Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616700 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 11: Questions and quarrels
« Reply #780 on: October 22, 2014, 11:54:41 pm »

"The scramble to join the arms race seems to have begun, brothers. You ought to understand that it's not always a good idea; you should instead learn your own sphere to prepare, for what would you do if Fusil, or any other ally, turned on you? He did openly admit that he is playing both sides, after all."

"If you don't believe my hypothetical, why not try the domino effect to a similarly complicated degree, so we can see if it works or not?"
"I don't doubt the power of the butterfly effect. You seem to doubt the power of your own words, however. What does this mean? You will understand it soon."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 22, 2014, 11:56:23 pm »

I think it is time to teach the mortal how to make alcohol and the enjoyment of being drunk!

Varee go and teach the mortal how to make alcohol, starting with the humans dwarves ofcourse! :P

((I dont think there is dwarf in the world right?))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:59:03 pm by Varee »
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 22, 2014, 11:57:23 pm »

(There is)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 23, 2014, 12:01:13 am »

"What weapon would best suit flying Mountwyrms?"

"With their strength and ability for amazing range, large bows (Now dubbed "Greatbows"), they would easily be capable of staying out of the range of most enemies while dealing an amazing amount of damage. More pragmatically, simply dropping rocks would be effective at incredible heights, especially if they are specially polished for the purpose. Other objects may be dropped as well, from steel flechets in a specialized bag to jugs of fire similar to what the humans receive."

"The scramble to join the arms race seems to have begun, brothers. You ought to understand that it's not always a good idea; you should instead learn your own sphere to prepare, for what would you do if Fusil, or any other ally, turned on you? He did openly admit that he is playing both sides, after all."

"Surly, a one man arms race cannot spiral out of control. As the god of warfare, it is only logical for them to turn to me in times of war."

"I don't doubt the power of the butterfly effect. You seem to doubt the power of your own words, however. What does this mean? You will understand it soon."

"As your proposal has been struck down thrice with no one to support it, it would seem I already won. Now that you have not watched your tongue as I have warned you, any harm that comes to my followers will be placed squarely on your shoulders and retaliated against as if it was open warfare."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 23, 2014, 12:06:41 am »

"As your proposal has been struck down thrice with no one to support it, it would seem I already won. Now that you have not watched your tongue as I have warned you, any harm that comes to my followers will be placed squarely on your shoulders and retaliated against as if it was open warfare."
"Placed on my shoulders, as if I was responsible? Yes, that is what I would do. But how am I responsible for what my free-willed creations do?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 23, 2014, 12:11:08 am »

"Placed on my shoulders, as if I was responsible? Yes, that is what I would do. But how am I responsible for what my free-willed creations do?"

"You just threatened to control your creations to attack me. If my son robs a man, he is a criminal. If I order him to rob a man and he obeys, we are both criminals. Even then, you will likely not use your own followers. As I said, god of law, I have enough going on that I do not need to fight you for reasons even Varee would see are petty. But if you harm the ones I care about, I will have to crush you."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 23, 2014, 12:16:58 am »

"Then do. With no code of conduct, neither of us can stop the other. But tell me, how do you plan to crush me? Under your hypocrisy?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 23, 2014, 12:19:43 am »

"Not this again!" D':
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 23, 2014, 12:20:36 am »

"I think I can settle this dispute. You're both equally annoying. There. Nothing else needs to be said."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 23, 2014, 12:24:08 am »

"Not this again!" D':

I actually agree with Yaos here; there's no point arguing.

Clearly the only way to settle once and for all who is right is to go to war as the God of Ambition and I have. The winner... wins.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:30:36 am by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 23, 2014, 12:25:29 am »

"Then do. With no code of conduct, neither of us can stop the other. But tell me, how do you plan to crush me? Under your hypocrisy?"

"By destroying you followers, blasting your temples, and finishing by having you beg for mercy. I might kill you if you go too far, leaving only a distant memory. Your essence will bleed away until you are either dead or a quivering pile of pathetic mess. In case you haven't noticed, your stupid laws are not well liked. You are not well liked. Killing me wouldn't change that. The rest of the Gods at least see me as useful right now, while you they see as a petty annoyance. Certainly, if they do not aid me, they will at least be content in shooting down your dumb laws should you somehow triumph."

"Now if you will excuse me, I am done talking of dead laws, and as you can see everyone else is too. A weapon god is busy during wartime, and I still have a feast to plan."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 23, 2014, 12:26:38 am »

"I think I can settle this dispute. You're both equally annoying. There. Nothing else needs to be said."
"I agree and disagree. This is a very annoying matter, but it needs to be addressed. Either we limit our powers, or we don't."

Clearly the only way to settle once and for all who is right is to go to war as the God of Ambition and I have. The winner... wins.[/color]
"I wouldn't deem what is about to happen a 'war'. More a 'display of repercussions'."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 23, 2014, 12:35:43 am »

"Not this again!" D':

I actually agree with Yao here; there's no point arguing.

Clearly the only way to settle once and for all who is right is to go to war as the God of Ambition and I have. The winner... wins.

"Actually, my name is Yaos, not Yao. It has an 's' at the end. I also like to go by 'God of Humans'. I am technically the god of ambition but that kinda tends get me into trouble like how now I barely have any Essence. My ambition really got the better of me, hehe." ^_^'

"I agree and disagree. This is a very annoying matter, but it needs to be addressed. Either we limit our powers, or we don't."
"We...don't...then?"

"You are not well liked.
"I like him! He's kinda nice...and stuff."

"By destroying you followers, blasting your temples, and finishing by having you beg for mercy. I might kill you if you go too far, leaving only a distant memory. Your essence will bleed away until you are either dead or a quivering pile of pathetic mess."
"Did...did you kill Treachery god then? W-was it you?" D:> *trembles*
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:40:14 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #793 on: October 23, 2014, 12:37:42 am »

I personally slightly favour Cim, but yes. Fight if you are going to fight. Otherwise, end this argument.

I am for limits, but sensible limits. The council can decide what they should be for each event individually.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 23, 2014, 12:39:03 am »

See now, you both keep talking like you could easily wipe the floor with the other. I can appreciate the hesitance you both share for a direct confrontation but if you both fail to carry through on what you say, it'll become progressively hard to take anyone seriously. Clearly verbal debates are not achieving the desired effect for either one of you. This is most likely one of those situations where you are both better off to just stop talking about all the horrible things you can do and actually do them.

(Andres, I fixed your name 5 minutes before you posted and you still manage to catch it in a quote. Truly impressive.)
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 475