Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315480 times)

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3255 on: September 12, 2015, 02:00:42 am »

Why do Plump Helmets have this code:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

when their mushrooms don't seem to show up in the game as separate things (or the main thing eaten)? Just redundant code, or...?
Nothing else uses the MUSHROOM_TEMPLATE, and I don't see how the mushroom is currently accessed by harvesting, gathering, or else.
The silver is responsible for this How?

Catharsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: September 12, 2015, 02:42:44 am »

Why do Plump Helmets have this code:

when their mushrooms don't seem to show up in the game as separate things (or the main thing eaten)? Just redundant code, or...?
Nothing else uses the MUSHROOM_TEMPLATE, and I don't see how the mushroom is currently accessed by harvesting, gathering, or else.

I think the reason is that plants require this tag [STRUCTURAL_PLANT_MAT] to work, and then the mushroom template gives all the specifics to what kind of plant you have. I think dimple cups are missing the mushroom template accidentally, since things like strawberries use the structural plant template, and then use the fruit template, for example. The other mushrooms are "trees" so they use the wood template instead of mushroom.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: September 12, 2015, 05:06:40 pm »

I'm trying to turn one piece of leather into a better piece of leather.  Doesn't seem to be working though.  Dwarfs don't gather the reagent and there's no product afterwards but no other error message.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:QOR_HARDEN_LEATHER]
[NAME:harden leather]
[BUILDING:TANNER:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:leather:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL1]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL2]
[SKILL:TANNER]

What am I doing wrong?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: September 12, 2015, 05:51:13 pm »

Not exactly sure what ANIMAL1 and ANIMAL2 are.

If you are trying to pull specific materials from a creature, the material arguments go CREATURE_MAT:creature ID:material ID

For example, SKIN_TANNED:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:HARDENED_LEATHER would create a tanned skin made from a creature with the ID of ANIMAL, made with a material with the ID of HARDENED_LEATHER that exists in the creature.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: September 12, 2015, 06:02:07 pm »

Not exactly sure what ANIMAL1 and ANIMAL2 are.

If you are trying to pull specific materials from a creature, the material arguments go CREATURE_MAT:creature ID:material ID

For example, SKIN_TANNED:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:HARDENED_LEATHER would create a tanned skin made from a creature with the ID of ANIMAL, made with a material with the ID of HARDENED_LEATHER that exists in the creature.

I have a fake creature named ANIMAL1 and another with ANIMAL2.  It's the method that Accelerated/ModestMod uses to generate generic leather.  I just want to be able to upgrade that leather into something a bit tougher.

ETA:  Adding the material ID fixed it.  Not sure why I forgot it, the wiki tells me to use it D:

Thanks for the help, BlackFlyme.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 06:12:24 pm by qorthos »

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: September 12, 2015, 10:46:45 pm »

For Cooking modding, the current problem I've run into is that, when requiring multiple plant / meat / etc reagents for a task, only one possible ingredient adds its material to a given product. This could let you make a Plump Helmet Salad that cannibalized a stack of 6 Golden Valley Herbs and you wouldn't know it by the item description.

Is there any way to include all of the ingredients in its final form like with what you see in Meals? And what determines whether the value of the multiple ingredients gets added up into the value of the final form?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 04:55:09 pm by Jazzeraint »
The silver is responsible for this How?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: September 13, 2015, 04:23:38 pm »

I was wondering if you changed a MAIL_SHIRT's armor level from 2 to 1, would that make it weaker? I'm not clear as to whether the [ARMORLEVEL:x] token overrules the material strength. Or it really doesn't matter since metal armor always functions as [ARMORLEVEL:2].

Apologies for my [NATURAL_SKILL:IDIOCY:9].

Bosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: September 13, 2015, 05:51:07 pm »

How exactly does  [PERMITTED_REACTION:REACTION_NAME] work exactly? I'm lookng at the default goblin entity, and they are only permitted TAN_A_HIDE and RENDER_FAT, but I know they can make clothing, armor, and weapons. How exactly can I permit only certain reactions to an entity? For example, only allowing goblins to use copper and nothing else.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: September 13, 2015, 05:52:49 pm »

clothing, armor and weapons are not made using reactions

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: September 13, 2015, 05:55:42 pm »

The permitted reaction tag is for allowing reactions found within the raws.

If an entity is allowed a furnace operator profession, then they can smelt ores that can be melted directly into metals, such as copper, iron, or silver. Without the proper reactions, they will not make bronze or steel.

Bosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: September 13, 2015, 06:08:16 pm »

If an entity is allowed a furnace operator profession, then they can smelt ores that can be melted directly into metals, such as copper, iron, or silver. Without the proper reactions, they will not make bronze or steel.

Alright, that makes sense. So could I possibly clone the item_weapon file into item_weapon_custom (fixing names of course), add [ITEMS_WEAPON_CUSTOM] to, say, copper in the inorganic metal file, and then only use the new custom weapons for goblins in the entity_default file? I feel like that won't work since I don't see how you would define a new weapon category... is what I'm trying to accomplish even possible?

EDIT: I see another way to do it, I think. I could use a custom building and reactions and give it only to that civ, and remove furnace operator from permitted jobs. Will this make the fake building show up in populated areas in adventure mode? It seems kind of a hacky workaround. Any advice?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 06:38:40 pm by Bosa »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3266 on: September 14, 2015, 09:14:55 am »

clothing, armor and weapons are not made using reactions

I have been able to create weapons with reactions.
(adventure mode reactions, I missed the post you were replying to, sorry lol)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3267 on: September 14, 2015, 09:26:53 am »

Alright, that makes sense. So could I possibly clone the item_weapon file into item_weapon_custom (fixing names of course), add [ITEMS_WEAPON_CUSTOM] to, say, copper in the inorganic metal file, and then only use the new custom weapons for goblins in the entity_default file? I feel like that won't work since I don't see how you would define a new weapon category... is what I'm trying to accomplish even possible?

EDIT: I see another way to do it, I think. I could use a custom building and reactions and give it only to that civ, and remove furnace operator from permitted jobs. Will this make the fake building show up in populated areas in adventure mode? It seems kind of a hacky workaround. Any advice?

What you're trying to do sounds impossible because as it seems you want to create a new weapon category "[ITEMS_WEAPON_CUSTOM]" which is impossible, for metals it's ITEMS_WEAPON or ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED which is "This metal/inorganic can be use to make XXX type of weapon, which a weapon falls into the category of ITEMS_WEAPON if it just has a SKILL, a weapon with SKILL and RANGED:SKILL:AMMO_TYPE is now ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED"

If you wish to have them only make weapons AND armor from a certain material (copper only) you will need to remove the permitted profession FURNACE_OPERATOR and create a custom reaction (as there is no vanilla one) that has a product of copper bars. Even though they can't smelt, this new reaction (make sure it permit it) will give them the bars they need automatically (Dwarves always have steel and other alloys even if their civ owns land that doesn't have any of the required materials because the reactions have the PRODUCT:METAL_BAR)

Also I don't think I've seen workshops in adv mode, other than in abandoned fortresses (and those are player-made)

EDIT: fun note
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:31:14 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Bosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: September 14, 2015, 12:06:39 pm »

Okay, I've got that working as intended. I have another question though, is there a way I can make my custom reaction require something they normally can not make and still give them the results from it? Say I have a reaction that uses copper and iron bars to create a fictional metal called cupric iron, and I only want them to be able to use the cupric iron in their weapons and armors, but not copper and iron on it's own. Is that possible at all? I'm thinking there might be a very roundabout way of doing it by using fake metal bars, but is there a simple way of doing this?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3269 on: September 14, 2015, 12:16:20 pm »

@Bosa in my wall of text I explained how to do that but I will TL;DR here (not being patronizing or what not, It was alot of text)

--Remove PERMITTED_PROFESSION:FURNACE_OPERATOR (this is prevent smelting of ores, but can still mine, without smelting, no natural metal bars)

++Create Reaction that has the PRODUCT of the metal you want them to use

[REACTION:MAKE_CUPRIC_IRON]
[PRODUCT:100:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:CUPRIC_IRON]

++Add [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_CUPRIC_IRON] (even if they have no access to copper or iron bars, they somehow will always have access to the product from this reaction which means unlimited Cupric Iron bars, so make sure the inorganic has the crafting tags that you want)

?+Optional make other reactions and permit them for the metals they won't be able to smelt but you want them to have still, PRODUCT:100:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:COPPER

It's mainly Entity and Reaction work, with some work for defining any new metal types you want.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 247