Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315483 times)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2355 on: April 06, 2015, 01:54:56 am »

What's the token name for the dyer building when using custom reactions? The wiki doesn't seem to list the actual workshop raws as of now.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: April 06, 2015, 02:17:10 am »

You cannot use the dyer building when using custom reactions. You can only use custom workshops, custom furnaces or any building listed here.

FlameandFury

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: April 08, 2015, 07:55:39 pm »

Yeah I kinda suck too. I just modified the goblin so I could try out "goblin fortress".

Weirdoinacup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: April 08, 2015, 08:42:43 pm »

I have a question for race/civ creation. If I want to make two civs constantly at war, would their personality traits (war more favorable and other differences) or their ethics have more to do it with? The wiki says it's the ethics that count more, is that true?

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: April 08, 2015, 09:06:05 pm »

I have a question for race/civ creation. If I want to make two civs constantly at war, would their personality traits (war more favorable and other differences) or their ethics have more to do it with? The wiki says it's the ethics that count more, is that true?
give one the item thief token or baby snatcher token. it makes them hostile to every race without that token
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: April 08, 2015, 09:09:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
my custom race just sat there in fortress mode and after a while i realized that Therapist said they had no grasp or stance body parts. in adv mode they still carry swords and stand up. how do i fix this?
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: April 08, 2015, 09:17:02 pm »

Ethics control laws, personalities affect preferences. Ethics are worth more.

Alternatively, forced factions are possible through the use of the [ITEM_THIEF] and [BABYSNATCHER] tags.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
my custom race just sat there in fortress mode and after a while i realized that Therapist said they had no grasp or stance body parts. in adv mode they still carry swords and stand up. how do i fix this?

Doesn't look like they have a [THOUGHT] type body part. Or a tag that allows them to operate without the ability to think.

Also, with the way you have it set up, only males have attacks or gaits.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: April 08, 2015, 09:30:40 pm »

thanks one again

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: April 09, 2015, 01:05:06 pm »

ok, new problem. the race seems to work well now except that when they sleep, they never wake up. i remove no_exert to no avail.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: April 09, 2015, 02:38:23 pm »

Is this all I need to play as a creature in Adventure Mode?

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:DRAGON_ADV]
[CREATURE:DRAGON]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: April 09, 2015, 02:59:08 pm »

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

you also need a line with [ADVENTURE_TIER:x] where x is a number not used by any other entity in your raws.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: April 09, 2015, 03:09:52 pm »

ok, new problem. the race seems to work well now except that when they sleep, they never wake up. i remove no_exert to no avail.
Take out NO_STUN.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: April 09, 2015, 03:34:46 pm »

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

you also need a line with [ADVENTURE_TIER:x] where x is a number not used by any other entity in your raws.

I don't think you do, as long as you have INDIV_CONTROLLABLE.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: April 09, 2015, 03:38:58 pm »

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

I don't think you do, as long as you have INDIV_CONTROLLABLE.

Really? I had always thought that line was required, but I've never tested without it. So if it isn't required, I stand corrected.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: April 09, 2015, 03:40:26 pm »

Take out NO_STUN.
thank you

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 247