Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 777011 times)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #3510 on: October 09, 2016, 12:06:36 pm »

These doubleposts are hurting my soul.

Agreed, and also agreed with Gunner-Chan - Potato might be creating the greatest game ever, but his way of getting it across leaves a whole lot to be desired. Redacting things on forums isn't a thing that's done, because it's just completely confusing and ruins the whole thread. We've now got half a page of conversation about something no one can see anymore.

Really Potato, if you want to keep posting - sit and think about what you want to write and are happy to stand behind, or don't post at all. It's just common decency.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: October 09, 2016, 12:36:36 pm »

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: October 10, 2016, 06:25:00 am »

Agreed, and also agreed with Gunner-Chan - Potato might be creating the greatest game ever, but his way of getting it across leaves a whole lot to be desired. Redacting things on forums isn't a thing that's done, because it's just completely confusing and ruins the whole thread. We've now got half a page of conversation about something no one can see anymore.

Really Potato, if you want to keep posting - sit and think about what you want to write and are happy to stand behind, or don't post at all. It's just common decency.
+1 to this. I was checking the thread lately and in the span of around a day or two, there seems to be a blank spot between the last time I checked and now. (ie Flying_Potato had more posts than the first post being a ".")

There are also ways on how to deal with seemingly angry people--usually they're talking about what was done, not your existence or inherent capabilities, and those people in this thread aren't even the 'hunt them down and be angry all over them' type, so asking their concerns or taking constructive criticism helps quite a lot. If you've stuff to say or about your work with this open-project, talk about it; if you've to redact something, leave an explanation too so others can get what's going on. One's own personal feelings can't be readily felt through this medium if there's no communication, especially if this lack of communication just leaves bad impressions on one or both sides.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: October 10, 2016, 07:39:17 am »

Agreed, and also agreed with Gunner-Chan - Potato might be creating the greatest game ever, but his way of getting it across leaves a whole lot to be desired.

+1 to this.

+2 this is the second time he fails to understand basic netiquette, which super simple stuff, then edits all posts and self deletes when people tries to explain where the problem is.

Also plz stop encouraging this is the thread for 'Chapter Master' the working game. I'm glad you all trying to keep it going but get your own thread if there's substantial discussion about it.

DerrickMoore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: October 10, 2016, 10:36:02 am »

I'm calling this image "killing a heretic"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9xwxdc4kx8x43m/bombing%20city02.jpg?dl=0

also, here is a game from 1994 I'm accidently releasing because I no longer have a computer that can run this un-released game.

It's the story of a half-company of Dark Angels sent to kill the heretic Nokar, a traitorous Imperial Commander.

I really want some screenshots of the game, since I have no art from this game at all in my portfolio and it's one of the most important (to me) games I've ever made. (this game is 22 years old, and I beleave that I have the only copy and that if I dont get some screenshots, this art and story will be lost forever.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rk0r2348g1i873x/AABOUA59pV99TCxUOVC5Dgxda?dl=0

so? can anyone run this, and get me some screenshots? anyone with the patience to, will be rewarded with the awesome full motion video Space Marine movie that plays in between levels.

there are 5 levels, Space-Orks, then Cultists, then Tyranids.... The graphics, well, think 1990s, 640x480 and only 256 colors in the whole game....

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: October 10, 2016, 11:35:14 am »

It runs fine in DOSBox, though the "install.exe" seems to be a red herring.  It can't find a necessary file, but going into data and running wh1.exe works fine.
Once you're in, ctrl-F5 will save screenshots.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: November 09, 2016, 01:41:35 am »

Hey, does anyone else have a problem with AdMech gene seed IOU still being a certain value, despite the fact that I'm drowning in gene seeds?

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: November 09, 2016, 11:34:22 am »

also, when you're recruiting specialty marines, like techmarines or librarians, are  you taking already existing marines and giving them new roles, or are these guys made from scratch?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: November 09, 2016, 12:05:07 pm »

Existing marines to a new role.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: November 09, 2016, 02:44:19 pm »

Existing marines to a new role.
from which companies?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: November 09, 2016, 03:05:31 pm »

I think? you have to manually assign them? It's been a while, I can't quite remember.

Basically you use the Promote feature to promote them into the Command Company and make them an Apothecary/Techmarine/Librarian. At least that's how I always did it.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: November 10, 2016, 09:50:26 pm »

anyone know what to do when Eldar harlequins show up?

do I land my guys on whatever planet they're on or what?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: November 11, 2016, 02:33:35 am »

anyone know what to do when Eldar harlequins show up?

do I land my guys on whatever planet they're on or what?

As I remember this event has no consequences in CM events file.

There was some unfinished work  about doing missions for eldar, probably Duke intended harlequins as way to get in contact with craftworld before he dropped development.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: November 12, 2016, 12:28:51 pm »

it also appears the necron tomb missions are bugged. Even if I land my guys with the plasma bomb in a tomb, the notice card keeps saying "Are you ready to start the mission" every turn until the necrons pop up from their graves.

NivlacSupreme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: November 13, 2016, 05:43:03 pm »

I doubt this will ever be a working game. It does seem like something GW would make due to its complexity and really tough learning curve. Maybe after a few years of new GW....
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 288