Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 243748 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #840 on: August 26, 2014, 03:50:53 pm »

*reads back*
But Toaster only has Autos.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 26, 2014, 03:51:49 pm »

He described NQT's auto as one that let him decide how things based on 'luck' worked.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 26, 2014, 03:52:16 pm »

Okay, done my first read, have a couple things for Cheeetar before I go back for my second (as my attention was almost entirely drawn to the flabort incident this time)

Quote from: Cheeetar
Persus13, it was me or Flabort and I had a very small window of time in which to decide. I'm incredibly glad he ended up not being town.
Also: huzzah for no night deaths! We're doing something right.

4mask, your input for the night is a... Vote then an immediate unvote? :(
Both of these sound like you trying to ingratiate yourself to the town.

What is your wincon?
All anti-town factions dead.
I see desperation, but not suspicion (is it possible to suspect yourself?) It was a choice between me (a confirmed townie to myself) and Shakerag dying. In such a time pressured moment, I didn't at all feel comfortable saying 'yes okay let's let any one person decide who should die here.'

Quick hammering Shakerag wasn't necessary for me to win, but it sure seems like it helped!
The sk ally is a dude who's trying to help the sk, so he's anti-town. By getting rid of him we're one step closer to winning.
I claim no responsibility for preventing deaths this night, nor do I claim to have no responsibility :D

And uh, congratulations on losing the miller?
Unless I'm really missing something, you're contradicting yourself here.

Now for Read 2: Electric Boogaloo.

PPE: I love Toasters night-game lockdown idea. Rob the mafia and SK of their primary weapons forevermore. Just make sure that the 50/50 chance of the ability going away swings correctly as well.

Tiruin: One of Toaster's autos rigs probability-based events.

Did your panic ability affect you as well?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 26, 2014, 03:54:51 pm »

That night, Tiruin actioned me as well, and was de-millered, which is now confirmed by a dead townie. Thus, Tiruin is definitely not scum and very likely town.
Also, whoever targeted me, I'm sorry about that. Unless of course it's a horse. Then just keep it.
<.<
What's all this about?
Waitaminute. I knew something wasn't in my post.

TolyK.
I never targeted you. I hit Cheeetar and Flabort.

Tiruin: One of Toaster's autos rigs probability-based events.

Did your panic ability affect you as well?
I understand myself to not fear myself.
Meaning Nup. Doesn't affect me.

Also then what did he mean by locking the night? Did I miss that?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 26, 2014, 03:56:41 pm »

Hi UI! I'll make this a quick response, because I have to leave really soon (5 minutes!)

If all anti-town factions are dead, the sk-ally being dead is necessary for me to win. Quick hammering him wasn't the only way to accomplish this, though. He coulda been lynched at a later date, or after a lengthy mediated discussion by town, scum, and third parties in which no single person decided to lynch either of the two people who could've been quicklynched (Irony Owl's solution.)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 26, 2014, 03:57:07 pm »

Jeeeze I wish I could respond to that post Tiruin. Exciting! I will post from Uni if I can >.>
I've played some mafia.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 26, 2014, 04:02:01 pm »

Also then what did he mean by locking the night? Did I miss that?
Toaster has claimed an auto (specifically, the one he stole from NQT's corpse) that lets him decide the outcome of chance-based events. Theoretically, he could use this power to prevent anyone except you (because you're not panicked) from acting, as well as preventing the panic effect from wearing off.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 26, 2014, 04:04:39 pm »

Ah, good.  Now that Tiruin's here, it's time to start revealing some stuff.

Tiruin: You received powers N1 and N2, yes?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 26, 2014, 04:07:12 pm »

Ah, good.  Now that Tiruin's here, it's time to start revealing some stuff.

Tiruin: You received powers N1 and N2, yes?
. . .No.
Err, wait, unless you include the Filler Ability, yeah.

N2?
*checks*
Nup.

However stuff did happen in regard to what I did.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 26, 2014, 04:12:37 pm »

Not the answer I was expecting.

Tiruin: Do you have any power, or did you have any power during N2, that would have interfered with powers aimed at you?
I can talk about my power loss though. It a oneshot kill that ignore protect. it was stolen last night.
Varee: You omitted something here.  Why did you choose to lose the oneshot kill?

TolyK: Did you choose to lose a power called "Filler Ability" N1?  If not, what power did you choose to lose?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 26, 2014, 04:16:32 pm »

First off,you are right, Toasty. It does not reveal the full role. Reveals one of the character abilities. Hopefully the relevants ones.

Got a few questions for you Toaster

Does your ''decide luck'' thing allow you to both increase the chance to 100% and Keep it going at the same time ?If yes that would be very, strong. Also, does it affect only you ? Could use it to look for kill abilities. I doubt it, but never hurt to ask.

And, i'll have to vote Tiruin. That ability is better serving the scum. They don't need fancy things, when they can just nightkill easily while town/sk has trouble doing anything.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 26, 2014, 04:50:04 pm »

Not the answer I was expecting.

Tiruin: Do you have any power, or did you have any power during N2, that would have interfered with powers aimed at you?
None at all.
I don't have anything to interfere with anything aimed at me :P

And, i'll have to vote Tiruin. That ability is better serving the scum. They don't need fancy things, when they can just nightkill easily while town/sk has trouble doing anything.
Oooo, interesting! :O
Explain.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 26, 2014, 05:39:24 pm »

So: provided Toaster is able to (and willing to as survivor) we can effectively skip the night phase for everyone but Tiruin. This is really neat.

Toaster: Would you ask Webadict for the necessary clarification on how NQT's auto works?

Tiruin: I would see your activation of that power as scummy (causing mass confusion and reducing a lot of things to chance generally helps out the informed minority rather than town) were it not for Toaster's auto. Did you at all consider this when you activated it? Or: did you even know it would do what it did?

TolyK: Were you claiming to be certain that Tiruin had actioned you, or was that conjecture based on her loss of her miller auto?
I've played some mafia.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 26, 2014, 06:04:14 pm »

I dont believe NQT ability will affect everyone. If it really affect every one then toaster can pretty muchlockdown the   game. He can make all action fail and all panics never disappear and tirurin filler activating every night. That sound ridiculously op. Toasterabout  my auto i what i meant is if i die and yo get it, you can pretty much get any power you want every night as if you can choose randomness you can choose to target yourself and then choose what random power which sound op too. So something is not right about that power...... Or maybe it should never be on the same person as my auto.

Jack: so it is you who take my power? Anyway back to the point, as i have answer the rvs about one shot, it is really hard for me to decide to use it so i just let it go. What are you planning to do with that power?

Also i believe that panic is about as benificial to towns as it is to mafia. It make the chance that they might be no kill tonight but it also hamper the power on investigative role. So what do you guys think? Does panic help town of mafia?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 26, 2014, 06:25:21 pm »

It certainly doesn't help your grammar.

The way I see it, there are a few ways this could go:

a) Tiruin is town. Everyone except her is affected.
b) Tiruin is scum. Everyone except her is affected.
c) Tiruin is scum. Everyone except scum is affected.
d) Tiruin is the SK. Everyone except her is affected.

If Toaster's ability works like I hope it does, then scenario C is the only case where the scum can act, and even then the cat'll be out of the bag after that night and Toaster can clear it the next night, unless the scum pretend it's B and have a nasty surprise planned.

However, keep in mind that Web's games, while crazy with powers, generally don't have game breakers, as he puts in a lot of effort into making sure there's no way to completely crush the setup (and thus ruin the fun of the whole game). Someone opposed to Tiruin probably has abilities that can't fail or something. Or maybe they have an ability that prevents them from gaining abilities, which would mean they aren't panicked.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 123