Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I allow in more players/ characters?

Yes players, yes characters (max 2 chars)
- 0 (0%)
yes players, no characters
- 0 (0%)
no players, yes characters
- 0 (0%)
no players, no characters
- 0 (0%)
(write in)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 09:42:29 pm

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 109

Author Topic: RWBY RP OOC: RIP Monty Oum (Combat Adjusted)  (Read 119999 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY RP OOC: It Begins 13/12
« Reply #570 on: November 06, 2014, 08:54:04 pm »

I actually did have a better idea for my previous action a while ago.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 06, 2014, 09:21:49 pm »

Also her semblance is very unreliable.

Again, it's a matter of Seeing What Is, basically. Not actual foresight(well sorta), just perfect clarity as to what things are/what they Will Be. First interpretation is along the lines of knowing what will happen for the next second or two because she knows what everything is, and when you know every variable, you can predict future results(so to speak). Second interpretation is more Oracular, and more interesting in some respects; seeing the truth of What Will Be is a kindof strange combination. Which is both illusion breaker, lie detector, blah blah blah but she can't choose when it goes off, really.

It's not as good defensively as Hyper-Reaction times, since it's not as reliable and she might simply be unable to get out of the way fast enough anyway, but it's better offensively since she can see how they'll try to dodge occasionally.

I'm good with you rolling, Void, but ask Kj. It really depends on how he's gonna go with it, because I have the advantage, statistics wise, but I'm happy to RP it out as being closer.

Maybe I just have slightly different ideas of people's characters...I dunno. Indigo seems more like a 'get hit, hit harder back' kinda guy, especially with his semblance.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 06, 2014, 09:36:07 pm »

Funny you should mention that last bit. Well, look at the above post. So yeah, I'd like to continue. Maybe RPG could give me tips on how to make my things more interesting?

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 06, 2014, 09:37:16 pm »

continue with stats or just with RP?
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 06, 2014, 09:37:52 pm »

Just RP. I was having fun until the little spat.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 06, 2014, 10:07:35 pm »

I'd just say try and give your character a fighting style, and think of give and take; not just in the realistic sense of how is your character trying to win the battle, but also in the sense of what will make the battle more interesting to see.

Pre-decided outcomes are nice for freeform battles to avoid god-moding, so can we agree that Amber will 'win' (in the sense that she will have the advantage when they declare it over)? But also agree that she's probably gonna get her shit kicked pretty hard in doing so(I would think Indigo, because he doesn't have speed or power on his side in most fights it seems like, is a very creative and unconventional fighter, one who would make the full use of his semblance to unbalance his foes without the least bit of stance breaking on his part and in general try and basically knock them off guard and down so he can hit where it hurts). But also, don't necessarily take my advice for how to play your character, just consider not only what would be interesting, but what everyone else would find interesting.

Also, try and describe things in more detail, or maybe give clues as to their motivation, like when you're reading a book set in third person view, but from a perspective character; usually it gives a little insight into what they're thinking while describing what's going on. Just stuff like that to make it more pleasant to read.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 06, 2014, 10:15:09 pm »

is chartre also in dust manip first period?

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 06, 2014, 10:19:22 pm »

Yes he is.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 06, 2014, 10:21:44 pm »

The problem with giving my character a fighting style is I don't really know any scyth based styles.  :P Also, I don't see how an inability of being forcefully knocked over would give him an advantage at doing so to others. Unless you mean by the fact he can be more reckless with his leg work in which case that makes sense.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 06, 2014, 10:22:54 pm »

Hey is Grimm Studies an essay or test? I just want to know because if it's the former then I'll get started writing something to speed the process along xD

Also if you want help with scythe styles I can maybe help a bit if you want.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 06, 2014, 10:27:45 pm »

Essay and test, 50 points for a decent essay, and 50 points random, unless you can think of a decent reason why Lloyd has 101 level knowledge of Grimm anatomy, biology, reproduction, behavior and the various species of Grimm that continue to haunt Remnant after the events of 30 years ago.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 06, 2014, 10:28:47 pm »

Hey is Grimm Studies an essay or test? I just want to know because if it's the former then I'll get started writing something to speed the process along xD

Also if you want help with scythe styles I can maybe help a bit if you want.
Sure.

reproduction,
Hehe.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 06, 2014, 11:23:16 pm »

The problem with giving my character a fighting style is I don't really know any scyth based styles.  :P Also, I don't see how an inability of being forcefully knocked over would give him an advantage at doing so to others. Unless you mean by the fact he can be more reckless with his leg work in which case that makes sense.
I don't really know any whip based styles either; i made it up. Or just watch more episodes of RWBY and look at Ruby's fighting style.

I more mean along the lines of being able to play havoc with physics; for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. In this case, he doesn't care about the equal and obvious reaction, because it an't affect him. He cannot be knocked off balance, so he can be use this to his advantage in a number of ways; subtly baiting people into trying to do so and using their subsequent vulnerability against them, being able to take very unorthodox stances, since many of them are based on remaining balanced and able to react; all he has to care about is reaction. And so on. Basically, he can build an entire fighting style around it, if he wants.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 06, 2014, 11:46:40 pm »

In theory he could base his style around riding his enemies...

That's a fun idea...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 06, 2014, 11:52:32 pm »

I hope you mean in the sense of staying close on them and never letting them get a chance to recover, as most fighters get when their opponent is off-balance or needs to recover in turn.

The other type is just too weird...

I'm kinda surprised he doesn't use the shotgun mode more. A lot of Amber's fighting style is built on the versatility and rapid changing between forms Hakimdos has, as well as the speed and maneuverability it provides(though there aren't a lot of trees or anything around to use that, right now).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 109