Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316694 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #705 on: August 10, 2014, 03:08:01 pm »

Values can also change peoples' dreams. Perhaps other things.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 10, 2014, 06:32:50 pm »

So I'm trying to make a giant cave scorpion, basically a giant desert scorpion that lives in the caverns. Using the [COPY_TAGS_FROM: ] tag, but for some reason the game doesn't apply any of the changes I made and instead I have two creatures listed in arena as "giant desert scorpion". No changes to the names, descriptions, or colors have been applied.

What do?
Spoiler: code (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 10, 2014, 07:00:24 pm »

What does [OUTDOOR_ORCHARDS] token do? Is it what lets the elves bring fruit in their caravans?
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 10, 2014, 07:04:06 pm »

That's the whole shebang of weird elven tree behavior and plantbending, I think. [OUTDOOR_GARDENS] is what you want for vegetables and other produce.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 10, 2014, 07:10:22 pm »

If I understand correctly, the _FARMING tags are for regular plants, the _GARDENS tags are for regular plant growths, and the _ORCHARDS tags are for tree growths.

@Spehhs: I'm not too familiar with the tag copying tags, but you could just copy-paste the entirety of the giant desert scorpion and make the changes to the copy. Maybe look at other creatures that use the COPY_TAGS_FROM tag?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 10, 2014, 07:36:20 pm »

@Spehhs: I'm not too familiar with the tag copying tags, but you could just copy-paste the entirety of the giant desert scorpion and make the changes to the copy. Maybe look at other creatures that use the COPY_TAGS_FROM tag?
Yeah, I figured if I couldn't get it working I'd just copy the whole thing. COPY_TAGS_FROM works great for making giant creatures from smaller creatures, which is primarily what I used it for. The only difference I can see between my giant cave scorpions and the other cave creatures I made with the copy tag-or any of the giant creatures from vanilla game - is that the scorpion doesn't get any size changes.

I'll probably just copy the whole desert scorpion and change it as necessary. COPY_TAGS_FROM is useful for keeping stuff like that compact though.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #711 on: August 10, 2014, 07:57:50 pm »

I'll probably just copy the whole desert scorpion and change it as necessary. COPY_TAGS_FROM is useful for keeping stuff like that compact though.
be sure to add some
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to make a creature have more flavour.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 10, 2014, 08:37:46 pm »

If I gave a entity creature the ability to turn into another creature, i.e. dragon. will that dragon then proceed to burn the entire fortress down or will it still keep it's loyalties?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 10, 2014, 08:40:35 pm »

So long as it isn't [CRAZED] or [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE], it should be fine.

Though fire will still likely spread through accidents, such as your dragon getting spooked by a rabbit and responding by incinerating it or something.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 11, 2014, 09:17:24 am »

Would it be possible to add venom with an increased chance for the wound to become infected?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 11, 2014, 09:27:20 am »

Yeah, I figured if I couldn't get it working I'd just copy the whole thing. COPY_TAGS_FROM works great for making giant creatures from smaller creatures, which is primarily what I used it for. The only difference I can see between my giant cave scorpions and the other cave creatures I made with the copy tag-or any of the giant creatures from vanilla game - is that the scorpion doesn't get any size changes.

I think just copying and editing the original creature is the way to go, but a word just in case you're curious why the first attempt didn't work.  Each vanilla creature that copies tags also applies a CREATURE_VARIATION which deletes a bunch of the copied tags.  That leaves space for the tags defined in the copying creature.

So, to do what you originally wanted, you'd need to create a CREATURE_VARIATION template to weed out all of the tags you wanted to be different.  For a single creature, it's easier to just copy and edit the whole creature.

Edit: grammar
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:16:02 am by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #716 on: August 11, 2014, 09:46:48 am »

Would it be possible to add venom with an increased chance for the wound to become infected?
I don't think so. Try putting BLISTERS and OOZING and SWELLING instead.

Or go with [CE_NECROSIS:LOCALIZED:SEV:40:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:50:END:400]
which causes tissue rot, and most creatures have  [GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]  [GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:52:01 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 11, 2014, 12:56:21 pm »

I think just copying and editing the original creature is the way to go, but a word just in case you're curious why the first attempt didn't work.  Each vanilla creature that copies tags also applies a CREATURE_VARIATION which deletes a bunch of the copied tags.  That leaves space for the tags defined in the copying creature.

So, to do what you originally wanted, you'd need to create a CREATURE_VARIATION template to weed out all of the tags you wanted to be different.  For a single creature, it's easier to just copy and edit the whole creature.

Edit: grammar
Ah. Ok. Didn't realize that [CREATURE_VARIATION] was responsible for that. Thought the new tags just overwrote the old copied tags automatically. Good to know.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 11, 2014, 01:25:09 pm »

Is there a way to limit to 1 the amount of aquifer layers on a map ?

I know how to remove aquifer from the raws from the wiki but i would still like to keep them but instead of the numerous 2 , 3 or more aquifer layers i encounter in current version, i would like to only have to deal with 1.

m-logik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 11, 2014, 01:31:55 pm »

How can I add rough gems to the list of items that dwarves can bring on the caravan and request in trade agreements?

Also, is it possible to make the dwarven outpost liaison continue to visit after receiving the monarch, for the purpose of trade agreements?

I poked around in the raws and couldn't figure it out myself.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 247