Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617081 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #645 on: October 21, 2014, 11:26:01 pm »

((Why didn't I get any essence last tick?))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 21, 2014, 11:29:07 pm »

The angels have an utterly uncreative look of human figures made of silver.

"Rise, my messengers. Go and help my followers obey the Law. Judge for them if necessary."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #647 on: October 21, 2014, 11:35:11 pm »

(Serac: You did, but it got spent by one of the proposals from before 03.01 passed. With 03.01 passed, in the future, your Essence will only be consumed if you actually support the proposal.)

Cim: The angels teleplot to the corporeal dimension to attend to whatever demands attention most.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 21, 2014, 11:42:34 pm »

Azem checks on his favorite Gem Dragon, Alprozem. He also magically signs and notarizes his title as prophet, for bookkeeping purposes.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 21, 2014, 11:43:01 pm »

A bit of a stingy reaction don't you think? I helped pay for the humans too and I deserve my cut one way or another. I don't mind you arming them and teaching them to defend themselves, but if you plan to start throwing curses around and involving angels, expect me to do the same. Believe me, I have not been idle all these ticks before your birth and I do not appreciate you intervening so directly with those who serve me or my creations.

Edit:

Of course, I have no problem with the angels teaching the humans how to use weapons but I do not wish to see them directly combat my creations.
"I do appreciate your donation and the donations of the other gods - save perhaps some" he glares at The Light while saying that, "it was Azem who triggered my awakening while the council just went on and on talking about what the humanoids should be and how to go about sharing their loyalties. Moreover, I do not mind my followers worshipping other gods, and that includes you. What I DO mind is them worshipping MORTALS. ESPECIALLY when said mortal are creatures that literally EAT THEM. This is entirely unacceptable! If you want my vendetta against the Gruen to cease then instruct your people to remove humans from their diet!"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 21, 2014, 11:46:30 pm »

"Said god, incidentally, would appreciate it if no trade partners of my children were slain."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 21, 2014, 11:50:14 pm »

"I do appreciate your donation and the donations of the other gods - save perhaps some" he glares at The Light while saying that, "it was Azem who triggered my awakening while the council just spent on and on talking about how what the humanoids should be and how to go about sharing them. Moreover, I do not mind my followers worshipping other gods, and that includes you. What I DO mind is them worshipping MORTALS. ESPECIALLY when said mortal are creatures that literally EAT THEM. This is entirely unacceptable! If you want my vendetta against the Gruen to cease then instruct your people to remove humans from their diet!"

"As I suggested before, you are the god of the Humans. With just a bit of essence, you can clear their minds away from worshiping the Gruen if you so wish. Then organize your men into a proper military, wall of your cities, and otherwise separate yourself from them. Other races have had success not being eaten by trading with them. Maybe you could create a plant who's sap is foul tasting or even venomous, for your humans to wear as an armor, or cloves that make the humans poisonous when eaten, or as the Ocean god had done summon up beasts to defend them. There is plenty that can be done on your end, without intervention from the God of Hunger. You would likely be more successful, and less likely to make an enemy of him, young god."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #652 on: October 21, 2014, 11:52:04 pm »

I create an afterlife for my creations, for them to visit every cycle they have done something of value. They can stay there to rest for as long as they want before returning to the mortal planes.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #653 on: October 21, 2014, 11:56:40 pm »

Azem: Despite having directed the construction of your great temple, having divine shinies in his hoard, reaching the world record for largest hoard, having a a wonderfully shiny accent, and maintaining perfectly polished emerald scales,  Alprozem still has not found a mate. His first proclamation as official prophet is to unilaterally declare marriage and mating illegal for all of your clergy.

(Serac: -1 Essence)
You create a partition in the spirit dimension for your personal afterlife for notable souls to rest before returning to the cycle. The partition consists of a vast, beautiful ocean with an interesting, feature-filled sea floor. You may add or remove from this partition for free, as it is essentially a projection of your mind.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 21, 2014, 11:56:48 pm »

@Stirk
I have no issue with you arming the humans or converting them nor do I have an issue with the Gruen having to work for their meals. My reasons for helping Serac were somewhat similar but also due to the fact that his creations were limited in number and more or less defenseless. I did not wish to have them wiped out; something that is not likely to happen with the ridiculously large quantities of new humanoids wandering about.

My point here was simply that such a direct intervention from gods like the curse he placed on those under my domain could very quickly lead to an escalating problem if he does not restrain himself. My angel has been helping improve the Gruen much like yours have helped improve the humans. There is no harm in trying to teach and improve our followers. I simply wish to make it plain that if more direct intervention from angels or gods is to occur, I will have no choice but to respond in kind.

@Andres
The Gruen serve me and thus those who serve the Gruen also serve me. That applies regardless of how direct or indirect you may perceive it to be. If I wish to take my share and use them in more circuitous ways then that is my decision not yours. Now if you want the Gruen to remove humans from their diet, then by all means make them strong enough that it is not worth my Gruen's time trying to eat them. Until then though, humans are among the most abundant species on the planet and I see no reason why the Gruen should not be able to utilize this ample resource as food.

Grauel orders his Gruen to start feeding the more useful cultists Gruen Spores to give them Gruen like abilities and longevity and also so that they might get over that heretical idea that I have any intention of taking away their hunger. The less useful ones may continue to be used as they were.

Edit: Spelling
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:23:30 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 22, 2014, 12:01:11 am »

Azem also checks on sapphire dragon who is the priestess of the Second Piece of Eight.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 22, 2014, 12:10:37 am »

Anath creates a personalized afterlife/godly villa type realm in the spirit world for his followers and priests to visit before being reincarnated.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 22, 2014, 12:13:47 am »

And Azem joins the godly bandwagon, with the exact wording as Anath.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 22, 2014, 12:22:31 am »

"As I suggested before, you are the god of the Humans. With just a bit of essence, you can clear their minds away from worshiping the Gruen if you so wish. Then organize your men into a proper military, wall of your cities, and otherwise separate yourself from them. Other races have had success not being eaten by trading with them. Maybe you could create a plant who's sap is foul tasting or even venomous, for your humans to wear as an armor, or cloves that make the humans poisonous when eaten, or as the Ocean god had done summon up beasts to defend them. There is plenty that can be done on your end, without intervention from the God of Hunger. You would likely be more successful, and less likely to make an enemy of him, young god."
"I thank you for your words, Fusil, but I cannot take your advice. Firstly, I am already having second thoughts about the limitation on life I gave the Heretics. Vile as they are they are still humans and I care for them and their free will. Bending their very thoughts is taboo for me and I will not partake in it.
Having the many hundreds of thousands of humans strip the landscape of plants poisonous to the Gruen - of which their may be none I shall say - will cause a quick extinction of the plants in the best case scenario. The worst case scenario involves them being poisonous to humans as well. In any case I will not force all my charges to have the indignity of their being forced to wear leaves or sap just to survive.
As for your ideas on beast-making and militaries, well, I have plans.........

Yaos makes it so that the 10 - 15 year penalty imposed on the Heretics becomes a mere 5 year penalty.

Yaos also rips out a part of the spirit world and all high clergy, prophets, angels, and particularly devout worshippers of Yaos will go there after death.

((Ninja'd.))

The Gruen serve me and thus those who serve the Gruen also serve me. That applies regardless of how direct or indirect you may perceive it to be. If I wish to take my share and use them in more circuitous ways then that is my decision not yours. Now if you want the Gruen to remove humans from their diet, then by all means make them strong enough that it is not worth my Gruen's time trying to eat them. Until then though, humans are among the most abundant species on the planet and I see no reason why the Gruen should not be able to utilize this ample resource as food.
So be it.

My prophet is old and dies a natural death from old age after setting up the clergy and organised worship and whatnot.

A human is born, but it is not a human. It looks like a human to be sure, and will seem as such for a while, but it is not. It is the first angel of Yaos. An archangel. An angel with increased combat ability and an attunement to Universal magic. (7)
He shall grow among humans, all the while knowing what he is, who I am, and of his divine mission. On reaching adulthood, he will make all witness to his power, and announce his angelic nature and that he is the one prophesied by the first prophet of Yaos to free people from the threat of the Gruen. He will make title himself Emperor and unite all humans under his banner, whether by words, by display of power, or by force. When all faithful and unaligned humans are under his banner, he will don an ornate set of golden armour and make war against the Gruen and the Heretics. His ageing will stop at middle-age and will have long, dark brown hair. He is the Angel-Emperor of Mankind.

Yaos also makes a pair of generic angels to serve his whims.

"Fusil, I have a proposition for you. My Emperor requires a weapon. I want either you or one of your angels to make one and give it to him. I am thinking of a large, flaming sword. In return the Emperor will build temples dedicated towards you, and will make owning a weapon mandatory among every human under his power. If you have any other requests you have simply to ask."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:43:31 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #659 on: October 22, 2014, 12:30:30 am »

Grauel: The Gruen begin feeding the better cultists Gruen spores in an attempt to make them stronger, more adaptable, and more like themselves in general.

Azem: The priestess has sold the Second Piece of Eight to the group of gem-colored Mountwyrms and retired with a mate and their five children in an increasingly wealthy human town.She and her mate have been providing successful advice on increasing wealth to the humans for many years now.

(Anath: -1 Essence)

Anath: You create a Starry Plane in the spirit dimension as a place of rest for your worshippers in between cycles. The land is in a state of perpetual night, and the copies of the constellations found in the two worlds can be seen here as well.*

(Azem: -1 Essence)

Azem: You create a Shiny Plane in the spirit dimension as a place of rest for your worshippers in between cycles. The land is made of gold and silver coins with shinies strewn on the top layers.*

(Yaos: -12 Essence)

Yaos: You reduce the curse on the Heretics by a substantial amount. You create a Human Plane in the spirit dimension as an afterlife for your followers and create a unique Angel of Mankind* and two basic angels.

*NCU

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 475