Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616781 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 11: Questions and quarrels
« Reply #750 on: October 22, 2014, 05:42:56 pm »

Joha: The wood elven Council of Elders on Keshan seems to have approved overgrowing the edges of the forest in an attempt to keep the wars out of their lands. The forests have become associated, somewhat ironically, with death after multiple disappearances of wandering outsiders. Wood elves are still portrayed positively in human folklore, and seeing one in a forest is said to be a sign of their compassion and assistance with directions. Whether this is actually true is a different matter.

On Slytha, lacking pressure from the looming war, the wood elves have taken to modifying the vegetation around their retreats for novelty. Oddly colored leaves and bizarrely shaped flowers proliferate around their homes.

The Light:
First Luminee: "I wish for my light to flash between many colors."
Second Luminee: "I wish to join a caravan! But my parents want me to stay on the farm."
Third Luminee: "I wish for my son to stay on the farm and not join a caravan."
Fourth Luminee: "I wish I could be bigger than Yuvi the Light Crab* for a day."
Human: "I wish to return to peace. My children at home are sick."
Mountwyrm: "I wish I could glow like a Luminee in a shiny way."
Gruen: "I wish I could eat something that would let me glow."

Azem:
Random Mountwyrm: "I wish we could go back to trading shinies and not Azem's children."
Gem Council Mountwyrm (Quartz): "I wish to remove the current Shiny Sapphire and take the position."
Random Mountwyrm: "I wish everyone had a thousand more [coins]!"

*NCU

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 22, 2014, 05:55:03 pm »

"All Luminees shall gain a colourchanging light, when they receive a quest from the Multiprism and fulfill it.
Oh son, learn to honour your parents but follow your heartlight. Mother, learn to let your son go and prepare him for the hardships of the future.

No luminee shall grow bigger than the mighty Yuvi.
Human, if you wish to return home just do so, I shall aid your children however. If Yaos allows I shall bring them a healing light.
Mountwyrm, you have to gather the glowing mushroom and make a paste of it, mix this paste with salt and use this powder to cover yourself.
Gruen, feed on the glowing mushroom and you shall glow. Feed on a Luminee, if you find one who wishes to leave this place."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 22, 2014, 06:00:17 pm »

Azem scatters glowing silver coins over the oceans of Keshan.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:02:58 pm by Vgray »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 22, 2014, 06:14:17 pm »

Yaos comes back after hanging with the Slythan Prophet of Yaos, who I shall now name Malik, after swapping some stories, having dinner at a tavern, and going for a quick flight over a forest. It was really nice, but she had duties to attend to in the godly realm.

"Do I dare even comment on that?"
"Why are you always so mean to me, Azem?" D: "You're the one who awakened me and I'm just so glad and thankful and why don't you like me?" D':

Gods died.
"Why are these bad things even happening to us? Can't they see we have enough problems already? Now they're killing us! I'm so scared now." )':

"I want to be the best at everything I do!"
"I wish to slay a Gem Dragon and make its scales into fine clothing."
"I wish all the Luminees in town would leave."
"I want to know more about these Void things."
"I just want a jelly roll. Maybe my children will at least survive another day."
"I wish the war would stop so I can get back with the caravan."
"I want to become a god! Of Conquest!"
"I will make you the very best at two things. Choose wisely" ;)
"Gem Dragons are people too! You wouldn't like it if a Gem Dragon killed you and made you into clothing so why would you do it to them?" >:(
"What's so bad about the Luminees? They seem nice."
"Jelly rolls for the entire family!" :D
"I will set you up with a caravan to go to the Star Elves and Star Dragons."
"Worship me and Fusil and you can become a great general some day!" :) You still have to work hard though." :P

The jelly roll request is done as such: a wagon of jelly rolls is being taken into the city to be sold. One of the boxes falls off at the same time that someone drops a vase. The wagoner won't hear the box falling because the sound of the vase breaking will cover it up. The guy who prayed to me finds the box of jelly rolls on his way back home after praying to me at one of my churches.
I make a generic angel.
A trade caravan is sent to the Star Elves and Star Dragons. Besides the usual caravan guards they will be guarded by the new angel.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:43:27 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 22, 2014, 06:20:48 pm »

Azem sends a trade caravan to the Wood Elves on Slytha with Tomal and Rubin to protect them.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 22, 2014, 06:30:01 pm »

(Oops. Forgot about this.)

"Human, if you wish to return home just do so, I shall aid your children however. If Yaos allows I shall bring them a healing light."
Yup. This.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 22, 2014, 06:52:15 pm »

Anath encourages his creations to stay out of the war the God of Humans is attempting to conduct, and also listens for what prayers they are sending him.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 22, 2014, 06:53:40 pm »

The caravan is just there to trade, they're not looking for alliances or anything.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 22, 2014, 06:55:44 pm »

Azem tunes out the Mountwyrms and listens to the prayers of other mortals.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 22, 2014, 07:02:07 pm »

The caravan is just there to trade, they're not looking for alliances or anything.
I was already planning on telling them to stay out of the war, you just sent the caravan before I got a chance to get on my computer.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 22, 2014, 07:52:26 pm »

Visit the elves on the planet about to have a war, and instruct them to avoid the war if at all possible.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #761 on: October 22, 2014, 08:16:02 pm »

Tick 12: Rage, ramblings, and restlesness

Valkiss has been struck down this (half-)tick! The perpetrator is still unknown, but probably not an outsider to the Bubble. As a reaction to this death, Fusil and Joha have sealed Dar-MA-Gome's remaining Essence in a hidden vessel in case he ever awakens.

Cim's Code of Conduct, which places restrictions on what gods can do to other gods' creations, has come under attack for interfering in the affairs of the gods. While just about every god wants personal creations not to be modified or manipulated, it seems that almost none of them want the Council to enforce this.  Few would deny the usefulness of a Code of Conduct with revised terms.

Anath has created the Termitia beneath the shallow settlements of the Star Elves.

Varee has attempted to inflict multiple natural disasters on the worlds. Fusil and Cim have blocked them from happening. This prompts a bizarre discussion of Rule-ettes, which are probably like some sort of mini-codes-of-conduct. ;) Further into the discussion, Varee has not-so-subtly threatened the worlds with meteoric bombardment, which no one seems to notice.

Serac has declared the oceans to be neutral sanctuaries for those fleeing the war. The Sorae will remain neutral unless attacked. Joha has made a similar declaration, and the Keshan Wood Elves have, of their own accord, begun overgrowing their forests to thicken the barrier between war and their settlements. She has also visited them in person to advise them to stay out of the war. Artisanii seems to hold a similar opinion and continues to inspire various mortals, which has a minor but noticeable effect in reducing war zeal on all sides. Anath has also issued a recommendation of neutrality to his various creations.

The Light has encouraged the continuation of the ministry of the devoted Luminees. They spread shrines of The Light in many major settlements.

The Yaos seem to be harboring the dangerous belief that they have absolute command over humanity. As Cim would say regarding corrupt judicial agents or Anath would say regarding the dawn and sunrise or Fusil regarding followers fighting each other, this is not necessarily the case. They have also created controlled Humanos Grandes for people to drive.

The angels of Azem seem to have increased the influence of trade immensely. Almost all land-based trade on Slytha passes through the followers of Azem's massive trade network. A significant proportion on Keshan passes through the many hands of factions of Azem's followers. Their wealth is undeniable, and their control over trade is unshakeable.

Joha has constructed an artifact that burns life force to assist in the use of magic. She has also created Kifo, a unique Angel of DEATH.

Khaziraad's Golems continue to construct and assist in construction everywhere. Most do not seem to favor any particular side and construct solely for the sake of construction.

The Light has opened up the possibility of becoming colorchanging to Luminees willing to complete a quest from the Multiprism. For non-Luminees wishing to glow, he recommends applying glowing mushroom components (or, in the case of the Gruen, death-bound Luminee). He has also prohibited becoming larger than Yuvi, although it is doubtful that any mundane Luminee can actually do this. He has also healed some sick children with the aid of Yaos.

Azem, in a response to a bizarre inflation wish, has thrown down billions of silver coins into the oceans of Keshan. He is likely to be reprimanded for this minor act of pollution by Serac later. He also sent a trade caravan to a Slythan Wood Elf retreat with Tomal and Rubin. The results are not yet known. He later listens for some prayers from non-Mountwyrm followers:
Luminee: "I wish I could be as strong as a Mountwyrm in the heat."
Human: "I hope my investment pays off. Most of it's my parents' money."
Dwarf: "I wish to find the fabled weightless blue metal."
Star Dragon: "I wish I could have as many trinkets--I mean shinies--as a Gem Dragon."

Yaos has created a basic angel and attached it to a caravan due to visit Star Elves and Dragons for the purpose of opening up trade.

(Azem: -0E, Yaos: -1E)

This update's dominant stars are the Staff and the Sword.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (-2*) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (4) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

Please remember to bold or underline support or opposition.

New players are still welcome. While many important details have already been discussed and/or created, there is still plenty of room for more creation.

Sphere ideas this update are Mercy, Wisdom, Healing, and Destruction.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:39:25 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 22, 2014, 08:21:29 pm »

"I propose that war between gods should not be dealt by the mortals, but by playing an intricate game of strategy spanning the two worlds. The pieces of this game shall be monsters, angels, heroes and similar."

I shall listen to suggestions of Yuvi the Crab, what does it have to say? What is it doing?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 22, 2014, 08:33:10 pm »

Anath encourages his creations to stay out of the war the God of Humans is attempting to conduct, and also listens for what prayers they are sending him.
Anath continues to listen for the prayers of his followers...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:36:15 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 22, 2014, 08:35:39 pm »

Have Kifo find the caravan headed to my elves and have him help protect the caravan, and direct it to its destination if necessary.
I'll also listen in to some prayers.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 475