Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078675 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: DFHack 0.42.06-r1
« Reply #4305 on: May 18, 2016, 12:06:32 am »

Thanks.

I thought dlg would be an ID, so I made them unique.

Code: [Select]
local dlg = require ('gui.dialogs')
msg5=("You decide to give the dwarves a proper burial; least they haunt you for using their equipment.")
msg4=("The wagon now yours, you claim your price. The dead have no need for it; you on the other hand...")
msg3=("The goods in the wagon seem intact; curiously enough 7 coffins are among the assorted items.")
msg2=("With no attacker in sight and no trail to follow, you carefully decide to have a closer look.")
msg=("You come upon a group of dead dwarves, horribly mauled, laying next to their abandoned wagon.")

dlg.showMessage("A chance encounter", msg5, COLOR_WHITE, nil)
dlg.showMessage("A chance encounter", msg4, COLOR_WHITE, nil)
dlg.showMessage("A chance encounter", msg3, COLOR_WHITE, nil)
dlg.showMessage("A chance encounter", msg2, COLOR_WHITE, nil)
dlg.showMessage("A chance encounter", msg, COLOR_WHITE, nil)
Better? (edit: mh, no, that just crashes the game. :/ )

Edit2: That one is fine.
Code: [Select]
local dlg = require ('gui.dialogs')

msg5=("You decide to give the dwarves a proper burial; least they haunt you for using their equipment.")
dlg.showMessage("A chance encounter", msg5, COLOR_WHITE, nil)
msg4=("The wagon now yours, you claim your price. The dead have no need for it; you on the other hand...")
dlg.showMessage("A chance encounter", msg4, COLOR_WHITE, nil)
msg3=("The goods in the wagon seem intact; curiously enough 7 coffins are among the assorted items.")
dlg.showMessage("A chance encounter", msg3, COLOR_WHITE, nil)
msg2=("With no attacker in sight and no trail to follow, you carefully decide to have a closer look.")
dlg.showMessage("A chance encounter", msg2, COLOR_WHITE, nil)
msg1=("You come upon a group of dead dwarves, horribly mauled, laying next to their abandoned wagon.")
dlg.showMessage("A chance encounter", msg1, COLOR_WHITE, nil)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:11:43 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: May 18, 2016, 12:25:12 am »

Can't see why that would crash the game, both seem fine.

Also, the parentheses around the quotes for the msg declarations are unnecessary.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: May 18, 2016, 12:30:17 am »

You should probably put 'local ' before each of the msg variables, but it probably won't cause any problems the way it is.

Pretty grim embark scenario, there.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4308 on: May 18, 2016, 12:34:21 am »

You should probably put 'local ' before each of the msg variables, but it probably won't cause any problems the way it is.

Its for the hermit mode.

I made a workshop that chains three reaction: #1 spawns a unit (your hermit), #2 kills all dwarves and spawns 7 coffins, #3 gives that embark message and clears all stress from the hermit.

Since create-unit works so well, I want to make every intelligent creature a choice for your hermit. That means 200 reactions for all the animal-men. :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: May 18, 2016, 12:48:18 am »

Its for the hermit mode.

I made a workshop that chains three reaction: #1 spawns a unit (your hermit), #2 kills all dwarves and spawns 7 coffins, #3 gives that embark message and clears all stress from the hermit.

Since create-unit works so well, I want to make every intelligent creature a choice for your hermit. That means 200 reactions for all the animal-men. :D
Well if you are scripting. Maybe it would be easier to have one reaction that shows choice dialog?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: May 18, 2016, 12:52:37 am »

I'm not sure create-unit is quite up to making a citizen yet.  Check the thoughts and preferences screen to make sure there is a personality.

Even if that doesn't work, there's been science done on souls, not sure if it'd be better to yank one of the souls from the dwarves or create a whole new one.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4311 on: May 18, 2016, 01:44:39 am »

Sure it makes citizens. Yesterday I wrote a system for orcs to buy captives at the blackmarket or capture them in raids, just to spawn them as civ--members.

I had a dwarf fort with ogre sheriff in one of my tests.

Well if you are scripting. Maybe it would be easier to have one reaction that shows choice dialog?
It would, if I could script. Now I have 400+ reactions that are finished, so... too late. Its maybe a bit clumsier, but at least I managed to do it on my own. I already asked for so much help with scripts lately, I thought it would be better if I do it that way.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.02-?
« Reply #4312 on: May 18, 2016, 07:12:32 am »

I'm a bit confused about the source available on GitHub. I can understand that the latest DFHack release was for 0.42.06-r1. But, I see that the "Latest commit" was "24 days ago".

Is a 0.43.02 release in the works?

Edit: Okay, I see now.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 07:51:17 am by Thundercraft »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: May 18, 2016, 07:24:42 am »

All dfhack development happens on the dev branch of dfhack, not the main one.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: May 18, 2016, 10:56:42 pm »

Version 0.52 of create-unit.lua.  Can someone include this in the next distribution of DFHack?  BTW, are there any plans for a final 0.42.06 release, or is everything going to be 0.43?

This is still faking the local population data, but now it's doing a better job of faking it.  I'll try to improve on that as I have time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For the moment, I'm going to include a copy of this with The Earth Strikes Back, but will take it out when DFHack updates.
Just got back, updating:

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: May 18, 2016, 11:45:13 pm »

I think the 42.06 release was consistent enough that unless people use it enough and find a major bug or something gets passed back down from the 43.xx update process it'll remain as it is.

Also like the gm-editor changes in there, looks like it'll let us pick whether to put in stuff like df.something:new() or drop in ints and such? It was frustrating that I couldn't swap in an int with gm-editor and had to whip up a script or bit of lua (though the interpreter is still a bit of arcane wizardry) to insert it just so I could edit it to figure out what it did.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: May 19, 2016, 12:01:58 am »

I think the 42.06 release was consistent enough that unless people use it enough and find a major bug or something gets passed back down from the 43.xx update process it'll remain as it is.

Also like the gm-editor changes in there, looks like it'll let us pick whether to put in stuff like df.something:new() or drop in ints and such? It was frustrating that I couldn't swap in an int with gm-editor and had to whip up a script or bit of lua (though the interpreter is still a bit of arcane wizardry) to insert it just so I could edit it to figure out what it did.
Yeah i was annoyed with it too. I would really want to have some sort "put this item to lua interpreter as <variable>" too.
Next feature i want is general_ref handling.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: May 22, 2016, 03:00:36 pm »

I'm having trouble getting interaction-trigger to trigger anything at all in both arena mode and adventure mode.

It doesn't seem to be reading the attack string or defense string that I put for the trigger to activate, because I also put -suppressAttack and
-suppressDefense and I am still able to see the attack string in my combat logs.

modtools/interaction-trigger -onAttackStr "ORC_ATTACK_A" -onDefenseStr "ORC_DEFEND_D" -suppressAttack -suppressDefend -command [ item/projectile -unit_source \\ATTACKER_ID -unit_target \\DEFENDER_ID -item AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS -mat INORGANIC:IRON -number 5 -maxrange 500 -hitchance 100 ]

Would there be any problems if the creature that could do the interaction didn't learn it but was spawned with the ability to do it?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: May 22, 2016, 04:38:00 pm »

None of the triggers work in arena mode AFAIK.

It only cares about interactions, how it's learned shouldn't matter at all.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: May 23, 2016, 09:21:45 am »

Are there factors in the interaction's raws that would cause it not to work in adventure mode? The interactions themselves do not actually work in adventure mode either.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 360