Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079448 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3840 on: February 29, 2016, 10:00:23 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64051.0

Just so that this can be OVER and there is no more need to discuss tough love.

NinjaEdit: Ninjaed by... half a day! I have too much homework.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: February 29, 2016, 10:42:53 pm »

Nope, each civ keeps its own save file.  When a chunk is added it is whatever-anyone-else-used + 1.

So I'll scan backwards until I find the most recent historical figure of civ -1 and increment from that.  But where could the game keep its next_member_idx for civ -1???
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: March 01, 2016, 01:23:08 am »

Nope, each civ keeps its own save file.  When a chunk is added it is whatever-anyone-else-used + 1.

So I'll scan backwards until I find the most recent historical figure of civ -1 and increment from that.  But where could the game keep its next_member_idx for civ -1???
I think there are two ways unit is saved: either into civ or into site. Though not sure.

One way to test this is try this: create adventurer, save,checksum save (each file), try dying to a wildlife (it makes them histfigure), check what changed.

While it's not what you are looking for exactly, the wildlife gets a histfigure. So it's save file should show up. However there is also the problem of that the items you leave (e.g. corpse) will save and your adventurer is also updated as being dead.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: March 01, 2016, 04:45:37 am »

Ghost yourself and clear the death flag?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: March 01, 2016, 08:35:15 am »

Went the easier route: creatures spawned in civ -1 are simply not historical figures.  If they're dangerous, they'll get a name by themselves fast enough.

Spoiler: create-unit.lua (click to show/hide)

This also fixes the cursor-whiplash problem.

EDIT: Note that supposedly hostile creatures still appear as "friendly" on the unit screen, and they act pretty calm unless prodded with berserkness or something.  This appears tied to the arena-spawning method.

EDIT EDIT: Dug up an old workaround.  It uses handwavium to insert the spawned creature into population 1 of region (1,1) which classifies the critter as a wild animal but might do some damage to the world data.  Anyone know how to creature a population entry on the active map block?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:48:09 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: March 02, 2016, 12:45:42 am »

Went the easier route: creatures spawned in civ -1 are simply not historical figures.  If they're dangerous, they'll get a name by themselves fast enough.

Spoiler: create-unit.lua (click to show/hide)

This also fixes the cursor-whiplash problem.

EDIT: Note that supposedly hostile creatures still appear as "friendly" on the unit screen, and they act pretty calm unless prodded with berserkness or something.  This appears tied to the arena-spawning method.

EDIT EDIT: Dug up an old workaround.  It uses handwavium to insert the spawned creature into population 1 of region (1,1) which classifies the critter as a wild animal but might do some damage to the world data.  Anyone know how to creature a population entry on the active map block?

Merged.

MystRunner

• Bay Watcher
  • Idiots Roam Free! Beware all ye who enter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: March 02, 2016, 02:03:00 am »

I seem to be having issues installing DF Hack. It's the first time I've ever had this issue before but I did what I always did. Download Dorf Fort. Unzip it. Download Hack. Unzip it into Dorf Fort. I was surprised to see Hack not asking to over ride the SDL.dll like it use to. I looked for the install instructions (rather hard because the .html read me just said it couldn't find the file). It still mentions to install it that you need to make sure the SDL file is over written. Checked the DFHack Master Zip and there was no SDL.dll file. Is there something I am missing that has changed?

~*~
Nevermind I figured it out. Github always confuses me with were the heck to find the downloads at for the versions.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:05:58 am by MystRunner »
I don't know what is more impressive, that dwarves can skip salting and curing meat opting for zombiefication, or that the dark art of necromancy has been twisted to the cause of curing meats.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature Simulator.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: March 02, 2016, 02:45:44 am »

What are the possible key bindings for dfhack commands? I see Shift/Ctrl/Alt, letters, and function keys (F1-F12) in the example init. I assume numbers work as well. Are there any others?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: March 02, 2016, 05:44:22 am »

Request: Extend rename.lua to rename forts as well.

vomov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: March 02, 2016, 06:37:36 am »

Two quick questions:
1) It's been hinted that DFHack (develop branch?) is somewhat compatible with 42.06. Is that correct?
2) I've been trying to compile. Unfortunately, without success (friggin' Windows computer). Would it be possible to do a small 'barely working' release?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: March 02, 2016, 10:17:53 am »

42.07 won't be released until dfhack has a .06 release. Toady's trolling like that.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: March 02, 2016, 03:25:42 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that custom professions no longer work properly in manipulator?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: March 02, 2016, 04:10:51 pm »

What exactly is the issue?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: March 02, 2016, 04:31:50 pm »

Create a profession from an dwarf, try to apply that profession to another dwarf, nothing happens.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: March 02, 2016, 05:39:23 pm »

It seems, only the last custom profession from the list is not applyable.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 360