Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499741 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5805 on: August 31, 2014, 04:51:53 pm »

Down for that
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: August 31, 2014, 04:55:32 pm »

Next step is to give everyone mechas that can combine.

* USEC fully supports this idea.
* Elf  supports this idea if it involves drills.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: August 31, 2014, 05:29:28 pm »

Kyle will get on the idea as soon as someone offer it.

Also, I need a description for the last seventy five posts or so.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: August 31, 2014, 06:36:28 pm »

Well we would have to do drills to learn how to pilot them after all Elf :P

*Sanure supports all forms of combining mecha involving drills that pierce the heavens!
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: August 31, 2014, 06:42:00 pm »

So, some warning in a nonthreatening way, I'm sending something new from IRIS to Smarf for approval.
It will only come up in between plots unless there would be a large amount of magic or sudden lack of magic that hasn't been previously registered.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: August 31, 2014, 06:42:58 pm »

Our drills shall be the drills that pierce the heavens!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: August 31, 2014, 11:23:09 pm »

Hate to say it Rolep, but the true number one rule of Roleplaying is don't tell other people how to roleplay. What may seem correct to one person is not always correct for another.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: August 31, 2014, 11:32:46 pm »

Hate to say it Rolep, but the true number one rule of Roleplaying is don't tell other people how to roleplay. What may seem correct to one person is not always correct for another.

Mmm. I disagree. I'm not saying you guys have to follow this; I'm saying that if you read it it will cut a great many of the arguments and whatnot short because people will understand what this is about.

Plus, most of the stuff in it is just common sense stuff and whatnot which most people should know, BUT my biggest things are the first and second rules. It's a story, not a contest. Sometimes it seems like we're forgetting that.

Anyway, working on my new character, finally, not sure how he would work if I had to do anything mechanical dice rolley with him.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: August 31, 2014, 11:35:02 pm »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: August 31, 2014, 11:40:50 pm »

Says the guy always telling everyone else how to roleplay and complaining about plots and...

Well, I think you get the point.

I was just trying to cut down on the number of ridiculously stupid arguments that start up about the inanest of things. (the fuck that's a word?)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: August 31, 2014, 11:43:15 pm »

I do not recall a time I told someone else how to play.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: August 31, 2014, 11:43:35 pm »

It's a story, not a contest. Sometimes it seems like we're forgetting that.
I personally prefer to think of this more in terms of game than a story. Not in terms of contest, but in terms of risk. That is, there has to be a reasonable chance for any of the characters to permanently and irreversibly die should the wrong tactical or strategic decision be made. Not as in new character-sheet, same old character, I mean that's the end of their story, as in they're dead, and will get off the damn stage.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: August 31, 2014, 11:45:44 pm »

I personally prefer to think of this more in terms of game than a story. Not in terms of contest, but in terms of risk. That is, there has to be a reasonable chance for any of the characters to permanently and irreversibly die should the wrong tactical or strategic decision be made. Not as in new character-sheet, same old character, I mean that's the end of their story, as in they're dead, and will get off the damn stage.
Perhaps, but...it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. How can you play a character who makes bad tactical decisions, in-character, and still be successful story-wise? It cuts off a lot of character possibilities, for little gain that I can see. There might be gain, but I'm just not able to see it as present.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: August 31, 2014, 11:48:55 pm »

Perhaps, but...it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. How can you play a character who makes bad tactical decisions, in-character, and still be successful story-wise? It cuts off a lot of character possibilities, for little gain that I can see. There might be gain, but I'm just not able to see it as present.
In my opinion, that is something to be achieved through roleplay, that is, by either learning from their earlier mistakes, getting dragged into line by allies or not making too great an error. After all, it is rather doubtful that a stubborn fool would survive long enough to even join the party if they make such mistakes and neither learn nor listen.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 685