Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315490 times)

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3180 on: August 27, 2015, 05:01:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[BP:UNK:upper neck:STP][CON:LNK][CATEGORY:NECK] -- Switch with Yellow
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]

[BP:LNK:lower neck:STP][CON:UB][CATEGORY:NECK] -- Red should be below this
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]

[BP:HD:head:STP][CON:UNK][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:300]

in your main body (the one possibly mentioned as dupe_ID by BlackFlyme) order of events are key.
You have the upper neck get made, which needs to connect to the lowerneck, BUT the lowerneck has not been defined yet so it's a "floating" or "detached" body part, then you create the lowerNeck (which connects to the UB just fine) then you define the Head which connects to the UNK (upper neck) which that part is detached. Now guess where the BRAIN goes? the HEAD, what is the status of the HEAD? floating next to the body. No Connection, no Brain control, Lungs fail. Suffocation.

EDIT:
I sound rude but not my intention, I just wanted to explain what was happening. I hope this is the issue and your creature will work fine now.

Thank you, that fixed the suffocation issue, and now it actually walks/runs around. However, I've still got bodyparts showing up with names like "Right hand, right lower arm, right upper arm". Any idea what could cause that?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:10:52 pm by ThatZommy »
Er, atleast I think that's right.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: August 27, 2015, 05:54:24 pm »

However, I've still got bodyparts showing up with names like "Right hand, right lower arm, right upper arm". Any idea what could cause that?
The game is trying to tell you where that "Right hand" originates from because you have multiple instances of that BP being placed.
Look at HUMANOID_6ARMS to learn how to avoid that problem.

I think you also have 2 each of "[R/L] lower arm" as when they are placed you have 2 previous [R/L]UA.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: August 27, 2015, 07:06:20 pm »

However, I've still got bodyparts showing up with names like "Right hand, right lower arm, right upper arm". Any idea what could cause that?
The game is trying to tell you where that "Right hand" originates from because you have multiple instances of that BP being placed.
Look at HUMANOID_6ARMS to learn how to avoid that problem.

I think you also have 2 each of "[R/L] lower arm" as when they are placed you have 2 previous [R/L]UA.
Thank you, that worked. I'll also have to do a touch-up on one of my previous mods now that I know what caused the issue. Again, thanks a bunch!

tahu16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: August 30, 2015, 09:08:04 am »

Is there any way to modify the bonuses which are given to the corpses when reanimated?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: August 30, 2015, 10:36:36 am »

Is there any way to modify the bonuses which are given to the corpses when reanimated?
You either turn off all evil biome behavior in custom worldgen and make your own custom regional interactions from scratch, or you patch your executable with some Python scripts.

Necromancers are defined separately, but are otherwise the same deal. Not immediately simple.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: August 30, 2015, 02:27:14 pm »

Any way I could easily get a specific creature to spawn on every embark? I gave the creature the same pop and everything as badgers, since I run into them rather often, but I've only ever seen one spawn. I'm trying to make a zombie mod, so it's rather important that Zombies are common.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: August 30, 2015, 02:53:20 pm »

Ensuring that it has a population in every region would help. High starting populations, large variety of biomes to appear in, and the [UBIQUITOUS] tag to make sure it can appear in every region it can live in.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: August 30, 2015, 04:46:39 pm »

Ensuring that it has a population in every region would help. High starting populations, large variety of biomes to appear in, and the [UBIQUITOUS] tag to make sure it can appear in every region it can live in.
Just made a few worlds and embarked a few times, and still no natural zombies. I set up an interaction so that Zombyism will still be something to worry about, but I'd like for wandering zombies to be common as well. The original idea was to necessitate bunkers, and self-sufficient subterranean fortresses. Any other ideas?
My last resort would be to delete all of the common animals, like Dingoes, Badgers and Elephants, but I'd rather not have to delete creatures.

Here's the biome bit of my zombie, in case I've just been an idiot-

Raised the population quite a bit, just to be sure, but the original was around 10-20, I think.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: August 30, 2015, 05:34:44 pm »

What are the requirements for a weapon to be a possible mood item? Is defining it in the raws enough, or does it need to be used by some entity first?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

pastafriend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: August 30, 2015, 06:07:52 pm »

Can I have multiple CAN_DO_INTERACTIONS in one secret? If so, how?

What are the requirements for a weapon to be a possible mood item? Is defining it in the raws enough, or does it need to be used by some entity first?

I think defining it in the raws is enough.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 06:09:31 pm by pastafriend »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: August 30, 2015, 06:19:54 pm »

If it doesn't have a frequency specified it'll use FREQUENCY:50 which will make it just as likely to appear as every other FREQUENCY:50 creature that can be there.

Can I have multiple CAN_DO_INTERACTIONS in one secret? If so, how?
Yes.
Have a second set of CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION after the first pointing to the other interaction you want the secret bearer to be able to use. IE
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

pastafriend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: August 30, 2015, 06:30:45 pm »

Have a second set of CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION after the first pointing to the other interaction you want the secret bearer to be able to use. IE

Thanks man, what if the second interaction is a material emission  (i.e. fireball thing)? Because just adding the CAN_DO_INTERACTION with a breath attack kind of screws with the other interaction.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 06:32:22 pm by pastafriend »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: August 30, 2015, 06:34:33 pm »

Thanks man, what if the second interaction is a material emission? (i.e. fireball thing)
Then the second one would be something like
as this is an imp's fireball altered for syndromes/interactions.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

pastafriend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: August 30, 2015, 06:39:44 pm »

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: August 30, 2015, 09:22:33 pm »

If it doesn't have a frequency specified it'll use FREQUENCY:50 which will make it just as likely to appear as every other FREQUENCY:50 creature that can be there.

-snip-

Ah, that fixed it. Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 247