Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315489 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2040 on: January 28, 2015, 04:41:37 pm »

Well, oddly enough...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust the plump helmet! ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: January 28, 2015, 11:43:23 pm »

Thx for clarification. So now I only need a reaction to process the Mandrake Plant into it's parts. Can this also be done within the plant tokens?

I just finished a number of custom reactions involving PLANT_GROWTH items, maybe they can help you.

Many thanks. I have got following questions regarding your nether bush code:

1) For the Use Material Template_Oil Template, you added the lines:

[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:EXTRACT_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:EXTRACT]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SOAP_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SOAP]

Are those lines necessary for processing the oil into soap? I am referring to e.g. the original quarry bush definition, which does not have this tokens and still soap can be processed.

2) Same with this line [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:THREAD]. That one is neither used for Pig Tail, Rope Reed, Cotton, etc. to process them into thread.

3) What's the difference between [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE] and [BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]? Both seem to refer to the main body of the plant. But which one is responsible for what?

4) What's the purpose of the farmer workshop/still/screw press/quern reactions? Are they really necessary to process products as you wish. Or wouldn't it be done because of the Material_Reaction_Products anyway?

I hope you don't take all those questions personally. I just try to get some basic understanding. Things really start to become confusing. XD

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: January 29, 2015, 05:48:39 am »

1) For the Use Material Template_Oil Template, you added the lines:

[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:EXTRACT_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:EXTRACT]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SOAP_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SOAP]

Are those lines necessary for processing the oil into soap? I am referring to e.g. the original quarry bush definition, which does not have this tokens and still soap can be processed.

The second line (SOAP_MAT stuff) is normally attached to the generic PLANT_OIL_TEMPLATE from the very start, so you wouldn't usually need that line, no. The EXTRACT_MAT thing is for a completely different reaction, see question 4.

2) Same with this line [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:THREAD]. That one is neither used for Pig Tail, Rope Reed, Cotton, etc. to process them into thread.
That's a hook for the fancy farmer's workshop reaction, also see question 4. The hardcoded weaver job doesn't look for material reaction products, just a THREAD tag in the thread material.

3) What's the difference between [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE] and [BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]? Both seem to refer to the main body of the plant. But which one is responsible for what?
The USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE imports the basic plant structure material and BASIC_MAT tells the plant what it's principally made of, exactly. You could ignore the first one and have just [BASIC_MAT:INORGANIC:GOLD] to get pretty expensive sprouts.

4) What's the purpose of the farmer workshop/still/screw press/quern reactions? Are they really necessary to process products as you wish. Or wouldn't it be done because of the Material_Reaction_Products anyway?
They do things that the hardcoded "Process Plant (Barrel)" stuff doesn't do, which is find leaves and fruit from/place products inside bags. If you just have a big ol' tomato that you want to extract into I dunno, tomato poison, you need only a single tag in the plant's definition that points to the extract material. Kobold bulbs, valley herbs and sweet pods show how it's done.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:54:03 am by scamtank »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2043 on: January 29, 2015, 11:20:23 am »

I get the "undefined local creature material set to default" errors as well. Just updated to 40.24, now I have a 256kb error log, with a line for each creature:

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature TOAD
undefined local creature material set to default: TOAD LEATHER
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature WORM
undefined local creature material set to default: WORM LEATHER

Even for procedually generated creatures like nightcreatures and divine guardians.

It seems that df 40.24 doesnt like it when I redirect animal mats in body_plan_detail, because I have this entry there:
Code: [Select]
{ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:LEATHER_TEMPLATE}
NO_DIVERSE_LEATHER[ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:LEATHER]

It replaces all "toad leather" and "worm leather" with "animal leather". It worked fine in 40.23. -.-
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: January 29, 2015, 12:15:20 pm »

That error was still around in 0.40.23, it just wasn't shown.

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is the same as ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: January 29, 2015, 12:35:34 pm »

Many thanks. I have got following questions regarding your nether bush code...
You're questions are legitimate, and good ones. I am not an expert coder... so if some of the tokens are
redundant or unnecessary... I wrote them using trial and error, and when I stopped getting error messages
I stopped writing  :P, but as scam tank said, some of the hardcoded reactions don't look for seeds and growths in bags,
so if you want to use bag items they have to have their own custom reaction.
Looking at  raw/objects/material_template_default  file is where you can see which materials have which reaction tokens by default, and so not requierd in your custom reactions.
Thanks scam tank for answering those Qs better than I could(not being sarcastic) , I learned something from them myself :)
BTW Urist their is a dedicated reaction questions thread as well http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110030.0
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:53:05 pm by Snergler »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2046 on: January 29, 2015, 12:38:53 pm »

Putnam: Thanks. Got it fixed, I now do it via tan_mats.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

abysmalduke

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHNIC:NO_FUN:EXILE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: January 29, 2015, 07:56:20 pm »

I'm having an issue with my !!fun!!-machine. Whenever I test it it in arena. It spawns fine, but soon as the game is unpaused. The creature receives a "major injury" where it strips away the ability to stand and walk. Any idea what is causing this? I know about the frequency but it's there for certain reasons. It is basically a mix between hydra, dragon and bronze colossus.

Here is the code...

... and the associated custom bodyparts.

Help really appreciated.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: January 29, 2015, 08:37:30 pm »

It has no THOUGHT part (EG a brain). Either give it one of those or NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT.

abysmalduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: January 30, 2015, 01:13:13 am »

It has no THOUGHT part (EG a brain). Either give it one of those or NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT.

It is actually already there.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: January 30, 2015, 01:15:13 am »

Any errorlog?

abysmalduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: January 30, 2015, 02:23:56 am »

Oh yeah.

Other than that, no line implying about stance, thought and movement.

EDIT: Turns out that I have a duplicate file. And I was editing the wrong one. All sorted out! Silly me.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:36:34 am by abysmalduke »

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: January 30, 2015, 06:21:02 am »

Fiddling around with syndromes a bit, how does one get a specific caste to experience sickness from staying underground for a prolonged period of time?
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: January 30, 2015, 08:15:31 am »

Create an interaction that only the selected caste has, and have them use it on themselves.

Use IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:CREATURE:CASTE to make sure that they only use it on themselves.

Give the interaction [CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:CAVE_ADAPT:min number:max number:REQUIRED]

Replace the min number and max number with the time in ticks. Here are some time examples, if you need them:

100800 (3 months)
201600 (6 months)
302400 (9 months)
403200 (1 year)

The maximum cave adapt number is 800,000 according to the wiki.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: January 30, 2015, 11:50:58 am »

Is the only way to produce a mostly vertical leap the whole directed dust method?

I was trying to figure out if there was any way briefly enable flight gaits, or directly adjust the jumping trajectory shapes, and I did find some x/y/z values linked to jumping tags in gm-editor but I can't see what they do if anything after fiddling with them.

I was trying to see if I could get the game to treat me as a thrown projectile and even pondered some sort of convoluted interaction involving firing something on an upward arc and then some way to swap places and momentum with the projectile... no luck to date.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 247