Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 244595 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #930 on: August 27, 2014, 05:04:35 pm »

Level 1, straight 3 ability wizard weak

Is that 4th ed D&D ? I swear you young ones with you newfangled systems.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 27, 2014, 05:10:08 pm »

Never seen you talk so much, tho. Is it because i kicked the hornet nest ? Can't handle having a vote on you? Classic Scum
...You've a real jaded viewpoint on someone who is active enough to post at this time.
Dear goodness. You disappoint me :/

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 27, 2014, 05:12:39 pm »

Try playing instead of patronising.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 27, 2014, 05:15:05 pm »

Same to you.

I've answered your questions--you didn't give it any care at all and just kept doing what you were doing despite there already being an answer.

You aren't concerned, are you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 27, 2014, 05:16:25 pm »

I mean, given that the matter is done--what is your expected answer then?

You never answered 'what makes a power "town"', scumbag.

If only you could be more detailed than to speak in brevity, it would be a much better way of discourse here.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 27, 2014, 05:30:43 pm »

If i wanted to speak brevily, i would've

I explained, the same thing, 3 times,

I'll try to do basic logic items, maybe that will help you

If You and NQH Town, then Scum is affected by panic, then Toaster can completely lockdown the night, No Nightkill = Overpowered, game broken to bits.
If you scum , NQH Town, then panic unlikely to affect you/the scum. Scums keep killing power, NQH can lockdown everyone else. Game not broken to hell.

This is circonstantial and uses meta analysis. The fact that voting you made you OMGUS me is only reinforcing it. And i'll verify my claim during the night barring Toaster intervention.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 27, 2014, 05:33:16 pm »

...Err.
So not having a nightkill for scum is overpowered?

This is circonstantial and uses meta analysis. The fact that voting you made you OMGUS me is only reinforcing it.
No, an OMGUS is subjective by perception. I voted you--initially, to get you talking (as a sort of emphasis or leverage vote). What else is left as interpretation by the viewer.

Now it's sticking due to...how you interpret everything, really. Though I'm wavering on the point of you being scum--possibly the SK or someone pretty stressed out.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 27, 2014, 05:35:38 pm »

There's a lot of ad hominem and baseless banter going on here.

Peeps need to calm down a hair. Especially you, MBP. There's no reason to belittle other players because you disagree or, worse, you don't accept their answers. Keep in mind that Toaster is a third-party. If he's allied with the town, he sets himself up to be nightkilled, especially if Tiruin is lynched or something else counters either of their powers.

The ability is only potentially overpowered if two alignments come together in a way that is slightly disadvantageous to one.

Do you understand now?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 27, 2014, 05:41:30 pm »

MBP: I can understand your belief that Webadict would only gift that kind of power to a scum/third party. However, Tiruin can't really answer that or defend the abilities she has in any way because she didn't choose to be given them, and your badgering has well passed the point of being really rude. Do you expect Tiruin to explain why Webadict would give her these powers? Also, did you really just claim alignment investigator?

Tiruin, do you know ahead of time what powers you get at 'X' amount of players?

PFP.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 27, 2014, 05:46:19 pm »

Tiruin, do you know ahead of time what powers you get at 'X' amount of players?
Yes.
But it is situational :x
Like 'when the # of players is >[certain number], you can [do ability]; when # of players is <[certain #]...'
The number is the same value here.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 27, 2014, 05:47:14 pm »

Are you SERIOUSLY asking this ?

Yes
Yes it is.

Also an OMGUS is not perception. I voted you, you came right back with a vote. That's an OMGUS. Deny it if you want, it is.
Scripten

The whole fucking point is that if Tiruin was town, There would NOT have been any disadvantages. Toaster power was NQH power at the start, who is a confirmed townie.  Can't you see ?
Even if NOW its a 3rd party that got it, the fact that both powers would be owned by townies at the start makes it at the very least unlikely unless Wubbah got hit on the head and decided to give town an easy win.

Furthermore,
If he's allied with the town, he sets himself up to be nightkilled,
depends on the source of the panic. He's setting himself to be killed IF scum can NK, which would need Tiruin to be town. ANd in any case, Tiruin is not necessary anymore. Now that the panic is on,  he just need to keep it going. It's all Toaster game now.

Cheetar

No, i'm an ability cop. I've claimed and proved it with Toaster ''Lawless Scavenger''. COnsidering her 1 shot is done, i doubt ill need mroe than 1-2 night to see if there are nightkills in there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 27, 2014, 05:51:18 pm »

Are you SERIOUSLY asking this ?

Yes
Yes it is.
Yes. I am seriously asking that. Because it gives detail to my knowledge of who you are.

Thank you.

Also an OMGUS is not perception. I voted you, you came right back with a vote. That's an OMGUS. Deny it if you want, it is.
. . .I'm judging what an OMGUS is by added reference to the meaning of it in the BM.
Meaning: There's a meaning of OMGUS. Oh My God You Suck.
And there're added connotations beneath the word, hence why I'm arguing it isn't an OMGUS in that form. :I
Voting someone back with a vote doesn't necessarily mean OMGUS, unless there is no reason at all for the vote to exist, if only to just 'vote' back the person voting them for arbitrary value.

...That isn't why I voted you.

The whole fucking point is that if Tiruin was town, There would NOT have been any disadvantages
. Toaster power was NQH power at the start, who is a confirmed townie.  Can't you see ?
Even if NOW its a 3rd party that got it, the fact that both powers would be owned by townies at the start makes it at the very least unlikely unless Wubbah got hit on the head and decided to give town an easy win.
wat.
So you're judging me because...well, emphasis on the orange part, it's very jaded.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 27, 2014, 05:52:15 pm »

When someone votes you with a weak case like yours it's not an OMGUS. It's somebody voting you for a weak case.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 27, 2014, 05:54:08 pm »

Keep defending your hubby, Nerjin,

Yes, i'm judging you because you being town means Wubbah is a crazy. I've played many wubbah game, he's not a crazy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 27, 2014, 05:58:08 pm »

And to clarify--as said before, there...are no disadvantages presented. It's a one-shot. Activates only if 13 people are alive. I'm not affected. Unsure if there're any immunities to it as that's all I've been told. It gives Panicked (of which I'm sure you all are aware), which is pretty much a mirror ability of Filler Ability (which is TolykK's ability, of whom I really want to hear from I:).

I've already detailed why I chose to shoot it off (which would pretty much explain everything you've been accusing me of, Puppet.) instead of not shooting it off. Here.

I am surprised why you didn't make that a single point in your case...puppet.
instead, you made something...wholly unrealistic as your case. I mean, sure, I understand that case of perceived imbalance, and its only now that I'm beginning to get your standpoint, sans all the useless crap added onto it with the fucking and the expletives.

Now about the disadvantages though...

What disadvantages are you talking about?

Keep defending your hubby, Nerjin,

Yes, i'm judging you because you being town means Wubbah is a crazy. I've played many wubbah game, he's not a crazy.
:3
He's crazy then.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 123