Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616869 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 14: Underhanded Underlings
« Reply #1095 on: October 26, 2014, 10:03:20 am »

Huh. Reading about them at the library. Smart but somehow less spectacular than what I imagined.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 26, 2014, 11:47:15 am »

Create a trumpet of light. Play the trumpet to be heard in every Light follower's heart.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 26, 2014, 12:15:22 pm »

How did you start finding out their names and other information about them? I'm genuinely curious. I never really put any thought into how someone might start investigating the void beings.

"An Account of the Void Things lists all of the ones we could possibly interact with, their names, their spheres, and some other information. They are surprisingly well documented."

Huh. Reading about them at the library. Smart but somehow less spectacular than what I imagined.

"There is no better way to receive information about unknown things. This is no doubt the best way to go about it."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 26, 2014, 12:35:01 pm »

"Now I too am quite interested in visiting the library"
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 26, 2014, 01:24:47 pm »

"Be careful when visiting the Library, Mortals have a Knack for sneaking there and reading. Luckily, I banned all books about, say, Celestial or Eldritch Magic."
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 26, 2014, 03:24:20 pm »

Female form Yaos!
"Be careful when visiting the Library, Mortals have a Knack for sneaking there and reading. Luckily, I banned all books about, say, Celestial or Eldritch Magic."
"What about Cosmic magic? God powers seem a lot more important than silly star powers...no offence, Anath." ;)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1101 on: October 26, 2014, 03:51:09 pm »

(For some reason, I finished 15.5 but didn't post it.)

Tick 15.5: Xeric Xenoxiphei

Kli has inspired a once-impatient Hummingbird with a revelation of Balance. The Hummingbird proceeds to wander the roads, spreading Kli's ideas. The human Kli blessed with a greater sense of inner balance is now toiling the soil in the nearby fields. Despite the hard work, the human seems content to be able to help others.

The new colonies Yaos has ordered to be settled are still very small villages. The primary traders do not pass through them on account of the danger and difficulty of reaching them.

Anath has created eight magically conductive obsidian coins on each world attuned to each skyfeature individually. They enhance the Celestial magic abilities of their users, and whoever collects all eight coins will be granted a minor wish by Anath. This drastically increases the crime rate on both worlds, as various wish-seekers assault the current possessors of the coins in an endless, futile attempt to gain the Shadow's favor.

Azem has created fourteen total Pieces of Eight and scattered them over each world. While increasing the supply of astrologically [sic] expensive coins alone would decrease the individual price of each coin, this sharply increases the demand for divine coins, leading to even more chaos. The turmoil is especially evident in the more densely populated human and Gruen settlements.

Varee has attempted to merge the coins, but this would clearly not work, what with the implicit opposition of at least one god/item-creator.

Yaos has successfully commissioned the writing of a Book of Ambition. It defines many things Yaos considers to be ambitious and worthy of blessing. The Arch/Ur-Proto-Lawyer has received Cim's somewhat reluctant blessing.

Fusil has invested a massive amount of Essence into creating the Armu, a Cosmically attuned race of tentacled creatures that excel in combat. They are low-level reality warpers and can do many trivial/minor actions gods can do. Their first act is to pass a proposal prohibiting outsiders from eating them, although the enforceability of Armu council proposals is debatable.

Accusations of Serac's involvement with Void Ones have resurfaced (punanticipated) after a minor comment by Serac on Fusil's Armu and their tentacles.

Varee has attempted to introduce Mystic Snow to various subjects with varying success. The Gem Dragons seem not to care much if at all about being offered Mystic Snow.

Artisanii observes some entries for the Contest. Among the entries submitted are the following:
  • A detailed painting of a pill bug
  • A tyrannical painting of a giant human made up of tiny Gruen
  • A whimsical painting of a fruit made of faces
  • A worrying painting of a hollowed-out Luminee's upper body and head with many small mortals standing in and around it.
  • A disorienting painting of a Muse's face but with too many angles
  • A tracing of a brain flanked by the mask of tragedy and the mask of comedy
  • A warm painting of a flock of winged, flying metal objects with two deep grooves on their top side
  • An odd painting of a Muse made by a crowd wearing suitable colors.
  • A bizarre painting depicting a burning long-necked antelope and a tall Muse made of doors
  • A mess of various colors of paint splatters
  • A warped painting of a desert with melting sundials and swarms of ants

(Anath: -2E, Azem: -1E, Fusil: -9E)

This update's dominant constellations are the Hammer and Sword. The Keshan aurora seem to be even more visible and can be seen as far south as the Tree of Balance.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0*) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (3) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

Please remember to bold or underline support or opposition.

New players are still welcome. While many important details have already been discussed and/or created, there is still plenty of room for more creation.

Sphere ideas this update are Minerals, Seasons, Fire, and Destruction.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1102 on: October 26, 2014, 04:00:35 pm »

Create a trumpet of light. Play the trumpet to be heard in every Light follower's heart.
(The Light: -1E)

You create a trumpet of light. Its sound stirs in every Light follower's heart. They are quite disturbed by this heart-stirring.

Meanwhile, in a random uninhabited evil biome, it begins hailing fiery, bloody ice pellets, which ignite some of the vegetation. As it often has since creation.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 26, 2014, 04:01:43 pm »

"Anath, Azem, kindly remove your coins my cities, please." She says this with a stepford smile.

In the meantime, the coins are outlawed. The Inquisition is sent to find them. Anyone who offers the coins up gets a reward. The people are also reminded that praying to Yaos can also get you your wish granted. The only rule is that you cannot wish to be a god - they tend to explode once they do - and the more reasonable the request the more likely it is to get granted.

What are some of the prayers Yaos is getting?

I also do a little INCEPTION on a Dwarven King to dig deeper. This idea will not naturally be removed.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:01:13 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1104 on: October 26, 2014, 04:04:03 pm »

Why can't I access the library's books about the void? Fusil talked about a book detailing the void beings, but I was denied access to it...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 26, 2014, 04:06:21 pm »

I also do a little INCEPTION on a Dwarven King to dig deeper. That idea will not naturally be removed.

I go find an Armu group, deciding this is a great way to introduce them to the dwarves.

"You will find a group of men to hide in the location the Dwarf King is digging to. Once they breach a cave or other open space, you will come out dropping coins and other peace offerings, they might get the wrong idea if you start dropping weapons all of a sudden. Then make a trade offering, the dwarves have many fine metals for you to craft into even finer weapons"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 26, 2014, 04:07:58 pm »

"Artisanii, have you considered giving your followers sources of inspiration other than your Cosmic magic and the Void?"

((Somehow, I can name most of the paintings alluded to. Should I be worried?))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 26, 2014, 04:27:07 pm »

"I have given them the Inspheration, and this contest is meant to inspire Artists as well."

Artisanii starts judging the pictures. Next tick he will choose a winner.

Edit:
Why can't I access the library's books about the void? Fusil talked about a book detailing the void beings, but I was denied access to it...

"You should be able to read them, however I think when I banned those Books for Mortals, the Muses took it for immortals too. Try introducing yourself as an Immortal, they are angels and can most likely handle it without insanity and give it to you."
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:29:17 pm by MedicInDisquise »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1108 on: October 26, 2014, 04:41:11 pm »

(Yaos: -0E)

Yaos has banned divine coins from human cities. This mostly has the effect of driiving those few who do have coins into hiding. Yaos has also dreamnudged a Dwarven King into digging deeper. This was what the king wanted to do anyway. Fusil has arranged for the Armu to drop gifts of coins and trinkets on the dwarves when they breach an open space.

(Yes, you should be worried.)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1109 on: October 26, 2014, 04:58:57 pm »

Fusil, I think you are working with the void creatures. Why else would you know so much, and be bringing humans into the forbidden sections of the library?
An Artisanii has teleported you into the forbidden books area. Fusil and a few humans have just stepped out of a metal door split down the middle leading into a small room. There are a few dozen randomly placed shelves in this room.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 475