Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Incursion (open source) play & development  (Read 80617 times)

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion (open source) play & development
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2014, 02:32:45 pm »

I think it's a bug in some spell one of the npcs is casting somewhere in the map, but since the game crashes when he does, I'm having difficulty to identify which npc and which spell. If normal play doesn't manage to zero on it by the week after the next, I'll try extensive monster by monster testing with the wizard mode since I'll have much more free time to do so.
I don't think it's worth your time.  Better would be to save regularly through normal gameplay, and when it happens see if it can be reproduced quickly with the last save.
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2014, 03:48:21 pm »

I think it's a bug in some spell one of the npcs is casting somewhere in the map, but since the game crashes when he does, I'm having difficulty to identify which npc and which spell. If normal play doesn't manage to zero on it by the week after the next, I'll try extensive monster by monster testing with the wizard mode since I'll have much more free time to do so.
I don't think it's worth your time.  Better would be to save regularly through normal gameplay, and when it happens see if it can be reproduced quickly with the last save.
Already do that. :P It does happen every so often, but it's never immediately reproducible, which is what led me to believe it's one of the npcs casting some spell, since it's far from guaranteed that they will do the same things and get the same rolls once you reload the last save.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2014, 02:34:52 pm »

Already do that. :P It does happen every so often, but it's never immediately reproducible, which is what led me to believe it's one of the npcs casting some spell, since it's far from guaranteed that they will do the same things and get the same rolls once you reload the last save.
I've just made a check-in which should identify what magic is being invoked and what creature.
Code: [Select]
      if ((e.isSpell || (e.isItem && e.EItem->isType(T_SCROLL))) && e.EMagic == NULL)
          Error("Crash imminent, id=%l, effect='%s', num=%d, actor='%s'", e.EActor->myHandle, NAME(e.eID), e.efNum, e.EActor->Name());
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2014, 12:18:02 pm »

I've just made a check-in which should identify what magic is being invoked and what creature.
Code: [Select]
      if ((e.isSpell || (e.isItem && e.EItem->isType(T_SCROLL))) && e.EMagic == NULL)
          Error("Crash imminent, id=%l, effect='%s', num=%d, actor='%s'", e.EActor->myHandle, NAME(e.eID), e.efNum, e.EActor->Name());
Sadly, I can't really say I would know how to use this code. On the other hand, on got a save in which, while not perfectly reproducible, getting into a fight with the dwarf barbarian to the north while in the line of sight (but not the line of fire) of the mobs in the room seem to trigger the crash fairly often, even if not every time.

The file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mg4l2f9vkh24mes/Laele%20%2812%29.7z?dl=0
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2014, 02:03:48 pm »

Sadly, I can't really say I would know how to use this code. On the other hand, on got a save in which, while not perfectly reproducible, getting into a fight with the dwarf barbarian to the north while in the line of sight (but not the line of fire) of the mobs in the room seem to trigger the crash fairly often, even if not every time.

The file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mg4l2f9vkh24mes/Laele%20%2812%29.7z?dl=0
I'll take a look.  Thanks for your efforts!  :)

In theory that code would tell you what monster is the problem, what magic they're doing, if you play with it compiled in and the crash were to occur.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2014, 07:05:46 am »

In theory that code would tell you what monster is the problem, what magic they're doing, if you play with it compiled in and the crash were to occur.
Main problem is that I have no idea where I would add the code. :P

Edit: And on yet another bug report, this time back to gold issues: That whenever you spend currency, it uses all of your coins is already known. What is apparently new is that it happens to npc vendors when you sell stuff to them.

For some context: Roark, in town, buys +3 or better magical weapons and armor from your character if you have at least diplomacy 12. I sold him a quarterstaff +3, which he offered me about 800 gold for. Once I accepted and descended back into the dungeon, my gold had increased around 90000 instead.

For reference, here's the save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzf5fzcbcu63j9g/Laele%20%2816%29.7z?dl=0

Just go up to the store and sell the staff or the pickaxe.

Edit: And for something different this time, a minor suggestion (or at least I think it's minor):
Very minor favor increase with Asherath from his followers just gaining XP, no matter the source. As it currently stands it feels nearly impossible to increase favor with him unless you play in a nearly suicidal manner.

Edit2: And on a wizard mode bug report: Trying to use "Become a divine champion" seems to be heavily bugged, as using it with most of the gods seems to make the favor go heavily in the negative. Have tested it with newly created characters and old characters, the only factor that seems to influence what it actually do is the divine favor the character already have, both with the god in question and the rest of the pantheon. It makes some of the testing rather problematic.

Edit3: On the process of testing the previous bug, managed to test a different thing I had reported as a bug previously, and remove it from the list: Sabine's Lightning bolt does not take into account the combined favor levels of all the gods. What it does is set the caster level of said innate spell as three times the player's favor level with Sabine. So, I retract the bug report, but I do put it forward as completely overpowered, since damage is [caster level]d6 for 17 mana in a 7 square beam, with a pretty high reflex save for half (which still keeps gives it a significantly high damage potential).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:28:52 pm by Felius »

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2014, 04:47:36 pm »

Main problem is that I have no idea where I would add the code. :P
It's already checked in.
Edit: And on yet another bug report, this time back to gold issues: That whenever you spend currency, it uses all of your coins is already known. What is apparently new is that it happens to npc vendors when you sell stuff to them.
Fixed.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2014, 07:40:27 pm »

Thanks for the reproduction case, fixed.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2014, 08:17:32 pm »

Couple questions:

First: When compiling the resources after compiling the debug build, it accuses to be unresolved references, specifically: Dryad, Snow Angel.

Is that normal? Or have I done something wrong?

Secondly, back on the Options.dat: How do I generate a fresh new Options.dat? Or is my only option to grab an already existing one from a previous compiled version?

Nevermind, saw the that game made it's own Options.dat now. Was having a crash when trying to do it previously, but I'm guessing it was some issue with the resource compiling and/or some other non-related issue on my end.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:20:44 pm by Felius »

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2014, 10:17:15 pm »

Couple questions:

First: When compiling the resources after compiling the debug build, it accuses to be unresolved references, specifically: Dryad, Snow Angel.
Normal.  They're probably unimplemented, and referenced in some spawning situation.  I think an older crash bug was related to this, but I've vetted these two and they're probably on some list that is never used.

Is that normal? Or have I done something wrong?

Secondly, back on the Options.dat: How do I generate a fresh new Options.dat? Or is my only option to grab an already existing one from a previous compiled version?

Nevermind, saw the that game made it's own Options.dat now. Was having a crash when trying to do it previously, but I'm guessing it was some issue with the resource compiling and/or some other non-related issue on my end.
No idea! :-)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2014, 06:58:07 pm »

On a low priority bug (or something went wrong on my build). Tried to use holy water on a zombie:

And here's a save just after the fact:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a86jyoywxvp1qw4/Amadiel.7z?dl=0

Edit: Image was apparently broken. Fixed now I think.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:53:20 pm by Felius »

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2014, 09:46:50 pm »

On a low priority bug (or something went wrong on my build). Tried to use holy water on a zombie:
So.. no throwing when stuck?  Or is there something else?

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2014, 10:15:57 pm »

I see screen corruption in the lines beginning with Kobold zombie's Damage:

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2014, 10:55:06 pm »

Ehh, that too, but fixed the image now for the screen corruption. o.O

And on a semi-related question for anyone who knows the answer: Is there a way to use strength instead of escape artist to get out of entanglements? It's rather annoying for heavy armor users to simply get stuck for far too long if they get hit with said effect.

Edit: Not entirely sure if it's a bug or not, but the moment my mount falls in this save (like, say, trying to move in that grease), it seems to snap, throw me off and turn on me.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:23:20 pm by Felius »

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2014, 08:18:10 pm »

Edit: Image was apparently broken. Fixed now I think.
Fixed.  This was a high priority bug which caused crashes in some circumstances, but I was unable to reproduce it until now.  Throwing holy water at a zombie was a consistent reproduction case.

This was a long term legacy bug for Incursion BTW from before my time.

Thanks again!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24