Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: DF2014 fresh out of release screenshot share thread  (Read 24233 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 fresh out of release screenshot share thread
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2014, 08:58:03 am »

Looks like the Stealth game has been improved

fun to move stealthly (i had some decent Ambusher skill, maybe that helped too) in that camp, trying to avoid the goblin guards spotting you and slay that goblin boss after approaching from his back :)

I was worried my companion (a human crossbowman) would get silly charging and alerting everything, but it seems he's respected the stealth approach too, and we could leave the bandit camp without any trouble, looks like the goblin boss didn't had time to scream and alert the guards.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2014, 09:00:18 am »

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

Attempting suicide before it was cool.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2014, 09:14:54 am »

Flowers!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The entire corner of my map is covered in mountain avens.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:57:13 am by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2014, 09:16:15 am »

I just got spat on for killing a vampire who had killed more than three hundred people. And that spit was just counted as fighting, alarming one guy.
Like the post before me, people seem to attack themselves. In a time before time. The year is actually 125, so that's not right. Probably a bug, but I have no idea what causes it.

EDIT: Just noticed that everyone is flashing red, so they probably would be hostile if they knew who I am. I think I might have picked a wrong dialogue choice somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:19:02 am by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

jimjulius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2014, 09:49:33 am »

Like the post before me, people seem to attack themselves. In a time before time. The year is actually 125, so that's not right. Probably a bug, but I have no idea what causes it.

It's DF's version of original sin.

The W axis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2014, 10:01:00 am »

Looks like the Stealth game has been improved

fun to move stealthly (i had some decent Ambusher skill, maybe that helped too) in that camp, trying to avoid the goblin guards spotting you and slay that goblin boss after approaching from his back :)

I was worried my companion (a human crossbowman) would get silly charging and alerting everything, but it seems he's respected the stealth approach too, and we could leave the bandit camp without any trouble, looks like the goblin boss didn't had time to scream and alert the guards.

The new stealth is my favorite thing about .40 so far! I came upon a huddled pack of vultures where each member was facing a different way and they together had a 360° line of sight. Different kinds of animals have different FoVs too.

I killed several of them and it hasn't made a difference, I will try killing more to see if that fixes the problem

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2014, 10:17:16 am »

Yes, i was surprised to see how much awesome the new stealth is, i thought i would just love the climb/jump new mechanics, but stealth is going to be my favorite feature now.

As my character found himself an unfortunate demise at drowning when trying to cross a river ( next time i'll give another level of skill in swimming as novice was obviously ... not enough :D ) i decided to roll a new one and make him a bowman to see if the stealth could apply to hunting.

It was soon enough that i ran into 2 "kestrel men" , and stealth moving into their back, i shot them both , making them fall on the ground in pain (and to my surprise they actually complained, didn't knew i could understand their language). I then moved quickly for the kill with a large dagger and proceeded to stab them (using the "heavy" but slower blow method).

But it appears that stabbing kestrel men in the neck, in the upper body and in the head does not really kill them, sure it make them slowly dying, but it bothered me a bit that i couldn't mercy kill them fast.

Then a 3rd kestrel man i didn't noticed started to panic a lot, as while i was still in stealth, i saw him running around, looking in various directions, confirming that my worry about the AI unable to hear and go alert were unfounded as the guy was obviously aware something bad was around.

Unfortunately for him, my character one shotted him with an arrow directly through the brain.
And finally the 2 other kestrels accepted to die and provided me with good food after butchering, allowing me to not worry to much for a while about hunger thanks to them.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2014, 10:24:22 am »

As my character found himself an unfortunate demise at drowning when trying to cross a river ( next time i'll give another level of skill in swimming as novice was obviously ... not enough :D ) i decided to roll a new one and make him a bowman to see if the stealth could apply to hunting.

Eh... I jumped into a river with my adventurer. Legendary swimmer. Broke his feet, bruised lung and tore open his mouth (more open?). Unconsciously drifted to the bottom of a waterfall. No bleeding, just "Mortal Wound" and "Pain". Killed an alligator. (Tried spitting, but didn't hurt it). Swam a bit more, fell down another waterfall. Just stunned. Two more. The last one was larger. Unconscious until drowned.
Thing is, I couldn't climb out while not standing and I found no way out. Seems like rivers are too dangerous to tempt.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2014, 10:36:27 am »

So, I spawn in the house of the lady. With good reason, since the rest of the town is entirely deserted. I find two guardsmen and recruit them
I go back and attack the lady because I made a claim and behead her, then become ruler!

In panic one of the priests yelled out that there was a vampire that killed two thousand two hundred thirteen people. No wonder that the town is deserted.

BONUS:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:39:23 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2014, 10:52:16 am »

So I started playing as a dwarven demigod and ended up in an underground fortress.
While wandering around the fortress trying to look for someone to murder in a relatively isolated area, I stumble upon the king of the place, Zefon Doorroot. I try to strangle him but he proves too difficult for that, so I just hack his head off and move his corpse elsewhere (and butcher it trying to throw a piece of it into a populated room but nobody seemed to care).

I then proclaim myself as the new ruler of the site and call it Boatmurdered. Just because.
Now I was going around telling my new people the news and this is what I heard them talking about.

(Bombrek is me, Zefon was the former king.)
Yeah, you're a little angry for that?

Ah, Dwarf Fortress. Where people get mildly upset about their kings' deaths...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:58:56 am by DarkDXZ »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2014, 11:14:18 am »

And I've already accepted 4-5 quests against beasts while trying to find one with a vampire. And also accepted one for one army.
Not a boring life, I guess?

No idea why an elf lady is the leader of the human town though. She was a butcher for 246 years of her life previously. 125 year world. Not bad.

I am also her hearthperson, and she says I should enjoy these times of peace. She doesn't seem worried about bandits, beasts, armies, vermin, abductions and whatever else.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:25:12 pm by Wimopy »
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2014, 11:23:53 am »

After my previous food hunting that ended with finding and killing some kestrel men , i got some kestrel food out of the butchering.

Later i ran into 2 louse men that i managed to find actually by the odor .

I shot them with arrows and charged with my large dagger.
The first one fell with a stab, the  2nd one managed to run, so i ran after the creature and when i finally catched up i decided to try to use a wrestling grab to see if it could help with making the stab more efficient (as on the kestrel men it was too long) to not make the louse man suffer more.

Unfortunately i grabbed the louse man with the hand i had the dagger on, i didn't notice until i decided to strike, and ... well ...

:D

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2014, 11:30:21 am »

So this is the message you can see in Legends after viewing a fort you've retired. Apparently shortly after this the fortress was crumbled by zombie elfs.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:33:04 am by Caz »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2014, 11:55:03 am »

So this is the message you can see in Legends after viewing a fort you've retired. Apparently shortly after this the fortress was crumbled by zombie elfs.

That's hilarious. I'm guessing you were in an evil biome? I wonder if it has different messages for different biomes or different states of wealth/population.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2014, 12:10:24 pm »

Yeeessssss... Stab him with the man meat...
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12