Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499773 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5280 on: August 15, 2014, 02:47:32 pm »

I'm actually fairly irritated you decided to drag my name into this. One, I don't view everything as a shipping den. Two, assuming I do is going to irritate me. Three? I forget, but please don't assume I view everything as a shipping den as it is very distressing. just kidding, I'm not really mad about that but seriously don't assume that as it really does hurt my feelings.

Besides, half my fanfic isn't even shipping. >_>

Okay, joke time over, now to get serious.

Akroma, with all due respect, stop arguing with everyone. I'm not saying Sanure is correct or going to justify his actions. I'm not going to call you heartless or some random bullshit like that. I'm going to state what I know and have noticed for a long time.

You've been involved in almost all of the arguments in RotMG since you joined. Your arguments with GWG and Kj took up about half the old OOC thread and your arguments with everyone now is taking up a massive fraction of THIS thread. You, and you alone, chased off Sanure, and whether or not you were justified in getting angry at his counter-argument doesn't matter, as sole responsibility falls upon you.

Not only that, but you also constantly nitpick and argue about the rules, sometimes, arguably most of the time, to the detriment of the gameplay.

I'm on RG's side for this; story>rules. If imbalance is needed to tell a good story, then so fucking be it. I don't watch anime like Gurren Lagann and Code Geass because I think the enemy might win; I watch them because I want to know how the heroes win. Same case with games like Pokemon and Persona; I don't play with the assumption that the opponent or the villain might win. I play to beat the bad guys and see the story through. Why the hell should RoTMG be different? It comes with the assumption the players will win because otherwise there is no fucking point to play this game.

Also, the fact is that you are incredibly argumentative, as mentioned before. I notice this, again and again and again, even in other games, i.e Bay 12 Pokemon League- and pick fights about the stupidest things; the riddle in v2, the rules in v3. Whether or not you are justified in doing so, I will not say, but my feelings should be pretty damn clear. The fact is, you fucking decided to push a guy who is grieving, who already has a history of leaving the game when he has problems, into leaving the game out of anger at you and you specifically, because, as RG said, you couldn't let an argument lie. No, you had to argue with him for no fucking reason except for what you thought was correct. If you wanted it so badly, you get it; Sen's attack is no longer an issue because there is no Sanure anymore to play her or use the attack.

If that was TL;DR for you: stop making or picking fights with everyone and quit nitpicking about the rules. We are sick of it and it is more than irritating, it is distressing and unfair.

There, that was an entire year of resentment and frustration towards Akroma dealt with, and yes, I could have done worse. Don't expect me to post back on RotMG until I'm finished cooling off.

Till then, this is Elf, signing out temporarily.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:50:53 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: August 15, 2014, 02:51:46 pm »

while it is inappropriate to say so, I find it ironic to some degree that elfs post happened 10 seconds after I edited my last post

also fine. have a passivekroma. But as a final point, that I need I feel to make, I am frustrated too. At the end of v2, people (no, not only me), with majority agreed that the game needed to become more balanced. So I sat down and spend weeks on the rules, to at least somehow unify the ongoing chaos of a dozen people running about 50 characters and all of them working differently somehow. Not a word of appreciation, the rules just get taken wordlessly, and when I somehow try and keep them in effect, to avoid that we return to every character working differently, everybody loses their mind. There is no story to be told in Sen one-shotting every boss. The simple fact that she is able to do so gives us the "why didn't gandalf ride the eagles to mordor" question. And unlike Gandalf, there is simply no reason at all why Sen shouldn't just ride the eagles to mordor. Sure, it's just a game. If it's just a game, what's so bad about playing it by the rules?

but fine, have it your way.

I hereby declare all the rules open to an overhaul. You nguys go right ahead and go and have all your little extras and gimmicks and then spend every turn explaining just how something you are doing is meant to work, and then the time after the turn reminding the GM of all the stuff he missed because of this and that and here and there.

I also hereby declare all my previous lore moot. If you insist on continuity, Amazeroth was a singular entity, the entire other stuff is just Alucard reading books with overimaginative authors. You guys only give me shit for my plot anyway, so yeah, I'll not going to GM when it's only ending in complaints - what's the point? I was merely trying to let you guys have some fun, fuck me, right? 120+ pages full of notes for nothing. I would appreciate it if you at least respect my request to not bastardize or zombify anything of the stuff I added.

I'll from now on only post in the in-character thread, in-character. If anyone actually wants any answers from me, PM me or something.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:47:36 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: August 15, 2014, 03:06:09 pm »

* Projeck sighs
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: August 15, 2014, 03:11:05 pm »

I'm actually fairly irritated you decided to drag my name into this. One, I don't view everything as a shipping den. Two, assuming I do is going to irritate me. Three? I forget, but please don't assume I view everything as a shipping den as it is very distressing. just kidding, I'm not really mad about that but seriously don't assume that as it really does hurt my feelings.

Sorry. Bad joke. :-[

Though, no offense meant, some of the stuff you do really creeps me out sometimes, even when I know you're joking. The *drool* over the 'extremely ecchi', for example. I know you're doing it for exactly that reason, but... :-\
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: August 15, 2014, 03:21:26 pm »

*sigh*

Yay, more overreacting and 'all or nothing' stuff, instead of compromise, or the real hearts of the issues, since neither party seems to understand what the other one cares about.

On a different note, ICARUS's statement about electrical attacks and Akroma's previous statements about how the orichalcum blade works makes me wonder who would win, in the end, between ICARUS and Spensir.

Also: No, elf, come back! I need to talk to you about True Gods! Ragnarok said so!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: August 15, 2014, 03:25:48 pm »

In hindsight, leaving was a bad move. After ranting in an empty room for half an hour to let out the rest of my frustration, I am back and calmed down. I am sorry if my comments hurt anyone, but that is what I truthfully see and observe, without the vulgarities or anything else.

My posting speed won't go up, RG; as I have said about a thousand times, I'm sharing these computers with twenty people, five or so who hog it for hours on end. Do you mind postponing the True Gods until after lunch on Sunday GMT, as I will have my computer and Internet back then?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: August 15, 2014, 04:00:16 pm »

I went to bed hoping for a turn, maybe some resolution, but got a big hissy fit, Akroma, I liked your plot, but you can be a bit confrontational, and Sen, if you are still reading this thread, please come back ...
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: August 15, 2014, 04:04:21 pm »

I'm patient enough that I barely noticed you weren't posting much. I'm fine with waiting, though we cold just do PM stuff anyway. It might not matter, and it certainly won't matter in any significant manner for a long-ass time.

If I had the money and knew how to do it, Elf, I would get you a laptop. Probably a crappy one, apologies for my miserliness/poor knowledge of computers in hypothetical scenarios, but nonetheless. I can't, however, because I'm broke. Yay being broke! It's like fasting, except you can't fail just due to lack of willpower. Quite the opposite, in fact. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: August 15, 2014, 04:48:38 pm »

Well happy fucking birthday to me, then.

One more argumentative post, and the thread gets locked.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: August 15, 2014, 04:51:12 pm »

Yeah. I'm sorry about that...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: August 15, 2014, 04:53:40 pm »

I think if we resart this there should be some rules.

First one being... NO CHARACTERS FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS. I don't care what happens to them but we need to cut ties from those.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: August 15, 2014, 04:54:38 pm »

But it kinda defeats the point of restarting if all of the old characters don't show up...

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: August 15, 2014, 04:57:42 pm »

Right, I'm off to write up the combat log.

USEC, how many turns does Dalia's debuff linger for?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: August 15, 2014, 04:58:12 pm »

Until the start of her next turn, I'm pretty sure.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: August 15, 2014, 05:01:11 pm »

The purpose is to make things not be shit again. And old characters have been causing problems for a while. If we need to get rid of peoples characters then so be it.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 685