Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617168 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 12: Rage, ramblings, and restlessness
« Reply #900 on: October 24, 2014, 06:09:55 am »

(It probably wouldn't. Firebreathing is pretty standard among dragons and I have a hunch the GM has thought all along that they could breathe fire. ;))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 24, 2014, 06:15:07 am »

(Eh...what about the Mountwyrms then? And what about the first dragons? The Star Dragons or whatever.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 24, 2014, 06:18:43 am »

(All of them are dragons so all of them would have firebreath.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 24, 2014, 06:25:58 am »

(Mountwyrms humanoid you know. Generic lizard-men. Who happen to be obsessed with the Preciouses. I mean, the Shinies. The wings were an afterthought.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 24, 2014, 06:29:15 am »

(I....didn't know that. IF I KNEW THEY WEREN'T REAL DRAGONS I WOULDN'T HAVE TRIED TO HIRE THEIR ASSES IN THE FIRST PLACE! I WANT A REFUND! >:( :P)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 24, 2014, 06:31:19 am »

(I created both lizard-men and dragons silly.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 24, 2014, 06:37:04 am »

(Wait a minute. Who ripped me off? The Gem Dragons or the Mountwyrms? I don't see the Gem Dragons being anywhere on Kilojoule's map so I'm guessing they're on Slysha and not Kelsha.)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 24, 2014, 06:50:56 am »

(The dragons ripped you off. And they aren't even a civilization of any description. They in ones and twos in treasure caves. Though I think Alprozem moved into my temple.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 24, 2014, 06:56:45 am »

A delegate is sent to the Mountwyrms to ask if they are willing to perhaps broker peace between humans and Gruen, with the single demand that Gruen stop eating humans.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 24, 2014, 07:00:20 am »

Azem makes sure Alprozem is present, as the voice of the Goldfather.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 24, 2014, 07:05:34 am »

To elaborate, the delegate asks the Mountwyrms to speak to the Gruen about a peace treaty. Since they are trade partners it is expected that they will have a better chance at succeeding in peace talks. This war isn't good for anyone: humans getting eaten, Gruen getting killed, Mountwyrms losing their trading partner and locking themselves out of gaining another...it's just bad for everyone.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 24, 2014, 07:12:19 am »

(Don't forget that the most direct route to the Gruen is through the Mountwyrms, if I read the map correctly. Poor Mountwyrms.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 24, 2014, 07:18:20 am »

(I...have not forgotten. Don't worry, everything will be alllllllllright.)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 24, 2014, 08:23:16 am »

Create a pulsating monolith of crystalline light, pulling very devout followers of the Light towards it to construct a city glorifying the Light. Believers of other Faiths WILL be allowed, but acts of blasphemy towards the light will be dealt with by blinding them, and forcing them to work in the agricultural complexes of the town.

This monolith will be placed on an island with rock and metal and wood, in world A. The Monolith will be called the Arrow of Light.

Listen in to the prayers of your most intelligent followers.

"Oh friends, please do not indulge in war. Oh followers stay out of the war by any means, unless it tears you apart deep inside."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 24, 2014, 09:23:55 am »

(I would respond to those comments if they were IC but they appear to be OOC and I'm not getting involved in an OOC debate. I'm asking sincerely that we all try and keep these debates IC. It's a game and is supposed to be fun. I think we all need to remind ourselves to make a distinction between our characters and ourselves and realize quarrels between our characters are not also between us. It is an RP game after all. I wouldn't get mad at someone crushing me in the Dominions (strategy) game I'm currently playing because in that game you all play as gods and the intent is to win and I view this as somewhat similar but with more focus on the RP and personal interactions (friendships and oppositions between the gods). I also probably wouldn't be leading a ferocious cult of carnivorous plants in real life. Keep that in mind :P. Also... this is clogging up the IC thread when it should be in the OOC thread.)

(I never said I didn't start it. But it was the Gruen that provoked it. Actually...)

A message is sent directly to the Gruen saying that if they want the war to end all they have to do is not eat any more humans. That is the only demand.

"I wonder how you followers will react, Grauel, now that they know the reason behind the war and how easy it would be for them to get out of it without further death on their side."

Random Gruen: "Thank you, Lord. I leave now to fight for our right to devour the weak and plentiful."
I believe most if not all already know and embrace the war and its reasons. I admit I may be somewhat hypocritical for letting the Gruen eat humans and even pushing them to do so while explicitly helping to defend other races that were their natural prey. However it is worth considering that at that time, there were not such massive numbers of any of those races and I did not wish to drive any of them to extinction so early in the world's creation. That was not likely to be an issue with humans with the meager few thousand Gruen that existed before the start of the war compared to the huge human population.

The other issue here is that I ordered the Gruen to eat humans in general because they are plentiful but you took it as a direct attack on you worshipers which is was not intended as. You responded by a direct attack on mine while ordering me on how to conduct my affairs which I find unacceptable. Furthermore even your later attempts at "peace" were stained by obvious contempt and mocking comments such as "I know you don't want to have this was because my guys will mop the floor with yours". After all that, I see no reason to seek peace between us until you learn at least a modicum of respect for other gods and realize that you do not have sole propriety over something you did not actually create, regardless of whether or not the creation in question is linked to your sphere.

I do not plan on destroying you like the God of War wishes to destroy Cim and neither do I plan to wipe our your followers or the humans completely. I personally feel that the destruction of a few followers is not reason enough to annihilate another god, especially when you consider they all get reincarnated anyway and will probably go on to live further satisfying and happy lives. That said, I do plan on providing a very harsh lesson on what I am capable of doing when insulted by a new god who seems to arrogantly think he can easily swipe me aside while simultaneously insulting me and directly intervening to harm my creations.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 475