Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499852 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: My Shame is Eternal
« Reply #3285 on: July 22, 2014, 11:44:52 am »

just the tag-group that is used to refer the specifics, don't go all tpp deep into discussing terms here
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: July 23, 2014, 04:56:46 am »

Which void being is associated with rot, disease, and bacteria? I have a character idea.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: July 23, 2014, 05:05:30 am »

For the love of sweet potato, no more void characters. They cause enough chaos as is. Try basing it off a mythological critter/God.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: July 23, 2014, 05:08:41 am »

Heh, This one is more just an immortal disease that infects a non-magical human, consumes their body while making modifications, then inevitably dying causing it to need a new body.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: July 23, 2014, 05:11:27 am »

Also, It only infects a single person in 7-8 years. So in 100 years it may consume like 12-14 humans. this means that, if left to it's own devices, It would never kill off the human race.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: July 23, 2014, 05:22:41 am »

That seems like more like an antagonistic character, but hey, create whatever characters you wish. Plenty of ways to lore up that character without falling back to the void.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: July 23, 2014, 05:37:47 am »

True. Hmm, How should I stat it?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: July 23, 2014, 05:40:29 am »

Well, in the sake of fair play, I say you take a stat-40 human (that's the average human, folks), and stuff on the extra 60 where it would make sense for a creepy ass disease's modifications.

Also, try and infest even one PC with it and I'll introduce vaccinations  :P.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: July 23, 2014, 05:46:21 am »

It can only infect Non-magical humans, as stated, so Pc's are immune already.

Hmm, So far I'm thinking

HP-17 (Creates modifications based on infection percent)
MP-5 (Non-magical means it can't modify this)
STR*-17 (Creates modifications based on infection percent)
SPD*-17 (Creates modifications based on infection percent)
SKL*-17 (Creates modifications based on infection percent)
MAG-5 (Non-magical means it can't modify this)
RES-5 (Non-magical means it can't modify this)
DEF*-17 (Creates modifications based on infection percent)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: July 23, 2014, 05:47:34 am »

(Creates modifications based on infection percent)

Explain this to me.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:51:36 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: July 23, 2014, 06:00:36 am »

Ok, so as i said, the sentient disease infects only 1 person every 8 years. It slowly consumes the host while modifying them to be the perfect body.

At 5%, the disease modifies the internal blood system of the host so that it no longer needs blood to survive.

At 10%, it restructures the organ layout to be more efficient, cutting down waste and increasing nutrients gained from food.

At 15%, it restructures the nervous system to allow a higher pain tolerance.

This is where the disease begins to take control of the host.

At 20%, the disease begins to modify the retinal and brain stem to allow quicker reactions.

At 25%, the disease begins to modify limbs to be better suited at combat and evasion.

At 30%, the disease reconstructs skin tissue to be harder and more chitinous.

At this point the host is effectivly dead, giving the disease a body to walk around in.

At 40%, the disease modifies the arms and legs to be more insect like, adding blades, talons, spikes, and claws for combat use.

At 60%, the disease modifies the bone structure to allow greater strength and harder attacks.

At 80%, the disease removes the need for organs and replaces the empty space with a chemical vat for creating a mutagenic healing agent to keep it alive longer. The body no longer requires food to maintain itself.

At 90%, the Disease reaches maturity and is at it's peak form. It becomes a deadly hunter and begins seeking a new host.

At 100% infection, the disease leaves its host and transplants itself into a new host. The old host has become a chitinous skeleton and is no longer alive or functioning.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:02:41 am by Sanure »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: July 23, 2014, 06:08:10 am »

Ok, so as i said, the sentient disease infects only 1 person every 8 years. It slowly consumes the host while modifying them to be the perfect body.

At 5%, the disease modifies the internal blood system of the host so that it no longer needs blood to survive.

At 10%, it restructures the organ layout to be more efficient, cutting down waste and increasing nutrients gained from food.

At 15%, it restructures the nervous system to allow a higher pain tolerance.

This is where the disease begins to take control of the host.

At 20%, the disease begins to modify the retinal and brain stem to allow quicker reactions.

At 25%, the disease begins to modify limbs to be better suited at combat and evasion.

At 30%, the disease reconstructs skin tissue to be harder and more chitinous.

At this point the host is effectivly dead, giving the disease a body to walk around in.

At 40%, the disease modifies the arms and legs to be more insect like, adding blades, talons, spikes, and claws for combat use.

At 60%, the disease modifies the bone structure to allow greater strength and harder attacks.

At 80%, the disease removes the need for organs and replaces the empty space with a chemical vat for creating a mutagenic healing to keep it alive longer. The body no longer requires food to maintain itself.

At 90%, the Disease reaches maturity and is at it's peak form. It becomes a deadly hunter and begins seeking a new host.

At 100% infection, the disease leaves its host and transplants itself into a new host. The old host has become a chitinous skeleton and is no longer alive or functioning.

Looks nice, but how does that work mechanicswise?

Also, since Emp isn't here, I better steal his job :P

How the hell does it keep the body working without blood? Same goes for the lack of food requirement.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: July 23, 2014, 06:09:15 am »

Also, prepare for the process to immediately get irrecovably altered for no reason.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: July 23, 2014, 06:11:46 am »

Also, prepare for the process to immediately get irrecovably altered for no reason.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: July 23, 2014, 06:13:11 am »

Mechanic Wise:

It basically acts with a dice roll each plot or subplot, lets say a 1d20 with 15 and up being an increase in infection rate. This then lets me choose an appropriate upgrade to apply to the host.

As to how it allows the body to live without blood and food, It's a an evolutionary trait.

The disease modifies the body to be able to absorb oxygen through the skin akin to jellyfish and sponges.

The disease then modifies the stomach and intestinal tracks to begin to metabolize nutrients from the body into a substance that only the disease can use and absorb. When the host no longer needs food, the disease is getting ready to migrate to a new host.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 685