Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 357596 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1305 on: April 06, 2015, 01:35:08 pm »

That's kind of boring though, seeing as this is a game all about asymmetrical powers and factions, at least when it comes to good-evil.
That is what the suggestion essentially is though... 
If you want to go elsewhere with the thing, an Agent victory could give the Primal of Artifice life.  Allow it to walk the land... and I guess in overwhelming victory mode, follow the agent around/become a minion.  And pyrrhic victory, it'll go off to do its own things, creating awesome yet terrifying weaponry and equipment with its own hands... and I guess gain a cult following of craftspeople/worshippers toiling endlessly for whatever its goals are, in hopes of gaining its blessings/strange moods.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:44:40 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 06, 2015, 01:36:50 pm »

I'd think spawning a Lesser Evil would be the most fitting. It's probably not such an immediate gain to the Old One, but then again, plopping down another Dwarf Hold might not be such an immediate gain to the alliance, so at least they're matching.

Morbid curiosity, just because we're not completely familiar with the systems...

If this Primal does make it into the game in this form, the Alliance does does claim it - or whatever the proper phrasing for that is - but at the time the Dwarves are staunchly anti-Alliance, do the dwarves just get another hold and the Alliance is still deprived of it? Because that would be amusing.

And personally, the chance of a pyrhhic victory is actually kinda exciting to me. If solely because that alone actually captures the DF feel more than anything else :\
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #1307 on: April 06, 2015, 03:15:23 pm »

I'd think spawning a Lesser Evil would be the most fitting. It's probably not such an immediate gain to the Old One, but then again, plopping down another Dwarf Hold might not be such an immediate gain to the alliance, so at least they're matching.

Morbid curiosity, just because we're not completely familiar with the systems...

If this Primal does make it into the game in this form, the Alliance does does claim it - or whatever the proper phrasing for that is - but at the time the Dwarves are staunchly anti-Alliance, do the dwarves just get another hold and the Alliance is still deprived of it? Because that would be amusing.

And personally, the chance of a pyrhhic victory is actually kinda exciting to me. If solely because that alone actually captures the DF feel more than anything else :\

This is actually a major part of learning how to win TWS - you can't oppose every Gold Campaign that pops up so you need to try and minimize/neutralize the impact of a Heroic Victory.  So even if the Dwarfs gain a new legendary Clanhold perhaps you've already worked to drive a wedge between Dwarfs and Humans which would make them much less likely to help the Alliance, or if you now that Dwarfs will be a major enemy you can work to bolster underground enemies or prepare an army capable of defeating Dwarfs.
That Which Sleeps
IndieDB| Website | Twitter

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 13, 2015, 09:33:28 am »

There's a new race poll going on on the forums. The choices are between the Minotars and Dhaath who have been present in earlier polls and a newcomer:

The Yizrii

Long thought to be a race of solitary hunters and mystics, the insectoid Yizrii emerged en masse from their long hibernation to quickly re-establish themselves as a world power. Attempts at diplomacy proved fruitless at first, the strange creatures passed through great periods of isolation only to explode outward without warning, moving as a swarm to claim and ravage an area before constructing enormous complex organic structures within the newly Harvested area. In time relations would develop between the Yizrii and the other races, and some measure of peace was established - though few truly know what occurs within the "Gardens" they tend or when the next Frenzy will occur.

Sample Classes

Yizrii Tonal - Yizrii utilize crystals they grow to regulate their society, soothing their impulses as well as granting them a modicum of power that the crystals inherit from the depths. A Tonal specializes in the evolution of crystals seeking the resonance that will enable their race to ascend the cycle that devastates themselves as much as those unfortunate enough to be in their way.

Yizrii Paragon- In the Frenzy the young must consume the elderly, but a Paragon is the rare Yizrii that survives multiple Cycles. Maintaining the knowledge of their society in the midst of so much loss they serve as the bedrock for a new generation.

Governments

The Hive - A Yizrii Hive inhabits a Garden, maintaining the Crystal Fields that make up the Garden's core. In this form the Yizrii are communal and make decisions through large scale representation. Most Hives are isolationist but some do trade and interact with their neighbors, functioning as a normal part of the traditional political structure.

The Harvest- At the height of the Cycle the Yizrii government collapses and undergoes a process known as The Frenzy, though outsiders refer to it only as the Harvest. In this state the Yizrii retain their intelligence and powers but their focus becomes the creation of a new Garden through the total and complete destruction of a region of the world. The Harvest is, surprisingly, still an incredibly complex government structure with competing factions and interests but the form is distinct from The Hive featuring numerous acts of internecine violence.

The weekly update was also good with plenty of screenshots. Old One abilities are extremely deep and complicated with many different options. Time was mostly spend stepping on bugs. Modding tools release is as always imminent and videos will hopefully be on the horizon as the largest remaining bugs will be squashed in a day or two.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 13, 2015, 10:18:50 am »

Mwah, I already liked Sisyphus, but knowing you can full-on classic-villain burn the Chosen One's hometown and taunt them about it makes it even better. I hope you can corrupt their friends to betray them too, for 'filled with betrayal and tears'.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 13, 2015, 10:36:51 am »

Where are you seeing this weekly update? I checked KS, the blog. The forums are slow and because they have umpteenmillion threads and no actual announcement thread, finding anything they say is a pain in the ass.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 13, 2015, 10:40:20 am »

Where are you seeing this weekly update? I checked KS, the blog. The forums are slow and because they have umpteenmillion threads and no actual announcement thread, finding anything they say is a pain in the ass.

This is it.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 13, 2015, 11:31:28 am »

Loving that ability. Such evil :D

Also, the Yizrii have finally torn me away from my minotaur dedication. They just look really interesting gameplay-wise. And with TWS being TWS, I'm sure there are ways to guide them for maximum destruction.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1313 on: April 17, 2015, 11:40:57 am »

I need to see more about this game. Will there be alpha/beta access? Will anyone be doing a LP or showcase?

The videos the developer has put up were great but he doesn't seem to understand how to get the volume balance right so either he sounds underwater or the music is so loud I cannot hear him sometimes. I'd love to see something more, just walking through parts of a normal playthrough.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 17, 2015, 11:43:07 am »

I am signed up for the beta and am willing (though may not because of my internet speeds) to upload some vids when it is playable...unless of course there is a no video agreement which I dont think there will be

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1315 on: April 17, 2015, 11:47:33 am »

I already have plans to do a forum LP on this game. Probably several.

A few good videos from some big names on youtube could generate a lot of buzz for this. Its already looking very solid and polished.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 17, 2015, 01:24:38 pm »

I need to see more about this game. Will there be alpha/beta access? Will anyone be doing a LP or showcase?

The videos the developer has put up were great but he doesn't seem to understand how to get the volume balance right so either he sounds underwater or the music is so loud I cannot hear him sometimes. I'd love to see something more, just walking through parts of a normal playthrough.

We'll hopefully be seeing that soon.  The mod tools will hopefully be released in the near future, I'm holding out hope for this weekend.  Beta probably two or three weeks after that.  Then I'm making a safe bet  on an August full release.  They plan to release videos when the mod tools are done and they can make them.
Shoes...

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 20, 2015, 05:53:40 am »

Modding tools have been confirmed for next weekend. With this week being filled with new videos (on modding AFAIK). We're now in the final stretch up to the beta and should hopefully be seeing gameplay pretty soon as well.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 20, 2015, 06:45:31 am »

Holy cow, the forum is slow as hell again. They should migrate to a new server.  ::)

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 20, 2015, 05:03:47 pm »

There's a new and exciting update. New race (I dislike that word) up for voting, and stuff like the quoted below. Politics!
Opportunities tend to have a range of actions go from innocuous to extremely blatant. In this sample we've posted you see what happens when heroes invade one of your dungeons looking for loot. In this instance you have several methods for dealing with them:

• You can rouse the denizens of the dungeon to attack them.
  • Transfer a cursed item or artifact to them in secret.
  • Infiltrate their group to gain information.
  • Attack them directly with your Agent.

I can not for the life of me get rid of that tiny list there. I remove it, place a closing where I want it... no, more [ /lists]! Oh, there we go. Good.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 05:11:07 pm by lijacote »
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 210