Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315517 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1620 on: December 01, 2014, 04:39:58 pm »

In previous versions a child token was necessary as well, but now creatures without a child token will be born as full adults.
Do you know what would have happened back then if only 1 of the 2 castes had the CHILD tag, as it is a caste tag? I don't remember when that was fixed and I'm not sure I want to download moar Dwarf Fortress.

Is anyone still interested in using the VBASE framework to make creatures?
I was going to make a whole file of c_variations for regular modding when I realized that you can't use it to change tissue materials and I was inspired by making metal creatures. Kind of wrecked my sails.
Looked at VBASE and while it wasn't what I was going for (no c_variations using ARGs) it does remind me how much nicer it is to build creature bodies when the part are packaged seperately.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 04:41:53 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 01, 2014, 05:04:08 pm »

Now I remember.  Once I tamed a pair of toads, thinking I might as well get as many as possible since they didn't breed.

Cue the toadsplosion.

Inconspicuous Puny Human

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 02, 2014, 06:48:59 pm »

I couldn't digest the articles on the wiki about interactions and syndromes. Anyone able to give me a laymen's term version? My problem is the basic structure; they're very "fluid" in that they can fit a ton of different roles. For instance I was able to create an interaction to make an item at a custom building but when I wanted to explore the other types of interactions I ran into problems.

Lastcrusader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 02, 2014, 07:44:49 pm »

I have 3 questions

Anyway to make more metal thread? Like example gold clothes if so how?
Anyway to make a reaction to get free candy cloth? I tried copying and pasting candy but changing it to candy cloth just makes generic cloth at work so can't post my reaction
And finally I'm modding my own people crusaders who storm towers and hoard slabs and books of life I'm using candy armor and weapons but wonder if I can make my own crusader armor (done) but as candy has poor crush protection(I think) I wonder if I could change it to make it super armor?
Cheers

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 02, 2014, 07:55:42 pm »

I couldn't digest the articles on the wiki about interactions and syndromes. Anyone able to give me a laymen's term version? My problem is the basic structure; they're very "fluid" in that they can fit a ton of different roles. For instance I was able to create an interaction to make an item at a custom building but when I wanted to explore the other types of interactions I ran into problems.

That was not an interaction, that was a reaction, an entirely different thing.

I have 3 questions

Anyway to make more metal thread? Like example gold clothes if so how?
Anyway to make a reaction to get free candy cloth? I tried copying and pasting candy but changing it to candy cloth just makes generic cloth at work so can't post my reaction
And finally I'm modding my own people crusaders who storm towers and hoard slabs and books of life I'm using candy armor and weapons but wonder if I can make my own crusader armor (done) but as candy has poor crush protection(I think) I wonder if I could change it to make it super armor?
Cheers

1. Yes; in fact, it's pretty easy. Do what you did with the adamantine cloth product, but replace the material with GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE and add a REAGENT called A that is a metal (BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE).
2. Yeah, don't know exactly your problem is. Probably didn't put INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE as the material correctly.
3. Adamantine has absolutely perfect crush protection.

Lastcrusader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: December 02, 2014, 08:18:41 pm »

1. Yes; in fact, it's pretty easy. Do what you did with the adamantine cloth product, but replace the material with GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE and add a REAGENT called A that is a metal (BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE).
2. Yeah, don't know exactly your problem is. Probably didn't put INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE as the material correctly.
3. Adamantine has absolutely perfect crush protection.

Cheers I'm on phone so I write it out it's got caps in appropriate places but it's a pain to do it on iPhone

[reaction:candy_cloth] (used it's actual name)
[name:create candy cloth]
[building:smelter:none]
[product:100:10:cloth:no_subtype:cloth:candy_cloth][product_dimension:150]
[smelter]

I think it's the product line that's wrong? It spits out plain cloth not candy cloth
And if I get it to work I just swap candy for gold?
Is it blunt damage it's weak against or is it perfect already?
Thanks again I'm generally alright at modding just this cloth business got me stumped

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 02, 2014, 08:20:27 pm »

You want INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE, not CLOTH:ADAMANTINE_CLOTH or whatever. The second half is the material, and is independent from the item (which is correct, based on the description of your problem).

Also, the reaction ADAMANTINE_CLOTH can be whatever you wanna call it, heh.

Adamantine is not weak against any damage in particular, it's bad for blunt weapons, not against them.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 02, 2014, 08:26:54 pm »

Is adamantine cloth better at defence than leather clothes? Or are my adamantine cloaks for my elite squad useless? I could use roc leather for their cloaks if there's no difference.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 02, 2014, 08:29:47 pm »

IIRC it might help against slashing weapons, but I'm not sure if that's actually right.

Lastcrusader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 02, 2014, 09:11:02 pm »

Thanks the reaction has worked and makes what it claims to be adamantine cloth but my crafts dwarf wants one unused Adam cloth maybe something's wasn't meant to be 😄 like free Adam clothes
But I just replace the word Adam with gold and that's gold clothes?

Unless instead of inorganic I change it to metal? I shall try that
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:12:56 pm by Lastcrusader »

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 03, 2014, 04:35:27 pm »

Is it still possible to intentionally kill off civs in worldgen?
Gave a race CHILD and LITTERSIZE 100 and MAXAGE 5:5 in the hope they would make a few towns/cities and then die off, dotting the landscape with ruins.
However, they almost always survive for over 200 years - looking through legends, it looks like new members are popping out of the ether to replace the dead.

Is there some way to stop the civ from spawning new members and avoiding extinction?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 03, 2014, 04:37:15 pm »

Thanks the reaction has worked and makes what it claims to be adamantine cloth but my crafts dwarf wants one unused Adam cloth maybe something's wasn't meant to be 😄 like free Adam clothes
But I just replace the word Adam with gold and that's gold clothes?

Unless instead of inorganic I change it to metal? I shall try that

INORGANIC and METAL are synonymous. You should use the former.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 03, 2014, 07:30:11 pm »

Gave a race CHILD and LITTERSIZE 100 and MAXAGE 5:5 in the hope they would make a few towns/cities and then die off, dotting the landscape with ruins.
However, they almost always survive for over 200 years - looking through legends, it looks like new members are popping out of the ether to replace the dead.

Is there some way to stop the civ from spawning new members and avoiding extinction?
[CARNIVORE]?
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: December 03, 2014, 08:22:50 pm »

Why not take away their capability to reproduce and in their entity raws, give them an insanely high starting pop number?
I do stuff, I guess

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 03, 2014, 08:32:26 pm »

[CARNIVORE]?

Carnivores don't seem to die off anymore, several worlds I've genned with my mod have had dingo men civilisations as the dominant lifeform on the planet.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 247