Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 209

Author Topic: Bay12 Courtroom: Thread Retired, New Thread Pending  (Read 241130 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: Morty McFli's Blak Tim Machine
« Reply #1395 on: July 17, 2015, 02:51:36 am »

"As a client of the Bureau, I have to say when your scheduled travels are all filed well ahead of time in a stable manner that does not cause any undue changes to the time stream, it certainly eases the process. You're saying that the accused did not file proper paper work with your organization before traveling?

"We had only two applications by the Doctor to travel forwards in time.  First to visit the future, then another to bring Mr. McFly forwards.  The former was accepted, and the latter was denied due to its purpose, with permission instead being given to give Mr. McFly a message not to be opened at a date near where the information was required."

"Note that in the first recording, Mr. McFly's travel back in time was set as an example by Dr. Brown that was acted upon.  We could have ignored this, considering the circumstances, if he had kept his interference to a minimum.  He did not, and caused drastic changes to the time stream, as evident by the change in station and behavior by several individuals and having given out future information to several individuals.  After returning, the Doctor traveled forwards; however, this trip had been granted permission by the Bureau."

"As shown by the second tape, the doctor ignored our denial to bring Mr. McFly into the future.  In addition, he brought another individual along.  In the future, their negligence of attention towards their machine allowed another individual to steal it, leading to further drastic changes to reality.  After returning to the past and bringing with them pieces from the future, a hoverboard and piece of paper, they then go further back in time to correct things.  If they had contacted us, we could have dealt with it without risking the foundation of the time stream that multiple drastic changes in a short time can result in.  We can ignore the accidental time travel at the end of this as that was outside the control of the Doctor and he caused minimal changes to the time stream.  I should note that at the end of this recording, Dr. Brown sends a letter to be delivered at a certain point, which we first suggested."

"Within the third recording, note that Mr. McFly travels back in time to save Doctor Brown, despite a request by the Doctor for Mr. McFly to return to his own time.  There they caused another stir to the timeline through, among other things, destruction of a locomotive, both individuals being in the prior mentioned clock image, leaving the hoverboard from the future in the past, and the construction of another time machine by Doctor Brown that had gone unregistered with the Bureau."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 17, 2015, 12:01:48 pm »

"I see. I thought those movies might come up. So, then, the defence posits a possibility:"

"Those films were staged and for entertainment purposes only."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 17, 2015, 01:09:30 pm »

"Those films were staged and for entertainment purposes only."

"You would think that, but we condense things such as this to be sold in theaters in order to assist in paying for the repairs to the Time Stream."
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #1398 on: July 17, 2015, 01:20:45 pm »

"Mr. Plaintiff, how can we be sure that the Temporal Bureau knows what it's doing? I read this story once, and this guy went back in time to shoot dinosaurs or something and this other guy (there was more than one guy) stepped on a butterfly and then when they got back to the future *wink wink* the guy basically turned into Hitler. How do we know your bureau isn't planning to annex Poland?"
Regards,
Dampe

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 17, 2015, 01:40:23 pm »

"Actually, I am certain at least some of video footage #2 was staged, even if all of it and/or the others weren't. In one particular scene, we see Mr. McFly hijack a hoverboard from a young girl. In actuality, said hoverboard was stolen from me, in a criminal case scheduled to be handled after this civil case."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 17, 2015, 01:51:53 pm »

"Mr. Plaintiff, how can we be sure that the Temporal Bureau knows what it's doing? I read this story once, and this guy went back in time to shoot dinosaurs or something and this other guy (there was more than one guy) stepped on a butterfly and then when they got back to the future *wink wink* the guy basically turned into Hitler. How do we know your bureau isn't planning to annex Poland?"

"We will not because one of our early leaders attempted to change the time stream.  He modified one soldier's enlistment record to allow him to survive past Germany's victory in a war that occurred within 1914.  This soldier was Adolph Hitler, and, as you can tell, things spiralled out of control, with the war lasting longer than it originally had and changing the painter to the tyrant he is known as today.  We would have corrected things, if the sheer amount of time travelers that tried to kill him hadn't made his life a fixed fixture in time."

"Actually, I am certain at least some of video footage #2 was staged, even if all of it and/or the others weren't. In one particular scene, we see Mr. McFly hijack a hoverboard from a young girl. In actuality, said hoverboard was stolen from me, in a criminal case scheduled to be handled after this civil case."

"It was not.  If you note, you said that the reason hoverboards are not frequently used are due to that theft, but in the future of the second tape, they are frequently used.  Your theft occurred after the changes were done to the time stream in recording three, but where they still went to the future."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:10:09 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 17, 2015, 02:07:05 pm »

"I have to stare into an abyss to understand that, but I think I do. I retract my objection. Might I borrow those tapes once you're done with them? I may have just realized an important detail relating to my case."

((Also, you borked the quotes.))

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 18, 2015, 10:39:06 pm »

"You would think that, but we condense things such as this to be sold in theaters in order to assist in paying for the repairs to the Time Stream."

"Well, um, er, dammit."

"Hey, wait a second..."

"That statement... is a lie."

"It was not.  If you note, you said that the reason hoverboards are not frequently used are due to that theft, but in the future of the second tape, they are frequently used.  Your theft occurred after the changes were done to the time stream in recording three, but where they still went to the future."

"The defense submits the following evidence to the court: a Snopes page, detailing the date at which my client, Marty McFly, arrives in the future."
Snopes Page added to the Court Record.

"Now, plaintiff, riddle me this. If those films were documentaries, and not staged for entertainment purposes, then why are hoverboards commonplace in the year that Marty arrives in the future in the second one..."

"2015?!"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:36:16 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 19, 2015, 03:24:17 pm »

"The defense submits the following evidence to the court: a Snopes page, detailing the date at which my client, Marty McFly, arrives in the future."
Snopes Page added to the Court Record.

"Now, plaintiff, riddle me this. If those films were documentaries, and not staged for entertainment purposes, then why are hoverboards commonplace in the year that Marty arrives in the future in the second one..."

"2015?!"

"If you note, there were changes to the time stream after that point.  A locomotive was stolen, leaving its cars behind on the tracks, and later wrecked.  Mr. McFly wasn't in a car wreck that led him to take a different career path.  The doctor had kids with a person who had priorly not lived long enough, let alone to have kids with a time traveler.  The doctor built an unregistered time machine out of another locomotive.  This cascade of butterfly effects altered a great deal of time, wherein Mr. Tea's hoverboard prototype was taken by Mr. McFly who came into the future at a different point then in two.  This would have led there to being multiples of those that went on that journey and those from the prior, but the Time Stream has ways of...righting...that duplicity of persons."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 19, 2015, 03:59:10 pm »

"Let me present an alternate theory, which might not even be mutually exclusive to yours, Mr. the Great."

"I suspect the hoverboard seen in the second piece of footage has been subject to an ontological paradox in an alternate 'verse. It is also not mine. The one found at Mr. McFly's residence is. Allow me to explain: the hoverboard was hijacked in a 'verse where they are commonplace (not ours), and ended up in the 19th century of that 'verse, where someone found it, reverse-engineered it, and made them commonplace."

"In our 'verse, Mr. McFly simply took my prototype and stashed it in his house, possibly after using it for some illicit purpose. It is possible the DeLorean time machine has a yet-unexamined trait of also traveling between alternate 'verses."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 19, 2015, 04:29:42 pm »

"In our 'verse, Mr. McFly simply took my prototype and stashed it in his house, possibly after using it for some illicit purpose. It is possible the DeLorean time machine has a yet-unexamined trait of also traveling between alternate 'verses."

"When we checked it, it was purely a time machine.  Mayhaps the one who stole your hoverboard prototype was from another reality?  You may want to check with the Dimensional Integrity Bureau."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 04:31:53 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 19, 2015, 06:36:19 pm »

"If you note, there were changes to the time stream after that point.  A locomotive was stolen, leaving its cars behind on the tracks, and later wrecked.  Mr. McFly wasn't in a car wreck that led him to take a different career path.  The doctor had kids with a person who had priorly not lived long enough, let alone to have kids with a time traveler.  The doctor built an unregistered time machine out of another locomotive.  This cascade of butterfly effects altered a great deal of time, wherein Mr. Tea's hoverboard prototype was taken by Mr. McFly who came into the future at a different point then in two.  This would have led there to being multiples of those that went on that journey and those from the prior, but the Time Stream has ways of...righting...that duplicity of persons."

"I... um... dang it! That's even consistent with Back to the Future time travel rules!"

"H... how much are you suing for?"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 19, 2015, 09:13:04 pm »

"I... um... dang it! That's even consistent with Back to the Future time travel rules!"

"H... how much are you suing for?"

"A total of 200 years and 3 days of service to the Bureau of Temporal Management and Maintenance or to its capital garnering companies for all of what we wish to sue for is in our eyes what this case is worth, Mr. Edge."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:07:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 19, 2015, 09:22:49 pm »

*A scyther is in the jury and is holding up a sign that says "Go Zanzetkuken!" *

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 19, 2015, 10:04:49 pm »

"if I may interject I would like to ask what gives your organization the right to regulate time? are you sectioned by the government? what about other governments?"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 209