Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616735 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 14: Underhanded Underlings
« Reply #975 on: October 25, 2014, 12:10:27 am »

"I was broadcasting nothing! You are a liar and a scoundrel to listen to the private prayers of others! Also, I will NOT detain him! I might have if proposal 12.01 hadn't been passed but it was so I can't. It was even the rule I objected against that's preventing me from doing as you request right now."

"He is not a god, and we are forcing nothing on him. Have your troops arrest him immediately. As I said before, he is a Void Voice. Neither the word nor intent of that law will stop you from acting."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 25, 2014, 12:15:27 am »

"If I arrest him that would be providing disincentive to not worship a god of his desire and I don't know if the Void Voices count as gods or not. If the rest of the council agrees that I can arrest him I will but until then I won't.....and don't expect any favours from me Fusil."

"I would like to propose that any god found to be eavesdropping on the private prayers directed to another god should give that god 1 Essence as punishment.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 25, 2014, 12:18:20 am »

"I must with the young goddess. Let us hear the opinion of the whole council."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 25, 2014, 12:18:57 am »

"If I arrest him that would be providing disincentive to not worship a god of his desire and I don't know if the Void Voices count as gods or not. If the rest of the council agrees that I can arrest him I will but until then I won't.....and don't expect any favours from me Fusil."

"I would like to propose that any god found to be eavesdropping on the private prayers directed to another god should give that god 1 Essence as punishment.

"This is in your interest, too! I have seen how you reacted when one of your followers simply gets eaten, to be reincarnated in another world. This Null will eat his very soul. You need not bother having this discussion with him if he keeps walking down the Easy Path, he will simply be devoured by the voices. If you will not act, I will have to do so myself."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 25, 2014, 12:22:43 am »

"Yaos, we most likely don't want any external entities to eat our followers' souls. Let me inspire you some. Heresy."

"As for eavesdropping, I oppose the proposal, unless it truly specifies private prayers, in which case I support it. Ones spoken aloud to the Council are not private."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 25, 2014, 12:26:11 am »

"This is in your interest, too! I have seen how you reacted when one of your followers simply gets eaten, to be reincarnated in another world. This Null will eat his very soul. You need not bother having this discussion with him if he keeps walking down the Easy Path, he will simply be devoured by the voices. If you will not act, I will have to do so myself."
"My hands are tied, Fusil. I will not go against the council. On that note, I say that anyone who breaks a council rule will be stripped down to 1 Essence with the rest of the Essence being given to the rest of the gods."

"Yaos, we most likely don't want any external entities to eat our followers' souls. Let me inspire you some. Heresy."

"As for eavesdropping, I oppose the proposal, unless it truly specifies private prayers, in which case I support it. Ones spoken aloud to the Council are not private."
"It's not that I want to allow him to worship them - it's that I have to. As soon as I get council permission I'll make sure he stop worshipping the Void Voices. As for your question on private prayers, it's the second one. The one that you support. Public prayers or prayers directed at the council can obviously be heard by all the gods."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 25, 2014, 12:28:18 am »

"Do the mortals even recognize us a collective?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 25, 2014, 12:29:33 am »

"My hands are tied, Fusil. I will not go against the council. On that note, I say that anyone who breaks a council rule will be stripped down to 1 Essence with the rest of the Essence being given to the rest of the gods."

"I disagree with that, murdering someone for breaking a rule is just foolish. You misunderstand me. I want him captured so we can interrogate him, and destroy whatever caused the cult to form. I do not care about changing the allegiance of the fool. We must disband the cult before it spreads, investigating him is currently the only way to do it."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 25, 2014, 12:33:50 am »

"Do the mortals even recognize us a collective?"
"Probably not." :P

"I disagree with that, murdering someone for breaking a rule is just foolish. You misunderstand me. I want him captured so we can interrogate him, and destroy whatever caused the cult to form. I do not care about changing the allegiance of the fool. We must disband the cult before it spreads, investigating him is currently the only way to do it."
"Taking all but 1 Essence away from a god does NOT kill the god. I would know. I survived for a very long time on 1 Essence. Besides, killing gods is also against 12.01. I also can't simply imprison and interrogate him because that would still provide disincentive for worshipping the Void Voices. I cannot do anything except to him to dissuade him except for provide an honest and neutral explanation of what will happen if he continues worshipping the Void. I would also like to mention that he thought he also heavily worships The Light so I'm guessing he has something to do with it."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 25, 2014, 12:35:52 am »

Azem hisses at Fusil.

"Be careful weapon god. Lest you tread the path of Cim."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 25, 2014, 12:38:08 am »

"Taking all but 1 Essence away from a god does NOT kill the god. I would know. I survived for a very long time on 1 Essence. Besides, killing gods is also against 12.01. I also can't simply imprison and interrogate him because that would still provide disincentive for worshipping the Void Voices. I cannot do anything except to him to dissuade him except for provide an honest and neutral explanation of what will happen if he continues worshipping the Void. I would also like to mention that he thought he also heavily worships The Light so I'm guessing he has something to do with it."

"The law does not state you cannot provide disincentives. As such, you can provide all the disincentives you want, or this law would strangle our motions to a halt. The laws are just vague enough to be unenforceable, the use of technicalities makes them easy to get around. Under your own definition of the laws, that would also be dissuading them. So would the war you wish to enter. Besides that, who would decide what the laws mean? As I stated before, they are vague enough to be useless."

"Be careful weapon god. Lest you tread the path of Cim."

"What in the three worlds do you mean by that?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 25, 2014, 12:42:17 am »

"I am merely suggesting that you not do anything rash."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 25, 2014, 12:44:17 am »

"The law does not state you cannot provide disincentives. As such, you can provide all the disincentives you want, or this law would strangle our motions to a halt. The laws are just vague enough to be unenforceable, the use of technicalities makes them easy to get around. Under your own definition of the laws, that would also be dissuading them. So would the war you wish to enter. Besides that, who would decide what the laws mean? As I stated before, they are vague enough to be useless."
"Providing disincentives is the equivalent of forcing a mortal to not worship another god. Also, simply explaining the current, non-manufactured disincentives does not itself count as a disincentive because I am merely revealing the existence of current ones rather than creating ones myself. Also, despite my disagreement with the law I still choose to abide by what it meant and my pride won't allow myself to simply skirt around it because of its vagueness. That would be dishonest." She glances at Cim when she says this.

So would the war you wish to enter.
"That does not count. That war is to stop the eating of humans and the worship of Gruen who are mortals - NOT gods. My motives are pure on both counts. The only reason I have not forced the subject human to abandon worship of the Void Voices is because I do not know if they count as gods or not and I am waiting for the council's approval."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:48:22 am by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 25, 2014, 12:47:30 am »

Azem chuckles at Yaos.

"I would bet many shinies that there is not one of here who is fully honest."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 25, 2014, 12:49:12 am »

"I am merely suggesting that you not do anything rash."

"I have already subdued him. What is wrong with that? Surly nobody has an issue with me capturing a lone cultist. Could you list three reasons this would be a bad idea?"

"Providing disincentives is the equivalent of forcing a mortal to not worship another god. Also, simply explaining the current, non-manufactured disincentives does not itself count as a disincentive because I am merely revealing the existence of current ones rather than creating ones myself. Also, despite my disagreement with the law I still choose to abide by what it meant and my pride won't allow myself to simply skirt around it because of its vagueness. That would be dishonest."

"You could consider it. I don't. Even if I did, the word of the law does not forbid it. In law, equivalents are not banned, they are loopholes. Explaining something is adding information, which acts as a disincentives. If you where to walk into a trapped room, and I warned you of it, would that not be a disincentive to walk in? I care not for dishonesty. A bad law is no law at all. If it gets in my way, I will cut it down. The will of the other gods means nothing to me if it means the end of the world as we made it."

"That does not count. That war is to stop the eating of humans and the worship of Gruen which are mortals - NOT gods. My motives are pure on both counts. The only reason I have not forced the subject human to abandon worship of the Void Voices is because I do not know if they count as gods or not and I am waiting for the council's approval."

"The Null do not obey our laws, why should they be protected under them? No logical being would give them protection from us for no reason. I have already acted, if you wish to stop me, then 'wait for council approval'."

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 475