Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316722 times)

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #840 on: August 23, 2014, 06:20:37 am »

Why are you making clubs out of clubs?

Reagent is the thing that's consumed in the reaction to make the product. Maybe it'd work better if you made the reagent something like [REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE] or something - you want to double-check if that's the right item and material token.

Right, that's what I thought made sense at first... But according to http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Material_token wood isn't usable?

My understanding from reading the wiki was:

Reagent
Number of reagent
The item class of the thing (item)
The specific thing you're trying to make (item subtype)
The material you want to make it out of (seemed to be classes of materials, not individual materials)

Or have I somehow managed to miss the point entirely?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 06:25:04 am by WordsandChaos »

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 23, 2014, 06:29:22 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you did manage that. Let me see again...

[REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CLUB:PLANT_MAT:NONE]
In order:

REAGENT
some identifier, doesn't have to be A, can be anything, even lowercase
Amount of reagent. Not necessarily equal to the number of items. A single item of metal bars, for example, consist of 150 units of material.
The item token - http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Item_token - of the reagent. It's type:subtype. Choose the type from what the wiki lists and choose a subtype if applicable. A wood log would be WOOD:NONE.
The material token - http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Material_token - of the reagent. It's... a bit more complicated - if you want to take materials from a creature or a plant, then you need to do PLANT_MAT:(creature ID, found at the top of its RAW):identifier of that specific material. Metal and stone are easier on account of just being INORGANIC:ID, and so on.

The final NONE:NONE either means that I don't care what the material is as long as the item token fits, or that I'm making a mistake myself.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 23, 2014, 06:37:33 am »

Well, I had a hankering to play Kobold Camp, and I spent the better part of last evening trying to make a version of the mod that works with DF2014. I got the thing working, but it includes many complex features that I don't want, and in my attempts to make the Kobolds primitive again I've broken them.

Mainly, I have broken the Kobold digging tool: the Shovel.

I have two entries for shovels in item_weapon_kobold.txt:

Standard:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Training:

Neither of these items seems to be created in any form. If I go to a carpenters workshop I'll see the other training weapons I've created, and if I go to the craftsbold's workshop I can see the other weapons I've given the [CAN_STONE] tag. The Entity_Default section for Kobolds includes both [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_SHOVEL] and [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_SHOVEL_TRAINING]. I'm stumped. Can't take these items on embark, can't create them, what's the deal?

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 23, 2014, 06:55:53 am »

Also, while we're discussing reagents: Can someone tell me how would a quarry bush leaf be defined as a reagent? Preferably in the entire 'five of them in a bag' architecture.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 23, 2014, 08:52:25 am »

Assuming that the quantities work exactly as you would expect and not according to some crazy moon logic:

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:salad:5:PLANT_GROWTH:LEAVES:PLANT_MAT:BUSH_QUARRY:LEAF]
[REAGENT:salad sack:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[BAG]
[CONTAINS:salad]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]

That one specifically looks for quarry bush leaves. If you wanted it to take just about any sort of sack of salad, make it PLANT_GROWTH:LEAVES:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:LEAF instead.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 23, 2014, 09:11:13 am »

Well, I had a hankering to play Kobold Camp, and I spent the better part of last evening trying to make a version of the mod that works with DF2014. I got the thing working, but it includes many complex features that I don't want, and in my attempts to make the Kobolds primitive again I've broken them.

Standard:

Training:

Neither of these items seems to be created in any form. If I go to a carpenters workshop I'll see the other training weapons I've created, and if I go to the craftsbold's workshop I can see the other weapons I've given the [CAN_STONE] tag. The Entity_Default section for Kobolds includes both [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_SHOVEL] and [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_SHOVEL_TRAINING]. I'm stumped. Can't take these items on embark, can't create them, what's the deal?
Do the shovels appear in the arena? If neither one does you might have forgotten [OBJECT:ITEM] and a text string at the top of the file. If that is the case it might(?) appear in the error log but it is uncertain as the 40.X code has removed many error messages and some things never had them.
If neither is the case I'm sorry.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 23, 2014, 09:25:26 am »

So I created a carp that can fly and breathe air.
I just want to make sure I didn't mess anything up.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 23, 2014, 09:34:13 am »

So I created a carp that can fly and breathe air.
I just want to make sure I didn't mess anything up.
Warning: your flying carps can drown because they don't have the [AMPHIBIOUS] tag.
Warning: your carps do not have a FLY gait so (I think) they'll only fly at base speed (unable to slow down or speed up).
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 23, 2014, 09:41:25 am »

So, do I just copy the swim gait tag, only replace the "SWIMMING" with "FLYING", in order to get it to fly at the speed that a normal carp would swim?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 23, 2014, 09:52:01 am »

So, do I just copy the swim gait tag, only replace the "SWIMMING" with "FLYING", in order to get it to fly at the speed that a normal carp would swim?
Yes that would work. As the standard flying and swim gaits appear exactly the same (just with different movement types) in c_variation_default.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 23, 2014, 11:11:34 am »

Standard:

Training:

Do the shovels appear in the arena? If neither one does you might have forgotten [OBJECT:ITEM] and a text string at the top of the file. If that is the case it might(?) appear in the error log but it is uncertain as the 40.X code has removed many error messages and some things never had them.
If neither is the case I'm sorry.

I definitely have [OBJECT:ITEM] at the top, I also have other items from that file that appear to be available. Additionally, the training shovels appear in the arena. I will, in fact, even get a warning on embarking sometimes that COPPER SHOVELS aren't available, but no mention of wooden or stone shovels.

EDIT: Fort he record, I'm getting nothing in my errorlog.txt except a bunch of stuff about armies that can't march or whatever.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:31:06 am by HelloLion »

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #851 on: August 23, 2014, 12:18:22 pm »

I'm back! Sorry for the spam and thanks for all the help so far. I'll shut up soon.

Does anybody have any idea why this won't work:

And is this even possible? (Yes. I'm trying to make a club out of corpse meat.)

I tried adding CORPSE and CORPSEPIECE to regents, but after looking at the raws for some of the reactions in Genesis it seems like this should work. Unfortunately neither show up in the crafting options.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 23, 2014, 12:40:47 pm »

Why won't my Draconian modded race prefer weapons? They're always wrestlers.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 23, 2014, 12:48:33 pm »

I'm back! Sorry for the spam and thanks for all the help so far. I'll shut up soon.

Does anybody have any idea why this won't work:

And is this even possible? (Yes. I'm trying to make a club out of corpse meat.)

I tried adding CORPSE and CORPSEPIECE to regents, but after looking at the raws for some of the reactions in Genesis it seems like this should work. Unfortunately neither show up in the crafting options.
If they aren't even appearing then you haven't permitted it in the entity or you aren't looking in the craftsdwarf shop (building where it should appear based on BUILDING) or your reaction file is missing the appropriate headers.

Whether it will run as intended I don't know (is corpse club supposed to make meat clubs? you've only specified that it use a corpse's material and it will use the most present IE usually muscle).

Assuming you mean fort mode migrants I can think of 3 reasons.
  • If they don't have weapons they'll default to wrestling in world gen
  • If they can't make weapons, as above (IE no smelting, access to ores/metals)
  • They have natural skill or increased learning of unarmed combat so their wrestling skill is higher than their weapon skill
If you meant in combat/training it is likely just the way that combat/training code works assuming you've assigned and they've actually equipped their weapons (they don't always do so)

[Note: I have not actually looked through your creature or entity, so guesstimations]
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 23, 2014, 12:51:02 pm »

what have i got in my pockets?

(... we're just guessing without the relevant raws)

besides ArKFallens answers, do they have the [EQUIPS] creature token?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 247