Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 358713 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1365 on: June 01, 2015, 07:02:21 pm »

It's a kickstarter game. The last thing I ever expect when I back a game is that it's going to be released in a timely fashion. :p

As long as we get a quality product in the end, I really don't care.

Thats the way I see it...sometimes I forget I backed something and when I get an email months later about a 1.0 release I am pleasantly surprised lol

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: June 01, 2015, 07:22:02 pm »

I wanted to get more involved in the forums over there but man....so many forums, subforums and topics! That's a big reason my attention swerved away from the game. If I wasn't willing to trawl the forums for info, I wasn't really trying to stay up to date with the game and just went into "wait and see" mode.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 02, 2015, 07:00:45 am »

It's a kickstarter game. The last thing I ever expect when I back a game is that it's going to be released in a timely fashion. :p

Yeah, yeah, I guess everyone agrees on that. Let's hope that the beta test will go smoothly, since the devs are willing to listen. [..on a side note: I was beta testing many games, and the worst was the EWoM beta. Frogboy and Stardock gave no f*ck about any of our suggestions, so basically the whole beta process was all about fixing CTDs and bugs. It's funny that they finally released the game with tons of CTDs and bugs as well...as we all know it was a disastrous release.]

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 03, 2015, 09:18:24 am »

While I don't like having to wait for gameplay because modding tools have to be finished, the screenshots and ideas in the dev-updates give me some hope.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1369 on: June 03, 2015, 09:23:49 am »

Yeah, yeah, I guess everyone agrees on that. Let's hope that the beta test will go smoothly, since the devs are willing to listen. [..on a side note: I was beta testing many games, and the worst was the EWoM beta. Frogboy and Stardock gave no f*ck about any of our suggestions, so basically the whole beta process was all about fixing CTDs and bugs. It's funny that they finally released the game with tons of CTDs and bugs as well...as we all know it was a disastrous release.]
EWOM is the only game in the last 5 years which I have actually requested a refund on.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: June 03, 2015, 09:26:40 am »

What is EWOM?  I have too many acronyms in my life.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: June 03, 2015, 09:43:23 am »

Elemental: War of Magic.  Kind of a total disaster, as gimli noted; they gave us the sequel for free in a desperate attempt to salvage something PR-wise. 

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: June 03, 2015, 09:45:24 am »

EWOM is the only game in the last 5 years which I have actually requested a refund on.

Well, Stardock acknowledged their error, so we -who bought the game at the beta phase- received all of the expansions for free. The latest expansion FE:LH is a decent game tbh, you can't even compare it to EWoM in quality. I would give EWoM a 2/10 and FE:LH should be around 8/10 on the fantasy strategy market.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: June 04, 2015, 04:25:37 pm »

Yeah. Bad as Elemental was, Stardock certainly did their best to make it up to those of us who pre-ordered it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 04, 2015, 06:15:20 pm »

Agreed. I haven't bought one of their games since, but that's because none of them have piqued my interest, rather than that I feel cheated by the company. I'm not a huge fan of the sequel either, but FE is clearly better than EWOM and I appreciate them trying to make things right.
For fantasy strategy games though, my clear recommendation would be Age of Wonders 3 rather than FE. I played that recently and it really is very good indeed.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: June 04, 2015, 06:18:55 pm »

I sorta regret writing off Stardock so thoroughly that I didn't pick up my copy of FE. Then again, so much shit changed from when I was last paying attention to them (they sold off Impulse and dumped their own forums for new ones) that it was going to be a royal pain in the ass to make good on it. So I just gave up.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: June 05, 2015, 06:30:01 am »

For fantasy strategy games though, my clear recommendation would be Age of Wonders 3 rather than FE. I played that recently and it really is very good indeed.

Hm..I can't say that I prefer AoW 3. AoW 3. was extremely bland on launch, but it was much better than EWoM at release of course. Now with the latest expansion - Eternal Lords, the game is allright, I would rate it 8/10 as well...for some weird reason (?) I still prefer AoW - SM over these games. Sadly, the AI is mediocre or worse in all of these games, and since I never play strategy games online, it's kinda annoying.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:35:54 am by gimli »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: June 05, 2015, 09:26:53 am »

Endless legend
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 05, 2015, 10:07:15 am »

Endless legend

Seconded, Endless Legend is very good. I did not like AoW3 at all really.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 06, 2015, 08:56:20 am »

It's allright, and I must agree that there are some decent ideas in the game, but I don't like it that much. My biggest problem is that there isn't any magic/spell system in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 210