Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315506 times)

Forwe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3540 on: November 02, 2015, 10:06:53 am »

Nevermind, fixed it on my own
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:47:57 pm by Forwe »

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: November 02, 2015, 11:31:52 am »

oh, I thought that their might have been a REMOVE_SYNDROME tag or something to the effect of but I will look into overridding the transformations with a different type of transformation unless the were's berserk tag can be removed. but then that leaves the vampires can they even get the were syndrome?
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: November 02, 2015, 11:40:55 am »

Does CHILDNAME (caste) override GENERAL_CHILD_NAME? The wiki says its the general child name applied regardless of caste, so I'm not too sure what to think here.

yes

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: November 02, 2015, 11:05:55 pm »

is their something in the raws that I can change that would increase a dwarfs chance of surviving getting drank (drink, drunk, dring?) by a vampire or is it completely hard-coded, I didn't see anything that screamed blood volume looking at the dwarven creature raws.
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: November 02, 2015, 11:10:24 pm »

The amount of blood a creature has corresponds with their size. Larger creatures have more blood.

Vampire behaviour is hardcoded, though there may be something you could do using syndrome counter-triggers. Not sure what though, as counter-triggers that touch on blood drinking is only capable of affecting the vampire, with the triggers being how long they will be drinking blood for once they started, and how long since they last drank blood.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: November 02, 2015, 11:15:00 pm »

okay I just might try to do some science as soon as I can find a vampire in my fort, body size is something that I wouldn't need to regen right?

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: November 03, 2015, 02:22:14 pm »

Good information here -- my thanks to the community.  Another question have I if indulged I may be. 

Have the mood triggers changed?  I know that back in the day, a certain amount of underground tiles had to be dug out to trigger the next mood/artifact.  I have also read the population of 20 is required.  I know we can't mod out moods directly, but at least at that point in time(a few years ago) it could be done indirectly by either keeping the population small or not digging enough underground to trigger the next mood. 

Is this still the case, or has something changed? 

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: November 03, 2015, 03:44:57 pm »

IIRC you can mod out moods entirely thru the raws, but it is an on/off thing.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: November 03, 2015, 03:49:12 pm »

Hmm.  If so I'd be very interested in how to do that, I've read elsewhere(not sure where, can't find the link right offhand) that you can't and haven't found anywhere in my own searching through them that it can be done.  Only thing I've seen is the TRANCE token which has apparently only affected martial trances, not moods, for some time now. 

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: November 03, 2015, 04:53:43 pm »

Pretty sure it is an option in one of the .ini files, which is somewhere in the data folder, not the raws folder. On phone, so I can't actually check at the moment.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: November 03, 2015, 04:57:32 pm »

I believe you're looking for [ARTIFACTS:YES] in d_init.txt
It was untied from those arbitrary requirements and the raws quite some time ago, indeed.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: November 04, 2015, 02:45:23 am »

Thank you!  That's pretty huge information as it gives me the right direction for how to approach things. 

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: November 04, 2015, 07:26:05 am »

Is there any way to make projectiles unavoidable or at least stupidly hard to avoid? I'm adding some custom historical firearms and, you know, jumping away from a musket ball is pretty much impossible :P

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: November 04, 2015, 08:58:48 am »

So I haven't really played 0.40.xx except for a quick try when it was new, and was wondering what raw mods people are still doing to fix little quirks of the game.

Things that I used to change the raws for, that seem to be fixed by Toady in various stages of 0.40 are:
  • Turtles and tortoises should appear now; I used to add [LARGE_PREDATOR] to them iirc
  • Both egg-layers and non-egg-layers (they were fixed separately) can now breed even if they don't have a baby/child state listed; I used to add this for some creatures, e.g. GCS
  • Large grazers won't starve to death anymore?
  • Toady fixed material values for obsidian
  • Someone mentioned alphabetizing stones in the raws, I don't think I ever did it, but it seems Toady did in 0.40.15

Then of course there's some other stuff I occasionally added to the raws that was decidedly not just bugfixes, like more stones available for stone tools, and the stone tools&weapons themselves: axes, pickaxes and maces iirc. I think I also added some sharpness/edge tag to more stone types, so stuff other than obsidian could be used for this. But probably best to ignore those for now.

Things that I think are not yet fixed:
  • All animals just giving one skin and thus one leather when butchered? I used to do the leather-is-globs edit to fix/get around this.
  • Scales, chitin, feather still aren't really usable? I think the Modest Mod fixes this, and I used to do some stuff for this, e.g. add [PEARL] to feather or something, and enable tanning scales into leather somehow.
  • Can larger dwarves (62500+?) now wield 2h weapons like halberds, great axes and 2h swords correctly? The bug was that the "can I wield this" check checked average size for the race, even though size of the individual would make more sense, and that's what the "can I wield this in 1 hand instead of 2" check looked for. The workaround was to reduce the "can wield" size to 60000 i.e. average dwarf size.

tl;dr: Toady has fixed a bunch of stuff during 0.40 that used to require raw modding to work around it, if you wanted e.g. to breed GCS. What raw mods do you feel are still necessary?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3554 on: November 05, 2015, 06:38:28 am »

Is there any way to make projectiles unavoidable or at least stupidly hard to avoid? I'm adding some custom historical firearms and, you know, jumping away from a musket ball is pretty much impossible :P
A high skill on the shooter should make the dodging harder. Could make the shooter-skill level up very rapidly, to reflect how easy musket is compared to bow.
Also can command that the dodging skill goes up very slowly, and decays quickly. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Skill#Skill_rust
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 247