lives under Yggdrasil.

.......good luck assimilating that.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: July 15, 2014, 02:46:17 pm »

And on that day, Kaiser would be screwed  :P

Kaiser's only really dangerous at close combat. Stay a good distance away from him and you'll screw him over.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: July 15, 2014, 02:51:38 pm »

That only applies to the people who have stuff assimilated which is just the two robotic characters and anyone too reliant on metallic armor. Assuming that he would even want to assimilate it. I would imagine it would be rather costly as well for that matter...

Generally, assimilating a katana powered by eldritch magic or an anti-creation handgun or a machinegun that used to be a muramasa blade is a rather bad idea.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:58:42 pm by Empiricist »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: July 15, 2014, 03:25:25 pm »

so, what kinda percentages should we employ for dalia? assume standard that someone has 10-15 in a stat

I'd say small -10% on one stat, rounded up, ammounting to a reasonably small debuff of -1/-2

then medium at -20% on one, or -10% on two stats, and so forth.

that way, it scales nicely with the enemies stats

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: July 15, 2014, 03:31:15 pm »

Looks fine with me, and it'll also mess up glass cannons too.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: July 15, 2014, 04:06:51 pm »

so, what kinda percentages should we employ for dalia? assume standard that someone has 10-15 in a stat

I'd say small -10% on one stat, rounded up, ammounting to a reasonably small debuff of -1/-2

then medium at -20% on one, or -10% on two stats, and so forth.

that way, it scales nicely with the enemies stats

That's... even worse than before actually. Quite a bit more actually. Right now a big magic debuff gives -6/-4x2/-2x3. For an equivalent debuff under your system, the enemy would need stats of... twenty. Just twenty in everything. And judging by people's stats, 20 is on the higher end of the power level. And more importantly she's still use a large chunk of mana to inflict a very minor debuff. Like, 10% of her mana for a 10%, one turn debuff. It's still pretty wimpy and underpowered.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: July 15, 2014, 04:10:08 pm »

problem is with the scaling, if we take 20%, that absolutely destroys anyone with just big. 60% debuff on speed? that guy eats absolutely every hit
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 685