Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316739 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3285 on: September 16, 2015, 06:22:28 pm »

Evil is for biome selection for wild animals. Not living prevents reanimation. Opposed to life makes them attack anything that is considered alive. Not 100% sure on everything bloodsucker does.

To make teeth noticeable, change all the 100s in [BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:100:100:100:100:100:100:100] to 110 or higher. As is, all teeth are average size, as they always have a modifier of 100. The middle number is the most common, with each increment to the left or right being progressively less common.

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: September 16, 2015, 06:31:38 pm »

That looks right, the next step is to access the reaction product in a reaction.  I'm on a phone right now, so can't check exactly how the syntax works for that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It creates the product just fine, it just doesn't get stockpiled.[/spoiler]

I think you might be missing some of the following from the normal meat template:

???

Barring another solution, I'm just going to add [CHEESE_CREATURE] to the Smoked Meat material definition.
The silver is responsible for this How?

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: September 16, 2015, 06:43:58 pm »

Evil is for biome selection for wild animals. Not living prevents reanimation. Opposed to life makes them attack anything that is considered alive. Not 100% sure on everything bloodsucker does.

To make teeth noticeable, change all the 100s in [BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:100:100:100:100:100:100:100] to 110 or higher. As is, all teeth are average size, as they always have a modifier of 100. The middle number is the most common, with each increment to the left or right being progressively less common.

and would this do what i hope it will do?

Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID:100:100]
[SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:25:50]

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[ENTERS_BLOOD]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:nocturian blood]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:NOCTURIAN:ALL]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:SEV:100:PROB:25:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:10]
[CE:CREATURE:NOCTURIAN:DEFAULT]
Don't know what to put here... let me know if you have any ideas...

hauntedmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: September 16, 2015, 06:47:05 pm »

So it seems that any creature with a size less than 45k cannot pick up a pick or axe to do work with. Is this true or has something gotten messed up.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: September 16, 2015, 06:56:23 pm »

So it seems that any creature with a size less than 45k cannot pick up a pick or axe to do work with. Is this true or has something gotten messed up.

Picks and axes both have the tag [MINIMUM_SIZE:42500]

hauntedmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: September 16, 2015, 07:51:51 pm »

Ah I see. Interesting.

CulixCupric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: September 16, 2015, 07:53:01 pm »

would it be possible to make a syndrome that transforms victims into statues? thinking of making a gorgon/medusa race...

EDIT: Decided to go with unending paralysis, and added this...

[NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[SPOUSE_CONVERTER]
[LAYS_EGGS]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGGSHELL:SOLID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[EGG_SIZE:3100]
[CLUTCH_SIZE:1:3]
[CASTE:THRALL]
[MALE]
[CONVERTED_SPOUSE]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:23:18 pm by CulixCupric »
Don't know what to put here... let me know if you have any ideas...

Bosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: September 16, 2015, 11:42:38 pm »

would it be possible to make a syndrome that transforms victims into statues? thinking of making a gorgon/medusa race...

EDIT: Decided to go with unending paralysis, and added this...

[NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[SPOUSE_CONVERTER]
[LAYS_EGGS]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGGSHELL:SOLID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[EGG_SIZE:3100]
[CLUTCH_SIZE:1:3]
[CASTE:THRALL]
[MALE]
[CONVERTED_SPOUSE]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]

I posted a similar question a few days ago and didn't get an answer on this either. I'm very curious if we can change tissue compositions via syndrome, if it's even possible. One of my mods I'm working on hinges on this being possible...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: September 16, 2015, 11:45:40 pm »

Doubt it is possible to change the current tissues of a creature, but one thing you can try is to create a transformation syndrome that turns the victim into an immobile "statue" creature, which has flesh of stone.

Bosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: September 17, 2015, 12:01:17 am »

Doubt it is possible to change the current tissues of a creature, but one thing you can try is to create a transformation syndrome that turns the victim into an immobile "statue" creature, which has flesh of stone.
Part of my mod relies on the fact that it is the same creature, unfortunately. Is changing caste possible on a creature?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: September 17, 2015, 12:05:47 am »

Yep.

Bosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: September 17, 2015, 12:10:34 am »

Yep.

Could you elaborate on that? Also, is it just changing caste or is it turning a creature into a new creature of a specific caste, because that won't work for my purposes either... I think. Doesn't that give you a new randomized version of the old creature? Also how does that effect naming?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: September 17, 2015, 12:18:29 am »

You change the creature into a specified creature and caste defined within the transformation syndrome.

For example, a werebeast's bite carries this effect:
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:16800]
[CE:CREATURE:WEREBEAST:DEFAULT]
[CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE:27:0]

So the syndrome will not take effect for 16800 ticks. The creature that the target turns into is defined by its creature ID, followed by its caste ID. If there are no castes, then you would just put DEFAULT instead. The periodic argument isn't necessary, and in this case is for ensuring that the transformation only takes place during a full moon.

Though do note that a transformation lasts until a defined END point, so if your syndrome has no end, then the transformation is permanent. Without DFHack, a creature cannot be transformed again while currently under the effects of another transformation syndrome.

Names will still be the same, though body attributes may be different. This may include age.

Bosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: September 17, 2015, 12:30:59 am »

You change the creature into a specified creature and caste defined within the transformation syndrome.

For example, a werebeast's bite carries this effect:
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:16800]
[CE:CREATURE:WEREBEAST:DEFAULT]
[CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE:27:0]

So the syndrome will not take effect for 16800 ticks. The creature that the target turns into is defined by its creature ID, followed by its caste ID. If there are no castes, then you would just put DEFAULT instead. The periodic argument isn't necessary, and in this case is for ensuring that the transformation only takes place during a full moon.

Though do note that a transformation lasts until a defined END point, so if your syndrome has no end, then the transformation is permanent. Without DFHack, a creature cannot be transformed again while currently under the effects of another transformation syndrome.

Names will still be the same, though body attributes may be different. This may include age.

That's what I thought, shame. I was planning something similar to CulixCupric, where the creature turns to stone, but in my version of Gorgons I was going to make the actual paralysis with a very small chance to resist, so that very rarely you get a heavy duty stone dwarf instead of a useless living immobile statue. I thought about doing this with a stone caste, but it will make a very different looking dwarf, even if named the same, unfortunately.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: September 17, 2015, 08:01:37 am »

That's what I thought, shame. I was planning something similar to CulixCupric, where the creature turns to stone, but in my version of Gorgons I was going to make the actual paralysis with a very small chance to resist, so that very rarely you get a heavy duty stone dwarf instead of a useless living immobile statue. I thought about doing this with a stone caste, but it will make a very different looking dwarf, even if named the same, unfortunately.
With enough DFHack, you could change all of the attributes to match the old ones (though you might want to skip the skin color).  There are actual descriptors and also some data about genetics that affect offspring.  If the stone caste is sterile you don't need to worry about genetics, but you also lose control over the pronoun used in flavor text.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 247