Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is this sodding thing dead, and if so, shall we make a new one?

Its dead jim...
- 1 (11.1%)
NO! IT LIVES!!!
- 3 (33.3%)
-below are new one options-
- 1 (11.1%)
Yes, exactly the same idea but with more action sooner!
- 1 (11.1%)
No, burn the heritic!
- 0 (0%)
yes, but new style (post below)
- 0 (0%)
Whats this thing again?
- 3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: You are a SJ - A space combat thingie. (Recruting! 4/6, Vacancies are here)  (Read 21503 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a SJ - A space combat thingie. (Recruting! 6/6, Vacancies soon!)
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2014, 11:47:49 am »

"Let us just hope your "Contacts" are OTC Incorporated Corporal Pendle. As stated in section seven of your contracts you belong to OTC as assets for your terms of service, and Inter Solar Combat Solutions has declared each and every one of you important assets, to be used as the ISCS board sees fit, for aslong as they see fit."
"My apologies for my tardiness"
, continues the speaker, who is as close to "corporation" as you can get while remaining living,"But Captain Owens has recently been... Severed from ISCS and its subsidiary. Something about using soldiers as organ banks, or some such nonsense."
"Now to business. Your munitions will be provided during your 'insertion', your ranks are due to your positions, and your pay will be in company script, available upon return from combat. Now, please fill out these forms"
here it gestures to a stack of what can only be described as books, "And we will send you on your way."
"Or,"
Here it smiles in an odd manner reminding one of great depths of detachment and hate, "sign these forms and receive your training cards, to continue your training. Oh, and just a note? Narcotics are strictly prohibited on company property, due to their nature of damaging product."
AH hell, gotta find a new shade of evil... Beige will have to do. Or not... Fuck it, jsut shadow and glow it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:51:56 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2014, 05:11:19 pm »

AH hell, gotta find a new shade of evil... Beige will have to do. Or not... Fuck it, jsut shadow and glow it.
((LOL I found this.))((I'm going to let other people post actions first is I have no idea what to do.))
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2014, 05:40:37 pm »

Mason moves over to the first forms mentioned, reading through and signing them so he could get down to business and see some action.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 03:35:40 pm »

Flynn snorts, and ambles over to where the forms are stacked. He begins to read one, trying to decipher the legalese.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2014, 04:05:03 pm »

Lilly stagers to life and collects a form, she don't read it, after all what's it going to matter? we're all screwed anyway.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2014, 05:54:39 pm »

Jonathan, figuring that he's going to get screwed over either way, simply sighs and signs the first set of forms.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2014, 07:08:07 pm »

Eava, Sign the first stack of forms. "So what are these munitions?"

Check out my Pixel art!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2014, 07:15:00 pm »

Ash, seeing everybody taking forms from the first stack, rolls her eyes and gets one too.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2014, 10:13:09 am »

Everyone grabs a form from the stack (for I am assuming that PFC Lee grabs one too), and after signing a mass of documentation that basically states that everything they think of, produce or are belongs to ISCS Incorporated, and that you lot are basically indentured servants (Although nothing says THAT, leagaleze is a language of its own right these days) the creepy corporate being smiles its perfectly incorporated smile.
"Welcome to ISCS. Now, all your questions will be answered on your lovely three week trip to your assignment, your data chips for training are in your quarters, which are right over there, and your munitions, in other words your bullets, grenades, etcetra, will be handed out when you arrive. You lot are lucky, the cycler is just making the fast run, otherwise it would have taken at least two months."
And with that the model of corporate personship exits the craft, and a loudspeaker directs you to your "quarters" (Tubes about 3m long and 1.5 wide, running "sideways" across what is the floor when the vessel was under thrust, as it was when you where "at attention". Anyways, you head there and get slightly jolted about as the ship starts its docking with the cycler. On the way there you noticed a number of hatches, one leading to a "troop recreation and training center", a pair leading to secure troop storage, and one more on the same level leading to a mealhall. You havent seen anyother troops yet, but on your level there are another three bunkrooms, all locked from within.
I did warn you guys that this was gonna be semi-realistic, right? I mean, from the whole spaced thing? Also, I hate this fuicking keyboard, its too fucking small and I keep doing wierd shit likegoing up lines randomlty. keys are too fucking close together... Hell, its not even proper QWERTY, they diverged on the layout on the numpad area.

[EDIT]
Gonna let you have one day RP at the start, one day at  the end, and the rest is gonna be in 4 day lots. Lust a headsup. So have fun RPing!*
*note to self, come up with other people to talk to... IreallyshouldhavethoughtaboutthelackofpeopleicancomeupwithbeforeididagamewithlotsofNPCsinit...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:25:14 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2014, 06:04:49 pm »

Ash, dejected about the absence of drugs and/or tobacco, heads to the mealhall, hoping to grab something to eat, at least. She entertains a faint hope that there's some kind of alcohol there.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2014, 06:27:08 pm »

Lilly heads to the mealhall to see if A) theres any meat and B) any fruit, three weeks is far to long with out booze, so as the NCO she must organize a working party to start makeing some prison wine.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2014, 06:58:03 pm »

Eava heads into the mealhall as well. "So what a lovely little family we are going to make."

Check out my Pixel art!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2014, 07:25:41 pm »

Jonathan heads to the mealhall as well, trying to find some meat, particularly steak, particularly rare-ish. However, he doesn't bother to get his hopes up, and fully expects to find some sort of grayish bitter nutrients goo. He also makes a very poor attempt at small talk with his comrades.
"So...Did you know that the average human adult male contains about five liters of blood?"
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2014, 07:53:58 pm »

Ash grins at the ex-doctor; she thinks he's her kind of entertainingly terrible creature.

How much's five liters in money terms?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2014, 07:58:41 pm »

Mason watches as the others head off to the mealhall. He would probably want food in a little bit, but a little rec time sounded good right now. He moved over to the hatch marked for recreation and training and opened it before entering and closing it behind him.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18