Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316645 times)

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1515 on: November 18, 2014, 05:38:38 pm »

How do you make something magma proof i.e. a cave dragon, it keeps melting slowly. Does dragonfire proof not cover magma, nope? How can you change what scales are made of.

What part of the cave dragon is melting? Have you tried changing the melting_point and ignite_point of its body materials?

The head>upperbody>neck>etc. I think the fat, as that is the only thing that missing
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:40:45 pm by locustgate »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 18, 2014, 06:45:54 pm »

How do you make something magma proof i.e. a cave dragon, it keeps melting slowly. Does dragonfire proof not cover magma, nope? How can you change what scales are made of.

What part of the cave dragon is melting? Have you tried changing the melting_point and ignite_point of its body materials?

The head>upperbody>neck>etc. I think the fat, as that is the only thing that missing
Go into the arena, spawn a cave dragon near the magma and take control of it. Then go take a magma bath and wait for the smallest interval possible. You'll get a full description of what is melting, and when, as it happens.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 18, 2014, 07:45:30 pm »

Go into the arena, spawn a cave dragon near the magma and take control of it. Then go take a magma bath and wait for the smallest interval possible. You'll get a full description of what is melting, and when, as it happens.

I'm not getting anything in (a)nnouncment or (r)eport. On a semi related note what affects would there be if I changed an egg shell to ice, would it melt?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 18, 2014, 11:14:08 pm »

I'm not getting anything in (a)nnouncment or (r)eport. On a semi related note what affects would there be if I changed an egg shell to ice, would it melt?
Take control of the cave dragon by targeting in the (k) menu, and hitting (a) to assume control.
Then just sit in the magma and wait a ton, maybe swim around in it a bit. You'll get a message about body parts melting eventually, if they are indeed melting.
Basically, reproduce the situation you're having trouble with and figure out what the exact trouble is.

The egg might melt, if it's in hot enough temperatures to melt. Not sure.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 19, 2014, 04:05:22 am »

What the hell is death_cause=='QUIT'

how can quitting kill people
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 19, 2014, 04:10:15 am »

Starving to death in adventure mode.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 19, 2014, 04:13:54 am »

Starving to death in adventure mode.
Wait, so god-tiers can survive starving to death?
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 19, 2014, 04:15:13 am »

They ought not to starve to death at all.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 19, 2014, 04:25:11 am »

How does onLoad.init works if I, for instance, have several worlds with different RAWs and DFHack scripts? Does it use the one from the save-file?
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 19, 2014, 04:35:58 am »

Yes.

You may want to ask in the DFHack thread.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 19, 2014, 05:01:11 am »

I'll be better off by studying and shamelessly stealing parts of the already existing scripts.
._.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 19, 2014, 07:02:50 am »

I'll be better off by studying and shamelessly stealing parts of the already existing scripts.

Isn't that what everyone does........ ???

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 19, 2014, 09:45:22 am »

Logically speaking, there is at least one guy who actually writes new scripts.
._.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 19, 2014, 10:07:18 am »

Logically speaking, there is at least one guy who actually writes new scripts.
Really? I thought the only source of new code was save corruption induced by cosmic rays...
and although I am, not everyone here is a guy.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 19, 2014, 10:26:17 am »

An actual question that has buggered me for a long time: what exactly does [CDI:FREE_ACTION] tag do?

Namely, if a character has several FREE_ACTION interactions, can it do all of them on the same tick?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:48:36 pm by Sergarr »
._.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 247