Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616675 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #510 on: October 20, 2014, 12:51:40 am »

I guide a few of the Ritan to shallower waters/the coast, to show them the sun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 20, 2014, 12:55:08 am »

Azem checks on the progress, if any, of the Mountwyrms and Gem Dragons.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 20, 2014, 12:56:06 am »

(As a note, I was picturing the Star Elves as living half underground, half above ground. Hard to do star magic without stars. So they live in caves, but the town itself, and most public buildings, are on the surface... just with lots of underground connections and expansions.)

The Star Elves, being skilled miners from so much digging, and having ample metal for the same reason, probably sell fine metalwork of various types, ranging from long sheets of metal with really good starmaps on them to really fancy forks and spoons, as well as other high quality products. The same stands for stone, and while they can't compete with golems for large scale stone structures, their small craftswork is exceedingly fine... and even if they aren't as good builders as golems, they're probably cheaper to hire.

They'd also be willing to sell raw ores.

Anath will also check in one the state of the Star Dragons.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 20, 2014, 01:02:22 am »

Plan: Just do 03.00 already
+8 from Varee, Grauel, Stirk, Azem, Cim, Kli, Serac, Khaziraad
? from Anath

(I don't know. Is +8/11 enough support to execute it? I think it is.)
(It should be. That's over 70% approval. Even if the other three opposed that would still leave the vote at over 60% approval, which is the requirements for an opposed resolution to pass. In my own humble opinion, of course.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 20, 2014, 01:51:35 am »

"I support the Plan, in anyway. We need to do this, there has been no arguments to what we expect of these Humanoids, and we all agree on the set traits mentally and physically. There is no reason we won't do this."

Artisanii then returns to his Divine Library, rummaging through it.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #515 on: October 20, 2014, 02:08:05 am »

I guide a few of the Ritan to shallower waters/the coast, to show them the sun.
The Ritan follow you and see, for the first time, the photic zone bathed in light. They are so deeply moved at the sight (and the concept of sight itself) that many just stand still, transfixed by the appearance of previously unperceptible* sights. Their brains rapidly work to associate visual shapes with the crude auditory shadows they had previously used as a primary form of perception.

*I know imperceptible is an actual word, but it has more of a connotation of "perceptible but difficult" or something

Azem checks on the progress, if any, of the Mountwyrms and Gem Dragons.
Some Mountwyrms on World 1 are calling out to Varee to grant them all the Eyes of the Shiny One. This business is, frankly enough getting incredibly silly, and they may need a few reminders of what actual greed is. It is also distracting Mountwyrm workers from continuing work on Alprozem's temple of Azem (and his impressively shiny scales).

A prominent Mountwyrm family managing caravans has managed to hire a few Gem Dragons as a cross between beasts of burden and traveling salesmen. They absorb several local competitors but remain relatively unknown outside their region of operation. Having Gem Dragons in air-based and ground-based caravans proves to be a significant advantage because they are closely tied to luck and prosperity in the cultures of many of their customers.

(As a note, I was picturing the Star Elves as living half underground, half above ground. Hard to do star magic without stars. So they live in caves, but the town itself, and most public buildings, are on the surface... just with lots of underground connections and expansions.)

The Star Elves, being skilled miners from so much digging, and having ample metal for the same reason, probably sell fine metalwork of various types, ranging from long sheets of metal with really good starmaps on them to really fancy forks and spoons, as well as other high quality products. The same stands for stone, and while they can't compete with golems for large scale stone structures, their small craftswork is exceedingly fine... and even if they aren't as good builders as golems, they're probably cheaper to hire.

They'd also be willing to sell raw ores.

Anath will also check in one the state of the Star Dragons.
(OK. Perhaps the previously described caravan set up shop on the surface near an elven settlement, in that case.)

The Hummingbirds and Mountwyrms are impressed by the metallic star maps, albeit for different reasons. The Hummingbirds see them as valuable for navigation using the stars, while the Mountwyrms are more interested in predicting good trade days based on the stars. Some Gruen in the trade mission buy bulk quantities of raw ores in exchange for a feast with Gruen cuisine. A Luminee acting troupe attached to the trade mission performs a famous tragedy to much acclaim, and a few Star Elves join the caravan for the specific reason of joining the troupe.

Plan: Just do 03.00 already seems not to have significant opposition. Go! Create some mortals! Hopefully there wasn't, isn't, and won't be any argument on how much you get to create exactly.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 20, 2014, 02:14:31 am »

"I wonder what my prophet has been doing. Also I would like to move the crab into world . Furthermore I would like to grant the Ritan a gift of a golden armour set emitting light. On the inside of the armour you see a humongous poem, describing the greatness of the Light, it encourages to believe in the gods, and to fight darkness."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 20, 2014, 02:34:56 am »

"The time to create the humanoids is long due."

Cim creates a chunk of creatures as per proposal 03.00, with the previously discussed traits.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #518 on: October 20, 2014, 02:36:20 am »

The Light: Your prophet has been selected as the leader and judge of a village. Enforcement of the law has been strict but just.

Yuvi* the gigantic glowing crab moves into the corporeal plane.
Spoiler: *NCU (click to show/hide)

The Light gives the Ritan a set of illuminated golden armor inside of which is a poetic account of the deeds of the Light and other gods and an exhortation to fight the darkness. The Ritan are actually quite enthusiastic about fighting darkness, having recently been given the gift of sight.

A lost trade caravan ends up near the shore where the Ritan are gathered. Seeing the Ritan as gem-scaled fish, some of the more aggressive traders attack some stragglers.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 20, 2014, 02:45:31 am »

Cim moves to intervene in the fight about to start, speaking to both sides:

"Cease from fighting. You could be friends and trade partners. You should seek to learn from each other. Bloodshed is not worth it."

((You also missed my previous action; I probably ninja'd you there.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #520 on: October 20, 2014, 03:01:29 am »

(Regarding your planned action, could you be more specific with the number of humanoids to create?)

Unfortunately, it is too late. Two Ritans have already died and are being carried back for scale extraction. Both sides are tense but cease further violence for the time being.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #521 on: October 20, 2014, 03:09:34 am »

The Ritan will retreat beneath the waves. Perhaps when the surface is kinder, they will return...
But for now, they will hold a ceremony in honor of the dead.

I will then grow two bioluminescent stripes down the sides of the Ritan, and teach them how enchant objects to glow by singing over them.

((I assume those were either mountwyrms or gruen, correct?))

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #522 on: October 20, 2014, 03:12:51 am »

(Probably not terribly representative of the races, but yes.)

(Serac: -1 Essence)

You grow two bioluminescent stripes on the Ritan and teach them a specific spell for causing objects to glow through singing. They learn this quickly and apply it for  their still-dark villages.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #523 on: October 20, 2014, 03:19:39 am »

Well, I'll go see how the Sorae are doing then.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 20, 2014, 03:23:15 am »

While traveling, the caravan that slew the Ritan might find any valuables they had suddenly missing. Said valuables are scattered across the world.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 475