Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316755 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2014, 07:59:28 am »

1.) That's a moot point until DFHack gets back on its feet. Whether the plugin itself needs to be refurbished... that's up in the air, really. Probably not, but don't quote me on that.

2.) Not in a way you mean, no. Most of the text bits that banter is assembled from are embedded inside Dwarf Fortress.exe and can be screwed with to a limited extent using a certain tool, but you can't alter how the game applies them. You can't modify the quest system, either.

Some minor speech bits can be freely altered, however. Look inside \data\speech.
1) correct- wait for dfhack. Plugin (well script) will probably not need refurbishing. But i would love to rewrite, both to allow  other scripts issue similar jobs AND to allow you order around your companions.

2)we'll see... text files might be saved separately actually...

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2014, 08:10:28 am »

What do you mean "we'll see"? Are you holding out on some experimental DFHack magic that'd further our ability to fuck with the game?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2014, 08:28:00 am »

What do you mean "we'll see"? Are you holding out on some experimental DFHack magic that'd further our ability to fuck with the game?
I was experimenting with advmode quest system. If new quest types were added it might be possible to extend it. Also there is almost no info about what is new in structures yet.
Generally: wait and see ;)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2014, 08:39:26 am »

I think I had some insight on the dark fortress crash, which I'll try to test when I'm home. I believe that SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS is required on dark fort entities.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:43:51 am by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2014, 08:59:17 am »

What exactly are the martial trances that the TRANCES creature tag enables?
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2014, 09:02:53 am »

It boosts stats and speed. Not sure exactly what it does, I think it increases willpower (pain tolerance), endurance, toughness and agility. Maybe strength too.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2014, 09:04:09 am »

It boosts stats and speed. Not sure exactly what it does, I think it increases willpower (pain tolerance), endurance, toughness and agility. Maybe strength too.

Is adding this to a core race like a Dwarf offshoot potentially too powerful?

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2014, 09:10:11 am »

Come on, when was the last time you saw a dwarf in a martial trance? It's more of a seasoning that might help tip a hopeless situation towards better every once in a blue moon.

That tag also dictates "industrial trances" - strange moods.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2014, 09:12:38 am »

Come on, when was the last time you saw a dwarf in a martial trance? It's more of a seasoning that might help tip a hopeless situation towards better every once in a blue moon.

That tag also dictates "industrial trances" - strange moods.

I actually don't recall seeing martial trances happening, are they something normal dwarves get?

Also, do you mean it allows them to have strange moods as well?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 10, 2014, 09:14:50 am »

The legends say that when a military dwarf is cornered and outnumbered in battle, they may jerk into state of divine fighting flow that gives them a big bonus to all rolls for a short time.

The exact mechanism? Dimly understood.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 10, 2014, 09:16:22 am »

The legends say that when a military dwarf is cornered and outnumbered in battle, they may jerk into state of divine fighting flow that gives them a big bonus to all rolls for a short time.

The exact mechanism? Dimly understood.

So what you're saying is, add it to damn near every race in my mod and watch the awesomeness happen once in awhile.

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 10, 2014, 09:23:05 am »

Some minor speech bits can be freely altered, however. Look inside \data\speech.

Is it possible to simply add more lines of text to those speech-files, and then the game automatically selects one at random, when it has to?

2)we'll see... text files might be saved separately actually...

Now you're making me very curious.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 10, 2014, 09:33:25 am »

Is it possible to simply add more lines of text to those speech-files, and then the game automatically selects one at random, when it has to?

Yeah, that's it. Go hog wild.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2014, 09:39:11 am »

If you use the WEBBER token for a playable race, are there any issues that arise? I'd hate to add my spider people only to find out there's some unforseen issue if they web everything.

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 10, 2014, 10:17:16 am »

I think I had some uncouth on the dark fortress crash, which I'll try to test when I'm home. I believe that SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS is required on dark fort entities.

i tried it (among other things), still crashes. I guess the walkaround is the best option for now - which is a shame.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 247