Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (Medieval Boogaloo)  (Read 48488 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (And So It Begins...)
« Reply #225 on: December 12, 2014, 07:13:16 pm »

Wait, are people actually afraid of longdeads? Marignon has like 200 flaming-arrows crossbow dudes that will wipe the floor with that army.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 12, 2014, 08:39:48 pm »

I regret to report that my hard drive seems to be failing, and Windows (8.1) is largely no longer usable as a result (most things won't run, various critical dlls and so forth give errors about being incompatible with the OS, chkdsk /r from the install media on a usb stick relocated bad clusters in 3 files, but everything was still broken after).

I've temporarily booted to XP (which I had installed on another partition) to post this. It appears to not have suffered as much damage (So far the only error I've gotten in XP is that Chrome is claiming to have "encountered a problem and needs to close"). I probably shouldn't keep it on for too long, though, since the partition with XP is on the same hard drive.

(I can also post from my phone, but playing is right out, so we might need someone to take over (I've been involved in diplomacy the entire game, an AI would probably just get itself killed), at least until I can replace the dying HD, reinstall Windows, etc)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 12, 2014, 08:47:33 pm »

Rough - any idea on when you'll be back up, or do you think that getting a sub would be the best bet?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2014, 03:15:18 pm »

Probably a week or two. Considering my turns take about 10 seconds at present, finding a temporary sub shouldn't be too hard. I'm also surrounded by allies, and had just begun the process of recovering territory liberated from our enemies by them.

(posted from my phone)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:17:12 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (Looking for an Agartha sub)
« Reply #229 on: December 14, 2014, 04:13:06 pm »

Bluh, so much micro in these turns and then I accidentally hit "redo turn from the beginning" instead of save and quit. :(
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 14, 2014, 04:42:01 pm »

The only way to defeat them without killing them is to keep them in the battlefield after the 75th turn (aka "everyone dies"). And the defending unit will auto-rout (if not berserk) 25 turns before that ... :-°

Two points:

One, auto-kill is around turn 100, not 75. Defender auto-rout is 75, and attacker is 50.

Two, you can also fatigue out the berserkers; if they pass out, they drop berserk.

Second two, mindless also works in lieu of berserk to get around the auto-rout timer.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 14, 2014, 04:51:39 pm »

Oh yeah, undeads VS meneads make for long battles :/

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 14, 2014, 05:46:03 pm »

I am going to take screenshots of this next HO BOMB, it's hilarious looking.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 15, 2014, 12:40:05 am »

Probably a week or two. Considering my turns take about 10 seconds at present, finding a temporary sub shouldn't be too hard. I'm also surrounded by allies, and had just begun the process of recovering territory liberated from our enemies by them.

(posted from my phone)

(( Yeah, he doesn't have a lot of anything but basically all of his neighbors banded together to protect him. I think it'd be an interesting spot for somebody who's good at negotiation. ))

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 15, 2014, 01:01:21 am »

When the Reports came in from Our Grated Parmesan Scouts in the lands of the Infernal Cultists, the number of Undead was Staggering. Jarlsberg Cheese exclaimed: "I haven't seen that many Undead since the entire population of Leaf Basement was 'mysteriously transformed' into Plant-Men!" In Retrospect, His use of Air Quotes around "mysteriously transformed" was Not Worth the resulting Uproarious Laughter.

Contrary to the Rumors that have been Maliciously planted and spread, Jarlsberg Cheese did not Neglect to Mention the corpses of the thousands of Dissenters who Claimed that the Transformation was Anything But an Accident. This was a Deliberate Omission because those Rebels do not Deserve to be Recognized with the Unfortunate Citizens of Leaf Basement.

Yes, it is true that Leaf Basement was the only Province in Our Glorious Nation that did not Purchase and Consume its Minimum Suggested Quota of Our Finest Cheese. But that is simply A Coincidence. We would certainly advise all of the Peoples under Our Rule that not meeting the Minimum Suggested Quota is unwise, but Failing to meet that Quota will probably not result in the entire Province turning into Plant-Men. Probably.

Leaf Basement remains Independent. Jarlsberg Cheese certainly has not Decreed that it should be Left Alone to Serve as a Reminder of what could theoretically happen to any Province that would Defy His Will. That would be Tyrannical, and We all Know that Jarlsberg Cheese is a Kind and Benevolent Ruler.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:25:08 am by Hellheart »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2014, 08:09:27 am »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2014, 10:29:55 pm »

By the way, the title isn't just for show - if anyone knows someone who'd like to take over Argatha for ~a week or so, I'm sure that Shadowlord would appreciate it. It'd also speed up turns for the rest of us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 19, 2014, 01:12:19 am »

I'm going to guess that nobody wants to sub, and it should probably just get set to AI. I'll have missed a ton of turns.

I'm happy with how the diplomacy went, although less so that Sceleria's player mysteriously disappeared and missed several turns, which might have made things easier wrt defeating the siege force, since it was never reinforced.

I did learn some useful things, like that I should do conj/ench research asap instead of getting misc battle spells first. Also learned that claiming mostly mountains and caves is a poor way to make gold but a good way to make friends. I wasn't even backstabbed once! (Eriu was to my North, on the mountain and beyond, and I couldn't see Sceleria until I'd taken some of Eriu's land)

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 19, 2014, 05:41:34 am »

What you should have learned is that rushing someone without a plan to finish him off completely ends up getting you both killed.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 19, 2014, 11:46:02 am »

What you should have learned is that rushing someone without a plan to finish him off completely ends up getting you both killed.
Pretty much the ultimate truth in Dominions.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33