Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Five Nights at Freddy's: Chuck E. Cheese nocturnal surveilance simulator  (Read 87205 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's: Chuck E. Cheese nocturnal surveilance simulator
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 02:01:43 am »

Bought this game during my brother's party last night, much fun was had. Friends were traumatized.

Been watching other people play it on youtube, their screams are hilarious, but I'm having a hard time playing it. Too much waiting around for shit to happen. On the other hand, I'm a bit apprehensive about crossing the house to me bedroom now.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 06:14:55 am »

This game touches all of my nope buttons (crushing/squeezing, helpless in the dark/power outage, animal animatronics, abandoned/closed places). I've only read about the game and watched one video, and I'm already terrified. Its one of those things where I would wuss out five minutes in.

I watched yesterday's Steam Train episode at like 1am, and I literally had to work up to leaving the room.

I do mean to try it, though. Is it still free, or does it cost now?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 06:21:28 am »

I am surprised I am the only one here with absolutely no fear of animatronics.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 06:23:01 am »

I am simultaneously impressed and disappointed in the games use of pre-rendered areas. On the one hand it's not something you see done often, especially in the slightly panoramic manner here and it really allows a lot of control over the players focus at any given time.
On the other hand, the panning does warp the image slightly and it means that screen shots of the game kind of detract from the end experience because everyone witnesses the same events (though certainly in different orders). Maybe more variation in scenes?

I think some details randomly change and at least one change can affect the game.

TBH though, I really do like the early-CG, early 2000's style art. It's very appropriate for a tacky pizza joint going out of business.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2014, 12:06:06 pm »

The graphics kind of remind me of an old game called "The Day the World Broke," which terrified me as a child.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2014, 01:47:05 pm »

I am surprised I am the only one here with absolutely no fear of animatronics.
I'm not either.

I think their movement is clunky and lame, not to the point of the Valley, ahaha.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2014, 02:01:57 pm »

The same thing... >_>

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2014, 02:28:45 pm »

I've been doing science on the first night. It seems that most of the time, if you simply leave the game idle, you can survive the first night no problem. However, in one test where I moved the mouse slightly,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2014, 02:32:34 pm »

Honestly to me the big question is how this place managed to stay in business.

This is like those games with haunted mansions that must have been a realtor's nightmare!

And it isn't like this place is normal during the day >_< the backstory makes it clear that no, these things cause fatalities in broad daylight.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:34:26 pm by Neonivek »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2014, 02:32:48 pm »

I've been doing science on the first night. It seems that most of the time, if you simply leave the game idle, you can survive the first night no problem. However, in one test where I moved the mouse slightly,

That's the RNG for you. The AI on characters changes only lhe likelyhood of something happening and it's never a definite.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2014, 01:46:30 pm »

So some friends and I put this up on a decently sized television and played. It probably is a good idea to make sure my laptop is on a solid surface. My friend slammed the laptop lid and ran across the room, almost pulling the television over and nearly dropping the computer. On night two.

Once Freddy and Foxy start moving, I just have to cry. I finished night four but I'm too afraid to move on D:
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2014, 01:50:14 pm »

Crosspost, but...

This one almost killed me IRL. So, after putting a measly 83 minutes into the game before giving up on it, I decided to play Five Nights At Freddy's again. In the car, that is, to pass the time on the way to family vacation for labor day weekend. So here I am, laptop in the car, playing the game. I've never screamed at a game before (except maybe in rage). Not even this one. But this is the first time I'd played it with headphones on. Second night, watching diligently for the bunny that always kill me, I suddenly think "where's the duck?" and start flipping through cameras, and sure enough I put them down and the duck's right there in the room. I scream, my dad curses and nearly loses control of the car on the freeway, causing everyone else to curse. Lesson learned, don't play FN@F in the car.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2014, 01:53:34 pm »

That's the RNG for you. The AI on characters changes only lhe likelyhood of something happening and it's never a definite.

Yeah, same friend I mentioned almost throttled me today, I told her Foxy never attacks on the first night. Of course while waiting to check the camera again he pops out with his grin of murder D: I don't know what it is about this game but it is just terrifying.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2014, 01:55:45 pm »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2014, 04:55:06 pm »

I'm guessing listening for them coming without checking the cameras, except to see which one is headed for you (whoever's missing/how many), is not a viable/broken tactic? I mean, it would be cheap on the power levels.

EDIT:
Haven't played the game, and I guess I can beat it then.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:22:43 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15